Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:10 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:46 pm
ekrolo2 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:15 pm
Hugo Boss wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:20 am
Why would Super Perfect Cell be weaker than 50% SS2 Gohan though? Seems more like he is about even with Gohan.
Gohan says half his Ki was lost when Cell blasted his arm. Then later on Goku says Gohan is holding back even this amount of power because he's afraid he'll blow up the Earth. Not that he's holding back the half he lost, the half he's already using in the beam clash. When Gohan let's the 50 percent he's got left rip he eats Cell completely.
Gohan didn’t finish Cell off with only half of his full power though. That wouldn’t make sense, since Cell was finally able to hurt him, which shows their strength became similar. Before that point, Gohan was no selling his attacks.

In that final push, Gohan just managed to release all his strength, while Cell lost the balance needed to fight back.
That makes no sense with the Boo arc though. In that arc, SS1Goku and Vegeta can easily handle Dabra who's stronger than Cell used to be, SPCell. However, Goku and Vegeta are NOT stronger than SS2 Gohan from the Cell Games until they're SS2 themselves. Hell, Vegeta even says to SS2 Goku "Wow, you're even stronger than Gohan used to be!"

Cell has to be much, much weaker than Gohan even with his near death boost to make the scaling of SPC > Dabra > SS1 Goku & Vegeta from Boo arc > SS2 Gohan from CG > SS2 Goku and Majin Vegeta work.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:18 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:10 pm
ekrolo2 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:15 pm
Gohan says half his Ki was lost when Cell blasted his arm. Then later on Goku says Gohan is holding back even this amount of power because he's afraid he'll blow up the Earth. Not that he's holding back the half he lost, the half he's already using in the beam clash. When Gohan let's the 50 percent he's got left rip he eats Cell completely.
Gohan didn’t finish Cell off with only half of his full power though. That wouldn’t make sense, since Cell was finally able to hurt him, which shows their strength became similar. Before that point, Gohan was no selling his attacks.

In that final push, Gohan just managed to release all his strength, while Cell lost the balance needed to fight back.
That makes no sense with the Boo arc though. In that arc, SS1Goku and Vegeta can easily handle Dabra who's stronger than Cell used to be, SPCell. However, Goku and Vegeta are NOT stronger than SS2 Gohan from the Cell Games until they're SS2 themselves. Hell, Vegeta even says to SS2 Goku "Wow, you're even stronger than Gohan used to be!"

Cell has to be much, much weaker than Gohan even with his near death boost to make the scaling of SPC > Dabra > SS1 Goku & Vegeta from Boo arc > SS2 Gohan from CG > SS2 Goku and Majin Vegeta work.
You don’t need to fit Boo Arc or anything else in this. The scene in which Cell easily wrecks Gohan should tell you enough.

Anyway, there is nothing saying Dabra can’t take Super Saiyans, it’s actually implied he was holding back against Gohan. Trunks even needed SS2 and Kaioshin’s help to beat him.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:06 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:18 pm

You don’t need to fit Boo Arc or anything else in this. The scene in which Cell easily wrecks Gohan should tell you enough.

Anyway, there is nothing saying Dabra can’t take Super Saiyans, it’s actually implied he was holding back against Gohan. Trunks even needed SS2 and Kaioshin’s help to beat him.
Gohan was gonna beat Dabra even with his shitty SS1. It wa s just gonna take long which is what made Vegeta get pissy. Considering how far Gohan surpassed Trunks, him barely being able to scratch Gohan's strength from the Boo arc with SS2 isn't far fetched at all.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:38 am

ekrolo2 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:06 pm

Gohan was gonna beat Dabra even with his shitty SS1. It wa s just gonna take long which is what made Vegeta get pissy. Considering how far Gohan surpassed Trunks, him barely being able to scratch Gohan's strength from the Boo arc with SS2 isn't far fetched at all.
Dabra called Gohan trash after fighting him, so he was probably holding back in their fight. And Trunks mastered Z-Sword, so he was at the very least as strong as Gohan before the ultimate power-up.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:53 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:38 am

Dabra called Gohan trash after fighting him, so he was probably holding back in their fight. And Trunks mastered Z-Sword, so he was at the very least as strong as Gohan before the ultimate power-up.
He doesn't call Gohan trash after fighting him. Goku and Vegeta both know Gohan can beat Dabra, the problem is he's slacking off and taking too long thanks to being rusty. His victory, however, is no in-question.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:34 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:53 pm
He doesn't call Gohan trash after fighting him. Goku and Vegeta both know Gohan can beat Dabra, the problem is he's slacking off and taking too long thanks to being rusty. His victory, however, is no in-question.
He did.

Chapter: 459 (DBZ 265), P2.2-3
Badidi: “How about it, Dabra? Just to be sure, do you have confidence that you can defeat that Earthling [Gohan]?”
Dabra: “Naturally. I fought him a little bit before, after all. There’s no doubt that I can take care of trash like that.”

Of course, I’m talking about Boo Arc Gohan, not the Cell Games one, who could beat Dabra.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:49 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:34 pm
He did.

Badidi: “How about it, Dabra? Just to be sure, do you have confidence that you can defeat that Earthling [Gohan]?”
Dabra: “Naturally. I fought him a little bit before, after all. There’s no doubt that I can take care of trash like that.”

Of course, I’m talking about Boo Arc Gohan, not the Cell Games one, who could beat Dabra.
Meh, a shit-talking antagonist. I'll trust what Goku and even Vegeta say/imply about his power over Dabra. Dabra's whole goal was to beat on Gohan to attain power from him for Majin Vegeta, if he could just smash Gohan with no problems then why didn't he do it?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:55 am

ekrolo2 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:49 am
He did.

Meh, a shit-talking antagonist. I'll trust what Goku and even Vegeta say/imply about his power over Dabra. Dabra's whole goal was to beat on Gohan to attain power from him for Majin Vegeta, if he could just smash Gohan with no problems then why didn't he do it?
That’s not what Goku and Vegeta imply. They knew Gohan was on the losing side, which could be totally different if Gohan had the same level of when he fought Cell. Dabra had a slight edge over SS Gohan and for whatever reason didn’t think Gohan was impressive after fighting him.

Chapter: 455 (DBZ 261), P10.5-6
Context: as Gohan fights Dabra
Vegeta: “Damn it…this is pissing me off! Alright, I’ll finish this!”
Goku: “Don’t, Vegeta! Let [Gohan] do it. It ain’t like he’s completely losing.”

When he fought Trunks, he was easily taking care of SS and was overpowered by SS2.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:22 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:55 am
He did.

That’s not what Goku and Vegeta imply. They knew Gohan was on the losing side, which could be totally different if Gohan had the same level of when he fought Cell. Dabra had a slight edge over SS Gohan and for whatever reason didn’t think Gohan was impressive after fighting him.

When he fought Trunks, he was easily taking care of SS and was overpowered by SS2.
Yeah, Gohan's so unimpressive Dabra can't easily manhandle him to get ki out, turning the fight into a boring slog for everyone involved. That makes a lot of sense.

As for Toyo, the guy is an anime fanboy first and foremost, going so far as to wrongly compare Toriyama's manga to movies of all things. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't remember or care what the manga did with Dabra's power.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:34 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:22 pm
Hugo Boss wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:55 am

Yeah, Gohan's so unimpressive Dabra can't easily manhandle him to get ki out, turning the fight into a boring slog for everyone involved. That makes a lot of sense.

As for Toyo, the guy is an anime fanboy first and foremost, going so far as to wrongly compare Toriyama's manga to movies of all things. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't remember or care what the manga did with Dabra's power.
I personally have no problem with that. Dabra knew he shouldn’t kill them before sending energy to Majin Boo and there were another two Saiyans to fight after Gohan. So, he should worry about not killing them and saving energy to fight Goku and Vegeta. While he was fighting just a Super Saiyan, he had total control of the scenario. It just happened that he figured Vegeta had an evil heart and thought he wasn’t necessary anymore to deal with them. Toyotaro didn’t got that wrong. Dabra’s strength is anywhere between SS and SS2.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:59 am

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:21 pm
p-hyvo wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:17 pm About uub :
I rewatched s17 vs everyone and that's a synopsis :

- vegeta throws to 17 a punch in the face, does nothing and gets thrown away

- uub attacks him with a punch barrage, does nothing. 17 doesn't even no her to watch him and cleans his shoe

- trunks and goten attacks him, still does nothing

- gohan charges a Kamehameha, does nothing. Everyone is shocked, that implies that base gohan's Kamehameha is stronger than every gt fighter (uub, base Goten, trunks and vegeta)

- 17 attacks everyone

- everyone gets up , gohan says he wasn't that angry from a lot of time and goes and, possibly ssj2 basing on that. Goten , trunks and vegeta heavens and uub powers up

- anyone gets to mop the floor again

- while uub is left unable even to stand up, base trunks stands and goes for another useless attack , that implies that ssj trunks has a better endurance than uub, so ssj trunks>uub

It all happens like this

How could he be stronger than the guy that saved his ass without breaking a sweat two episodes ago? how could he be stronger than Vegeta that went to last much more than Gohan in the following minutes.
Simile, uub saver BASE gohan. Gohan was in base against rildo and his overconfidence is what gave him problems.
And again, base vegeta > base gohan, obviously, I'm saying only that gohan's Kamehameha<=base vegeta>base gohan, and I don't see any problem with that. Everyone was like shocked, while vegeta not that much I personally think.
Nothing implies that gohan would have been weaKer than uub and base vegeta even as a ssj or ssj2
like :
Gohan 1
Kamehameha 1,8
Vegeta 2
So the difference isn't that much fundamentally
You are saying untrained saiyans are stronger than Uub who trained with Goku for half a decade because they recovered a little faster than him. But I guess you won't budge about this.
1) gohan wasn't untrained at all, in gt perfect files is said that he never stopped training between z and gt

2) trunks'es and goten's power is one of the much things that doesn't make any sense in gt from that standpoint, bit you know what? Is a fighting show. Everyone is as strong as he needs to be relevant for the plot in that moment.
So ok, the are untrained and I give you that, but they are that strong.
If you really want an explanation, I could say like... zenkai after baby saga? It is possible, but still they are that strong, and if it is sensed or not is not my business since I didn't write Dragon ball.
Plus, in the black star Dragon ball arc, trunks is asked if he's the strongest and he says no, then goes on to say that Goku, gohan, piccolo and his father are stronger than him. He doesn't mention buu at all, so we know that BoGT trunks is apparently stronger than good buu alone for a good reason. Is that sensed? Maybe not, but again, the writers wrote that. The think is backed up in dbz too, last episode : after goku's departure, the narrator goes on and tells what happened at the tournament. Goten is shown fighting with pan, this implies that Goten won the previous match and casually, goten's first round was against buu, so base Goten and trunks > good buu isn't a gt thing but a z one and gt perfect files implies that trunks trained at least a bit in between z and gt, he didn't do it that much because of his work , but still he did. E en in the last dbz epidode, Goten and trunks both promised to Goku that they won't neglect their training.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:04 pm

First of all, so yeah, you were right about the thread lol
p-hyvo wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:59 am Simile, uub saver BASE gohan. Gohan was in base against rildo and his overconfidence is what gave him problems.
And again, base vegeta > base gohan, obviously, I'm saying only that gohan's Kamehameha<=base vegeta>base gohan, and I don't see any problem with that. Everyone was like shocked, while vegeta not that much I personally think.
Nothing implies that gohan would have been weaKer than uub and base vegeta even as a ssj or ssj2
like :
Gohan 1
Kamehameha 1,8
Vegeta 2
So the difference isn't that much fundamentally
I answered this in the other thread, so I'll copy and paste it here: I strongly disagree, that implies that Gohan's kamehameha is stronger than punches on their own, which isn't a revelation. A super attack is always stronger than melee attacks. And both were nothing against Super 17.
Uub casually destroying Base Rildo who was about to kill Gohan is something that implies his regular ki blast is too much for the guy Gohan was going to die against. You can believe whatever you want, even that crazy fantheory that Gohan stacks SS ontop of Ultimate(lol) but you should know that is your headcanon and not supported by the show at all.
I won't go back on this topic again, super attacks >> melee attacks.
p-hyvo wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:59 am
1) gohan wasn't untrained at all, in gt perfect files is said that he never stopped training between z and gt

2) trunks'es and goten's power is one of the much things that doesn't make any sense in gt from that standpoint, bit you know what? Is a fighting show. Everyone is as strong as he needs to be relevant for the plot in that moment.
So ok, the are untrained and I give you that, but they are that strong.
If you really want an explanation, I could say like... zenkai after baby saga? It is possible, but still they are that strong, and if it is sensed or not is not my business since I didn't write Dragon ball.
Plus, in the black star Dragon ball arc, trunks is asked if he's the strongest and he says no, then goes on to say that Goku, gohan, piccolo and his father are stronger than him. He doesn't mention buu at all, so we know that BoGT trunks is apparently stronger than good buu alone for a good reason. Is that sensed? Maybe not, but again, the writers wrote that. The think is backed up in dbz too, last episode : after goku's departure, the narrator goes on and tells what happened at the tournament. Goten is shown fighting with pan, this implies that Goten won the previous match and casually, goten's first round was against buu, so base Goten and trunks > good buu isn't a gt thing but a z one and gt perfect files implies that trunks trained at least a bit in between z and gt, he didn't do it that much because of his work , but still he did. E en in the last dbz epidode, Goten and trunks both promised to Goku that they won't neglect their training.
1) That's one of the contradictions of PF. The show supports the writer's statement and contradicts PF's. He did come back as more than Professor Gohan from Baby arc, but as the fight showed, he was the only one who couldn't stand up again, Vegeta, Trunks, Goten and Uub outlasted him.
For instance, in Gohan’s case, there was apparently so much as an “Ultimate Gohan” concept in Dragon Ball Z, where he was a super-warrior with might surpassing Goku, but in GT, he’s a scholar who’s given up fighting almost entirely. But for someone who had given up fighting like that to return to the front lines, I thought that naturally there needed to be quite a bit of drama involved.

source: https://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations ... -story-qa/

2) I agree GT is all over the place, but there is nothing there to explain, Goten and Trunks were irrelevant in the show, in the fights and against Super 17. If you will, Uub and them are seen as equally fodder by S-17, they are closer to each other than to Super 17. They were used to buy time.

In the previous arc Majuub's power dwarfed them all, even surpassing SS3 Goku, and nothing points that Goten decided to pick up his training or that Trunks quit Capsule Corp to do that too, on the contraire, Trunks is coming home from work by car, and Goten IIRC goes on dates with Pares after the Baby arc, and didn't she get mad at him for leaving to fight the Hell fighters?. If you want to believe they are stronger because it's a fighting show, be my guest. I, personally need facts or statements to back that up, but that's me.

I don't remember Trunks being asked and answering that, but later on he says Pan may be stronger than him, so how reliable is he? also, the manga didn't have Pan beating Goten, no fight after Goku-Uub was shown. That was just Toei filler.
Goten and Trunks promised that, yes, but they were sent to space BECAUSE they didn't keep that promise.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:34 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:04 pm

I don't remember Trunks being asked and answering that, but later on he says Pan may be stronger than him, so how reliable is he? also, the manga didn't have Pan beating Goten, no fight after Goku-Uub was shown. That was just Toei filler.
Goten and Trunks promised that, yes, but they were sent to space BECAUSE they didn't keep that promise.
Toei filler? Well, since we are talking about gt and gt follows the dbz anime and movies and not the manga, that thing is to take on A count. It is completely part of gt's canon, so yes, base Goten eoz>good buu

Also, trunks is asked that thing on the planet in which there was the earthquake-predicting monster/catfish by one of the inhabitants. I've got the screenshot of that, but I'm not able to post it here

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:41 pm

This always troubled me. I will send my power scaling messages at one point :lol:
But when did we get a confirmation that GT follows the Z movies too? Being honest here, we should have at least gotten a single movie villain in the S17 arc when everyone was released from hell.

I can see Heroes following some of the path of Z, Z movies and GT, but not GT itself.
P O W E R

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:41 pm This always troubled me. I will send my power scaling messages at one point :lol:
But when did we get a confirmation that GT follows the Z movies too? Being honest here, we should have at least gotten a single movie villain in the S17 arc when everyone was released from hell.

I can see Heroes following some of the path of Z, Z movies and GT, but not GT itself.
Lol, gt follows the movies too .
Cooler came out of the hell and Goku uses the Dragon fist, a movie only technique. More than this, I really don't know what to say. This should be a good proof of gt following movies

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:08 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:34 pm Toei filler? Well, since we are talking about gt and gt follows the dbz anime and movies and not the manga, that thing is to take on A count. It is completely part of gt's canon, so yes, base Goten eoz>good buu

Also, trunks is asked that thing on the planet in which there was the earthquake-predicting monster/catfish by one of the inhabitants. I've got the screenshot of that, but I'm not able to post it here
You cannot blame Trunks for not remembering of mentioning Boo among the people who are stronger than him, since honestly there were too many people to mention. And it wouldn’t make sense that he surpassed Boo, since back then when he was a kid he needed Fusion to fight Boo and by his own admission he got weaker after that fight.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:36 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:08 pm
p-hyvo wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:34 pm Toei filler? Well, since we are talking about gt and gt follows the dbz anime and movies and not the manga, that thing is to take on A count. It is completely part of gt's canon, so yes, base Goten eoz>good buu

You cannot blame Trunks for not remembering of mentioning Boo among the people who are stronger than him, since honestly there were too many people to mention. And it wouldn’t make sense that he surpassed Boo, since back then when he was a kid he needed Fusion to fight Boo and by his own admission he got weaker after that fight.
Not counting gt, there is still eoz Goten beating good buu to back that thing up. Goten and trunks always have similar power , so if Goten did,trunks could too.
And that "not remembering but" is a bit random as a reason, why did he remembered piccolo and not buu, then? He has a lot less to do with piccolo than with buu, by logic. He shouldn't remember piccolo as well by that logic.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:57 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:36 pm

Not counting gt, there is still eoz Goten beating good buu to back that thing up. Goten and trunks always have similar power , so if Goten did,trunks could too.
And that "not remembering but" is a bit random as a reason, why did he remembered piccolo and not buu, then? He has a lot less to do with piccolo than with buu, by logic. He shouldn't remember piccolo as well by that logic.
I don’t know how you got the idea that Goten seriously defeated Majin Boo in that tournament. Trunks was tutored by Piccolo in the preparation against Majin Boo, so it makes sense that he gets into mind. Perhaps Trunks doesn’t consider Boo as part of the main crew or rarely interacted with him.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:59 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:57 pm
I don’t know how you got the idea that Goten seriously defeated Majin Boo in that tournament. Trunks was tutored by Piccolo in the preparation against Majin Boo, so it makes sense that he gets into mind. Perhaps Trunks doesn’t consider Boo as part of the main crew or rarely interacted with him.
After Goku departed with uub, the narrator goes on talking about the tournament. We see Goten fighting with pan, and this implies that goten somehow defeated buu in the first round

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:08 am

p-hyvo wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:59 am
Hugo Boss wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:57 pm
After Goku departed with uub, the narrator goes on talking about the tournament. We see Goten fighting with pan, and this implies that goten somehow defeated buu in the first round
Even if this did happen (I don't know if it did) then truly, Buu is the worst person to match up against someone. Why? Because unlike all the other fighters, Buu can slack off before a tournament, he can be pursued to not participate by Mr. Satan or by giving candy to him etc.

And that would sound more logical as he is Buu. No way Goten feels strong enough to face Buu
P O W E R