Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ahill1
Regular

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by ahill1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:53 pm

The kids were in the Mighty Mask costume and its contraints.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:00 pm

ahill1 wrote:The kids were in the Mighty Mask costume and its contraints.
Fair point. Though the only real statement we have to judge Base Saiyan's is Beerus' statement in BoG so I kind of go with that as the default one. I know there's some evidence that apparently puts Base Saiyans above Piccolo in the Boo Saga but unless Gohan & Goku already did so in the Cell Games, there's no way that can work with Vegeta touting SSJ2 Gohan from before as a benchmark for Goku's SSJ2 power.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:04 pm

I have base Goten and base Chibi Trunks around #18's level and base Goku [Boo saga] almost at #16's level. But to each his own.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:58 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:
Kaboom wrote:Only Kibito's battle power, meaning "ki level," was specifically said to be similar to Gohan's. But not necessarily equal, just strong enough to be a challenge for him. Gohan's training with the Z-sword was revealed to have helped his "arm strength," so I'd guess that's what lifting it in the first place was about too. So Kibito's power level is somewhat less than Gohan's, who being part Saiyan probably also has an extra edge on him in physical strength. Maybe even a big one since Kibito's an older dude from a race that's more about mystic powers than brute strength. Hence Gohan can (barely) lift the sword while Kibito can't.

Gohan — PL: 10, Strength: 12
Kibito — PL: 8, Strength: 6

Ta-daaah~ Everything explained, everything fits together, no haughty "dumb silly guidebooks are dumb and wrong" spiels necessary.
Works for me! I like the idea that equal power levels don't necessarily translate to equal stats.
Agreed. Look at 17 and Piccolo, both were equal but 17 was faster and Piccolo hit harder.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:10 am

dbgtFO wrote:It isn't so much as "the guidebooks are crappy and wrong!" more like what is the reason for that statement in the first place?
To me it just seems like they read, what Gohan thought to himself and deemed it good enough.
Looking at the statement critically, Gohan was only speculating, as ahill1 points out, so there's good reason for it to be ignored, when Kibito later on shows incapable of picking up the Z-sword unlike the father-son duo.

Also, while I agree that individuals can have varying levels in different departments of the body, I don't buy this should make Kibito incapable of picking up the sword at least. I can understand him dropping the sword, if his arms are weaker than Gohan's, but failing to pick up the sword should not be beyond him. If we look at it realistically it's basically a deadlift, where you use not just the arms, but pretty much every major muscle group, so Kibito has no excuse for failure.
I agree with you. There are some strength-related bits in guidebooks that seem to take some of characters own speculation at face value, like in that "Gohan-Goten same battle power" example. Contextualizing is also important.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:24 am

ahill1 wrote:Are you serious? when Gohan cannot even sense Kibito's chi and everyone is unsure at his power? And yes, Kibito being on base Gohan's level contradicts the manga, since the former can't even lift the Zeta sword, yet the latter can move it around with some difficulty.
Like i said before,lifting strength =/= Power Level.Just like how speed =/= power level.50% Final Form Freeza can carry an entire island whereas Boo Arc Base Goku can't even lift 40 tons without turning SSj.And where was it stated that Kibito's ki can't be sensed ? It was only Kaioshin that is confirmed.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:06 am

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:
ahill1 wrote:Are you serious? when Gohan cannot even sense Kibito's chi and everyone is unsure at his power? And yes, Kibito being on base Gohan's level contradicts the manga, since the former can't even lift the Zeta sword, yet the latter can move it around with some difficulty.
Like i said before,lifting strength =/= Power Level.Just like how speed =/= power level.50% Final Form Freeza can carry an entire island whereas Boo Arc Base Goku can't even lift 40 tons without turning SSj.And where was it stated that Kibito's ki can't be sensed ? It was only Kaioshin that is confirmed.
Agreed , and no kaioshin EVER could lift the Z sword
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:01 pm

Finally got around to doing a Boo Saga PL list and I've no doubt some are gonna take exception to what I do with Vegetto.
Last edited by ekrolo2 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:08 pm

I think the difference between Gohan and Gotenks/Boo should be a tad higher than that. Boo's strength will increase 2x when he absorbs Gotenks, you can fit Gohan in there nicely and make him like 1.5x stronger than Boo. After all, he was stomping him.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:13 pm

Doctor. wrote:I think the difference between Gohan and Gotenks/Boo should be a tad higher than that. Boo's strength will increase 2x when he absorbs Gotenks, you can fit Gohan in there nicely and make him like 1.5x stronger than Boo. After all, he was stomping him.
You're right. I've pumped Gohan up to 650 billion which, even with Super Boo's strength still puts him at about three times weaker than Vegetto.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:29 pm

Mister Satan - Maximum
Broly would like a word with you. :P

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:40 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Mister Satan - Maximum
I don't much look like Goku so I don't think the one word he knows would come up :P

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:39 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Mister Satan - Maximum
I don't much look like Goku so I don't think the one word he knows would come up :P
Your avatar is good enough for him. :P

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:43 pm

How does Grey Boo gets such an increase just by eating/absorbing Fat Boo? When you seem to use the pure addition theory for Boo's absorption's?

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:59 pm

Doctor. wrote:Has anyone ever bothered to make a Kiri list?
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Shinden_no_Fu ... 8103252/1/

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:58 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Your avatar is good enough for him. :P
Touche ;)
LightBing wrote:How does Grey Boo gets such an increase just by eating/absorbing Fat Boo? When you seem to use the pure addition theory for Boo's a
absorption's?
Honestly, I don't really understand what's going on with Grey Boo so I kind of just half-assed this part. Is there any explanation for why Boo apparently has a gargantuan load of power just stashed away?

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:21 pm

Good list, Mike. If Goku at 3,000 kiris was his 100% at FPSSJ, I'd have:

Cell Games

Piccolo - 1,200

Super Saiyan Trunks - 1,320
Super Saiyan Vegeta - 1,350

Cell Juniors - 1,380

FPSSJ Goku - 2,025
- (Teleportation Kamehameha) - 4,000
- (post Kamehameha) - 1,720
- (post rapid chi blast) - 1,000

Cell (vs Goku) - 2,250
- (Kamehameha) - 3,750
- (post-regeneration) - 1,822
- (post barrier) - 1,620
- (senzu recovery) - 2,250
- (real speed) - 2,700
- (Full-power) - 3,600
- (post Zenkai) - 4,860

FPSSJ Gohan - 2,700
- (Super Saiyan 2) - 5,400

Boo saga

FPSSJ Goten - 1,910
FPSSJ Trunks - 1,940

Dabra - 4,050

FPSSJ Gohan - 2,025
- (Super Saiyan 2) - 4,050

FPSSJ Vegeta - 2,430
- (Super Saiyan 2) - 4,860

FPSSJ Goku - 3,000
- (Super Saiyan 2) - 6,000

Majin Vegeta - 6,000

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:36 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Finally got around to doing a Boo Saga PL list and I've no doubt some are gonna take exception to what I do with Vegetto.
I'd bump SSJ3 Goku up. Goku says he was trying to destroy Kid Buu from the start but the way Kid Buu fights and how Goku was acting in the fight leads me to believe Goku is superior.

Goku reacted to Frieza and Cell much worse than he did Buu and Vegeta even thought Buu was garbage to Super saiyan 3.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:48 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Your avatar is good enough for him. :P
Touche ;)
LightBing wrote:How does Grey Boo gets such an increase just by eating/absorbing Fat Boo? When you seem to use the pure addition theory for Boo's a
absorption's?
Honestly, I don't really understand what's going on with Grey Boo so I kind of just half-assed this part. Is there any explanation for why Boo apparently has a gargantuan load of power just stashed away?
Sure. It all has to do with the Kaoshin that Pure Boo absorbed. I operate under the asumption that when Boo absorbs the Kaioshin, its more like a fusion than a simple absorbtion, if that makes any sense. Absorbing the burly and strong southern Kaioshin increases Boos power by a huge margin, whereas absorbing the plump and gentle Dai Kaioshin weakened him. The power that Boo lost didn't just dissappear. Rather, it was kinda sealed away by Dai Kaioshin's presence, unable to be used. When the fat and thin Boos recombine with evil in charge, Boo now has access to much more (but not all of) the power that the southern Kaioshin granted.

In numbers:
- Pure Boo: 10
- Boo + southern Kaioshin (buff Boo): 50
- Boo + Dai Kaioshin (fat Boo): 5
--- angered to the point of splitting: 10
--- minus evil: 4
- pure evil Boo: 6
- pure evil Boo + good Boo (evil Boo): 30
--- Gotenks absorbed: 65
--- Gohan absorbed: 75

Does this help?
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:33 am

Can you guys post your numbers for Future Trunks [Before he travels to the past], Future Gohan and Future Vegeta?
Last edited by ZombieVito on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.