Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:58 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:Gaps heavily depends on both fighter's skills and mentality, but you can find some some consistence if you really try.
That's kind of the point, though... why "really try" to force that consistency into existence in the first place?

I have no desire to concoct strict guidelines for comparing and matching power levels, because all that would do is place unnecessary limits, stifling freedom and flexibility. This thread is in the "fan-created works" sub-forum for a reason, you know.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:04 am

Chickenchaser wrote:Hey guys what do you think Raditz Power Level is 1500 or 1200? In my opinion is 1,500 cuz Many list show's this battle power (WSJ/D7).
Neither. Between 1250 - 1350 is my sweet point.

My main argument being that the gap between 1200 and 1500 is huge, 80%. Such a difference is out of the range of "rivals" as described by Nappa. While there's not any written in stone rules regarding gaps, there's enough examples with enough consistency to provide a template with discussable margins of error. Detailed information in the spoilers below.

[spoiler]Raditz (12xx, said so by Nappa) vs Goku (416) and Piccolo (408) Gap 66%

Raditz owns them both at the same time, there's no dispute that in a head-to-head fight this power difference is more than enough for dominance. I highlight that Goku and Piccolo had the advantage of ki-sensing/modification, besides the surprise factor.
Piccolo would never have been able to hit with his Makankosappo alone and he failed the first time with Goku's help.

Part 1: Goku (8.000) vs Vegeta (18.000) Gap 56%

This is rather short but we see Goku turned into a punching bag, just no chance at all. Another case of dominance.

Part 2: Kaioken x2 Goku (16.000) vs Vegeta (18.000) Gap 12%

This super short, what we see is Goku partially dodging Vegeta's attack. Which indicates that this wouldn't be a one way beat down. However, it appears Goku still wouldn't have any chance of victory in a head-to-head confrontation.

Part 3: Kaioken x3 Goku (24.000) vs Vegeta (18.000) Gap 25%

Vegeta gets dominated. He tries to fight back, failing to hit Goku. This is very one-sided.

Vegeta (24.000) vs Kiwi (18.000) Gap 25%

A panicked and fleeing Kiwi is easily killed by Vegeta. The difference between this fight and the previous gap 25% fight are three factors: Kiwi mental state in here does him harm, he's already a defeated man; Vegeta's toughness to resist Goku onslaught; Goku's suffering the stress of the Kaioken.
I would say there's consistency between both fight's, if we take into account the details and not simply raw power. The result would be the same, the impact changes due to the details.

Nail (42.000) vs First Form Freeza (530.000) Gap 93%
Overkill... :roll:

Conclusion: At the very least 25% power advantage is enough to own, even with other factors like toughness, mental state and ki-sensing/modifying advantages. Vegeta is one of the biggest tanks in the series, that wouldn't stop him from losing to Kaioken x3 Goku.
I should note that if you let yourself get hit by a Genki Dama or allow Piccolo to charge his Makankosappo for an hour, you're gonna lose. Special techniques can cover any gap, what I'm discussing is a head-to-head type of confrontation.

Based on other fight's that we can kinda guess the characters power level, I theorize that a gap of 10/15% can be overcome by skill, intelligence, toughness, team work, etc...
10% or less and we should have an entertaining and even fight.[/spoiler]

Regarding your arguments. Raditz said, after barely dodging Piccolo's first Makankasappo, that it would have killed him. Raditz would have died from the second Makankasappo regardless of Gohan's hit. This already points for Raditz power being inferior to 1500.

About Raditz mentioning Goku instead of himself about who's weaker than Gohan. You have to look at the context, Raditz is tormenting Goku there's no reason to bring himself into the conversation at all. The battle is exposed bare by the scouter numbers, all the statements regarding power levels are unnecessary.
This scene is all about narrative and emotional exposition, there's nothing more to pull out from it.

Chickenchaser

Post by Chickenchaser » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:56 am

[spoiler]
LightBing wrote:
Chickenchaser wrote:Hey guys what do you think Raditz Power Level is 1500 or 1200? In my opinion is 1,500 cuz Many list show's this battle power (WSJ/D7).
Neither. Between 1250 - 1350 is my sweet point.

My main argument being that the gap between 1200 and 1500 is huge, 80%. Such a difference is out of the range of "rivals" as described by Nappa. While there's not any written in stone rules regarding gaps, there's enough examples with enough consistency to provide a template with discussable margins of error. Detailed information in the spoilers below.

[spoiler]Raditz (12xx, said so by Nappa) vs Goku (416) and Piccolo (408) Gap 66%

Raditz owns them both at the same time, there's no dispute that in a head-to-head fight this power difference is more than enough for dominance. I highlight that Goku and Piccolo had the advantage of ki-sensing/modification, besides the surprise factor.
Piccolo would never have been able to hit with his Makankosappo alone and he failed the first time with Goku's help.

Part 1: Goku (8.000) vs Vegeta (18.000) Gap 56%

This is rather short but we see Goku turned into a punching bag, just no chance at all. Another case of dominance.

Part 2: Kaioken x2 Goku (16.000) vs Vegeta (18.000) Gap 12%

This super short, what we see is Goku partially dodging Vegeta's attack. Which indicates that this wouldn't be a one way beat down. However, it appears Goku still wouldn't have any chance of victory in a head-to-head confrontation.

Part 3: Kaioken x3 Goku (24.000) vs Vegeta (18.000) Gap 25%

Vegeta gets dominated. He tries to fight back, failing to hit Goku. This is very one-sided.

Vegeta (24.000) vs Kiwi (18.000) Gap 25%

A panicked and fleeing Kiwi is easily killed by Vegeta. The difference between this fight and the previous gap 25% fight are three factors: Kiwi mental state in here does him harm, he's already a defeated man; Vegeta's toughness to resist Goku onslaught; Goku's suffering the stress of the Kaioken.
I would say there's consistency between both fight's, if we take into account the details and not simply raw power. The result would be the same, the impact changes due to the details.

Nail (42.000) vs First Form Freeza (530.000) Gap 93%
Overkill... :roll:

Conclusion: At the very least 25% power advantage is enough to own, even with other factors like toughness, mental state and ki-sensing/modifying advantages. Vegeta is one of the biggest tanks in the series, that wouldn't stop him from losing to Kaioken x3 Goku.
I should note that if you let yourself get hit by a Genki Dama or allow Piccolo to charge his Makankosappo for an hour, you're gonna lose. Special techniques can cover any gap, what I'm discussing is a head-to-head type of confrontation.

Based on other fight's that we can kinda guess the characters power level, I theorize that a gap of 10/15% can be overcome by skill, intelligence, toughness, team work, etc...
10% or less and we should have an entertaining and even fight.[/spoiler]

Regarding your arguments. Raditz said, after barely dodging Piccolo's first Makankasappo, that it would have killed him. Raditz would have died from the second Makankasappo regardless of Gohan's hit. This already points for Raditz power being inferior to 1500.

About Raditz mentioning Goku instead of himself about who's weaker than Gohan. You have to look at the context, Raditz is tormenting Goku there's no reason to bring himself into the conversation at all. The battle is exposed bare by the scouter numbers, all the statements regarding power levels are unnecessary.
This scene is all about narrative and emotional exposition, there's nothing more to pull out from it.

Your arguments are good, but Vegeta 'laughning' when Raditz was killed by guy with slighty above (battle power) of 1,000 AT MOST.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ok, let's start with my further arguments why this is 1500 (official):

Raditz was said to rival the saibamen, who were at (PL 1200). The world 'rival' doesn't mean 'tie'. Nappa saiyng that the Saibaiman rivals Raditz means that Raditz was close or around the power of the saibaimen. 1,500 and 1,200 are pretty close numbers(Like SS Goku and 100% Freeza). Sufficiently close to the extent that a fighter with 1200 of battle power would be considered rival of someone with 1,500 of power.

Raditz was really scared of gohan's power of 1,307. This statement is oftenlty twisted by peole to prove that a Raditz is really at 1200. Many people just twist the statement or ALTER it to prove that Raditz was weaker than Gohan. The orginal statement is here:
Chapter: 203 [DB #203]
Context: Gohan gets extremely mad as Raditz torments Goku, powering up, but this power goes away quickly
Raditz: “Ba…ba…battle power 1,307?! [ ] N... now his battle power is only 1. It... it completely changes with his em... emotions…[ ] Only a child?! You’re joking! The brat has a higher battle power than you! I’ll kill him now, while he still doesn’t know how to use it properly…!”
Raditz was scared by battle power of 1,307 cuz he (Gohan) was close to him, not stronger.

Raditz wasn't fight all out at beginning:

[DBZ #5]

[spoiler]Image Image[/spoiler]

Gohan's(PL 1307/Headbutt) wasn't badly damaged Raditz(PL 1500), only made him weaker, not very damaged,killed. After headbutt he still has capable of crushing Goku, many villans after begin hit by a powerful attack, can't even get up. While Raditz still could, wtih no effort.

And official>>>fanmade

[spoiler]ImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Your gaps are good, accurate, as i wrote above, why i think is 1,500.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:02 pm

Chickenchaser wrote: Your gaps are good, accurate, as i wrote above, why i think is 1,500.
Well, Raditz being above Gohan's 1,307 doesn't mean he has to be at 1,500. He could necessarily be at 1,350 or probably pushing it to 1,400.

As some people said here, 1,500 is way above 1,200. And the guidebooks usually make mistakes too (just look at Goku's 10, or 180 and the 260 numbers). Nappa clearly says that the Saibamen "rival" Raditz. Therefore it can't be 1,500 since it's too much above that. It's like comparing 30,000 to 24,000, and we know that 30,000 does not rival 24,000 since is way above that.

Defeating a Saibaman is like defeating Raditz. For example, Yamcha's power level from the same guidebook is 1,480. He defeated the Saibaman, then he would surely defeat Raditz. That means that Raditz can't be 1,500, but anywhere below 1,480, and above Gohan's 1,307, can be fine.

Of course, this is just my opinion. I'm not here to disregard any other opinions in insisting that the guidebooks are wrong. I personally think they are wrong though, because of the reasons me and other people said.

Chickenchaser

Post by Chickenchaser » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Multipliers for Super Saiyan Grade 2/3?

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:34 pm

Chickenchaser wrote:Multipliers for Super Saiyan Grade 2/3?
I usually give Grade 2, SSJ x1.5. I have the USSJ the same, or slightly superior, than SSJ2.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:19 pm

There aren't any official power boosts for the Grade forms like there are for the main Super Saiyan line, but I usually stick Grade 2 about halfway between Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2, making it a 75 times increase or so. To me, Grade 3 is about as strong as Super Saiyan 2 is, maybe a smidge stronger due to the focus on raw power.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:32 pm

Grade 2 = 2x SSJ
Grade 3 = 3x SSJ, 5x when maxed out
I have SSJ2 as 5x SSJ btw.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:45 pm

Official ones don't exist, so it's mostly up to interpretation. For Grade 2 I use 75x base, a 1.5x improvement over regular Super Saiyan and right in-between it and Super Saiyan 2. For Grade 3, I go back and forth between giving it the same 100x as SS2, or actually a little bit stronger than it, like 110x or 115x, since Grade 3 places such over-emphasis on raw power.
deviantART
[thread]

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:46 pm

How big you guys have the gaps between Shin Buu, SSJ3 Gotenks, Chou Gohan and Buutenks?

Chickenchaser

Post by Chickenchaser » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:24 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:How big you guys have the gaps between Shin Buu, SSJ3 Gotenks, Chou Gohan and Buutenks?
Shin Boo roughly equal/equal to SSJ3 Gotenks

Shin boo

We all know this quote:

Chapter: 507 (DBZ 313), P12.4-5
Context: after Goku and Vegeta revert Boo back to regular evil Boo
Goku: “Hehhe~~eh! With this, Boo’s power should have fallen significantly! We’re almost there! See, see: the size of his ki is completely different than before!”
Vegeta: “Alright! Let’s blast out of here and escape!”
Goku: “Wait! Even though Boo has returned to normal a whole lot, we’re still simply no match for his strength! If we go outside like this, we’ll definitely be done in…!”

SSJ3 Gotenks

His Power is pretty close to Shin Boo or equal or slighty stronger, i'm give him the same level or slighty higer (4% difference, (Like Zarbon(23k) and Vegeta(24k))

Daizenshuu state that Gotenks surpassed Majin Vegeta after training in the ROSAT.

Ultimate Gohan

He easly beat Shin Boo, soo his power is 33% higer than SSJ3 Gotenks/Shin Boo or even 50%+

After having his potential unleashed, Gohan’s power far surpasses Shon Boo’s.

Chapter: 498 (DBZ 304), P1.3, P2.4
Context: after Gohan beats up on Boo
Gohan: “You can’t win…”
[ ]
Gohan: “I see…So you tried testing your power just to be sure, and I really was above you…That’s too bad, Majin Boo.”

Bootenks

His power far surpassed Ultimate Gohan, this fight was Boo(tekns)>Ult.Gohan. Bootenks easly beat Gohan and gohan is no match to the Boo with absorbed SS3 Gotenks. His gap is probably same to the Ultimate Gohan to the Shin Boo (without any absorbtion), i'm give 51% gap.

If you want you can look at Battle pouwers
(But this isn't indicated)
[spoiler]Shin Boo: 200,000,000,000
-Bootenks: 408,000,000,000
-Boohan: 470,000,000,000

Gotenks: 520,000,000 (Goten/Trunks=52,000,000)
-Super Saiyan: 26,000,000,000
-Super Saiyan 3: 208,000,000,000

Son Gohan: 135,000,000
-Ultimate Gohan: 270,000,000,000

(and this is SSJ3 Goku(Max))

Super Saiyan 3 Goku: 34,000,000,000[/spoiler]

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:43 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:How big you guys have the gaps between Shin Buu, SSJ3 Gotenks, Chou Gohan and Buutenks?
How about I just type down my numbers for everyone? In units of billions:
Majin Boo (evil): 120
-- +Gotenks: 260
[This Boo's strong enough that Goku doesn't want anything to do with him. He gets way stronger when he absorbs Gotenks.]

Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks: 140
[A notch or two above Boo, but still within the same general range. Unfortunately, Super Saiyan 3's stamina won't be winning Gotenks any prolonged matches.]

Ultimate Gohan: 180
[A notch or two above Gotenks, which translates into being several notches above Boo. He can handle Evil Boo by himself, but once the Majin doubles his power by absorbing the kids, the tables have turned and Gohan struggles to keep up.]
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:58 pm

Chickenchaser wrote:
Shin Boo roughly equal/equal to SSJ3 Gotenks

Shin boo

We all know this quote:

Chapter: 507 (DBZ 313), P12.4-5
Context: after Goku and Vegeta revert Boo back to regular evil Boo
Goku: “Hehhe~~eh! With this, Boo’s power should have fallen significantly! We’re almost there! See, see: the size of his ki is completely different than before!”
Vegeta: “Alright! Let’s blast out of here and escape!”
Goku: “Wait! Even though Boo has returned to normal a whole lot, we’re still simply no match for his strength! If we go outside like this, we’ll definitely be done in…!”

SSJ3 Gotenks

His Power is pretty close to Shin Boo or equal or slighty stronger, i'm give him the same level or slighty higer (4% difference, (Like Zarbon(23k) and Vegeta(24k))

Daizenshuu state that Gotenks surpassed Majin Vegeta after training in the ROSAT.

Ultimate Gohan

He easly beat Shin Boo, soo his power is 33% higer than SSJ3 Gotenks/Shin Boo or even 50%+

After having his potential unleashed, Gohan’s power far surpasses Shon Boo’s.

Chapter: 498 (DBZ 304), P1.3, P2.4
Context: after Gohan beats up on Boo
Gohan: “You can’t win…”
[ ]
Gohan: “I see…So you tried testing your power just to be sure, and I really was above you…That’s too bad, Majin Boo.”

Bootenks

His power far surpassed Ultimate Gohan, this fight was Boo(tekns)>Ult.Gohan. Bootenks easly beat Gohan and gohan is no match to the Boo with absorbed SS3 Gotenks. His gap is probably same to the Ultimate Gohan to the Shin Boo (without any absorbtion), i'm give 51% gap.

If you want you can look at Battle pouwers
(But this isn't indicated)
[spoiler]Shin Boo: 200,000,000,000
-Bootenks: 408,000,000,000
-Boohan: 470,000,000,000

Gotenks: 520,000,000 (Goten/Trunks=52,000,000)
-Super Saiyan: 26,000,000,000
-Super Saiyan 3: 208,000,000,000

Son Gohan: 135,000,000
-Ultimate Gohan: 270,000,000,000

(and this is SSJ3 Goku(Max))

Super Saiyan 3 Goku: 34,000,000,000[/spoiler]
Really good breakdown. But like Daniel said, Gotenks is a good bit above Buu. When Buu got serious they fought evenly for a while, but Gotenks had the upperhand and at the end of the fight he spanked Buu and was going to kill him. And isn't Gohan too low? Even though he was hopeless against Buu, he was still able to give some resistence, like when he broke the Galactic Donut and dodged Buu's blasts. And SSJ Gotenks is supposed to be >>> SSJ3 Goku, he was already above him Pre Rosat.
DanielSSJ wrote:
How about I just type down my numbers for everyone? In units of billions:
Majin Boo (evil): 120
-- +Gotenks: 260
[This Boo's strong enough that Goku doesn't want anything to do with him. He gets way stronger when he absorbs Gotenks.]

Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks: 140
[A notch or two above Boo, but still within the same general range. Unfortunately, Super Saiyan 3's stamina won't be winning Gotenks any prolonged matches.]

Ultimate Gohan: 180
[A notch or two above Gotenks, which translates into being several notches above Boo. He can handle Evil Boo by himself, but once the Majin doubles his power by absorbing the kids, the tables have turned and Gohan struggles to keep up.]
These ones sounds pretty good, i like your gap between Gotenks and Buu. But shouldn't Gohan be higher? Even though he was hopeless, he was able to give some resistence against Buu, like when he broke the galactic donut and dodged Buu's blasts.

IMO:

Shin Buu: 6,000
+Gotenks: 13,200

SSJ3 Gotenks: 7,200
Chou Gohan: 10,000

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:38 pm

Super Buu: 2.
Super Gotenks: 2.5.
Ultimate Gohan: 3.
Super Buu(Gotenks): 4.5

I believe Gotenks and Buu powered up by the same amount, so the gap here is the same gap between SS Gotenks and Fat Buu, which should favor Gotenks by a bit.
Gohan is a bit stronger than that and Super Buu with Gotenks absorbed is on a whole other level, creating the same gap between him and Gohan, that existed before he absorbed Gotenks, however now in Buu's favor.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:40 pm

Not all that large. The relatively small differences between Boo, Gotenks, and Gohan add up to be a big one between Boo and Gohan and a moderate one between Gohan and Gotenks-Boo.

Evil Boo: 100 (+Gotenks: 220)
SS3 Gotenks: 120
Ultimate Gohan: 150
deviantART
[thread]

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:39 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:These ones sounds pretty good, i like your gap between Gotenks and Buu. But shouldn't Gohan be higher? Even though he was hopeless, he was able to give some resistence against Buu, like when he broke the galactic donut and dodged Buu's blasts.
I'm not really that finicky about power gaps, and from what I saw, Boo wasn't really even trying when he fought Gohan. So any "resistance" Gohan put up against him was undercut by Boo's lack of effort.

Chickenchaser

Post by Chickenchaser » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:41 am

Gap between SSJ Goku, SSJ Gohan and Perfect Cell (Full Power)?

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:57 am

These are my power levels for the characters during this arc:

SSJ3 Goku - 36,000,000,000

Fat Buu - 18,000,000,000
Super Buu - 140,000,000,000
Super Buutenks - 300,000,000,000
Super Buuhan - 350,000,000,000
Kid Buu - 30,000,000,000

SSJ Gotenks - 20,000,000,000
SSJ3 Gotenks - 160,000,000,000

Gohan - 210,000,000,000

Basically I have SSJ Gotenks stronger than Fat Buu, then the SSJ multipliers would make Gotenks way above SSJ3 Goku, but just a bit above Super Buu. Then we have Gohan who is way above Super Buu. And the absorptions Buu add the power levels of the fighters he absorbs.

Now if only I was able to know Vegito's strenght...
Chickenchaser wrote:Gap between SSJ Goku, SSJ Gohan and Perfect Cell (Full Power)?
These are my power levels for the 3:

Perfect Cell (vs Goku) - 3,250,000,000
Perfect Cell (vs Gohan, with more speed) - 3,500,000,000
Perfect Cell (Full Power) - 5,000,000,000

SSJ Goku - 3,000,000,000

SSJ Gohan - 3,600,000,000

Basically, Gohan is much stronger than Goku, like 20% stronger. Attacks from Cell, that are implied to be too much for Goku, didn't damage Gohan at all, and his ki didn't drop. The reason why Gohan was losing against Cell is because he wasn't in the mood to fight. Then we have Full Power Perfect Cell, who is much stronger than that, but not enough to face SSJ2 Gohan.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:40 pm

Chickenchaser wrote:Gap between SSJ Goku, SSJ Gohan and Perfect Cell (Full Power)?
Gohan's not only stronger than Goku, but also above Cell's restrained power, though it's hard to tell since he hardly did anything to fight back before going SS2. Cell's full power is quite a bit stronger than either of them, though.

SS Goku: 2,800
Cell: 3,200
-- Full Power: 4,800
SS Gohan: 3,500
deviantART
[thread]

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:39 pm

My numbers look something like this:
Son Goku: 3,000
[At full power, Goku's strong enough to give a restrained Cell a decent, if kinda one-sided fight, but is hopelessly outclassed by Cell's full power.]

Son Gohan: 3,600~4,000
[Gohan's strength is kinda hard to judge, given his unwillingness to fight. Though, given how he thought Goku and Cell were holding back in their match, he's somewhat stronger than they were. His power rises a bit with anger.]

Perfect Cell: 3,200
-- Full Power: 4,800
[Despite restricting his power, Perfect Cell was able to hold a decent advantage over Goku for the duration of their match, but didn't look all that impressive to Gohan. His full power makes everybody else around look wimpy by comparison.]