Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:44 pm

Koitsukai wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:15 pm
I don't suscribe as hard as other people to the idea of Goten and Gohan being equals, I disagree that the only difference between them is Gohan having SS2. I believe Gohan never went all out against his 7-year-old brother, just like Goku used to do before that year in the ROSAT. For example I don't think SS Goten would've fought as well as SS Gohan vs Dabura (experience aside).

Vegeta and Trunks either. While sparring, Trunks could only graze Vegeta who sat him down on the floor with one hit and made him cry too. Trunks also says he has no chance against his father.

However, I do think they are incredibly strong for their age and they aren't far from their elders, I'd say if Gohan and Vegeta are in the 60-70M, Goten and Trunks might be around the 40-45 M
Always believed that the kids were Namek 1st form Freeza level

But that comes from SS Gotenks ≈ SS3 Goku and using the fusion formula.
P O W E R

Koitsukai
Advanced Regular

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:50 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:44 pm
Koitsukai wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:15 pm
I don't suscribe as hard as other people to the idea of Goten and Gohan being equals, I disagree that the only difference between them is Gohan having SS2. I believe Gohan never went all out against his 7-year-old brother, just like Goku used to do before that year in the ROSAT. For example I don't think SS Goten would've fought as well as SS Gohan vs Dabura (experience aside).

Vegeta and Trunks either. While sparring, Trunks could only graze Vegeta who sat him down on the floor with one hit and made him cry too. Trunks also says he has no chance against his father.

However, I do think they are incredibly strong for their age and they aren't far from their elders, I'd say if Gohan and Vegeta are in the 60-70M, Goten and Trunks might be around the 40-45 M
Always believed that the kids were Namek 1st form Freeza level

But that comes from SS Gotenks ≈ SS3 Goku and using the fusion formula.
I think that is a hell of a lowball, to be honest. 500,000 PL is too little for Buu arc characters, I think that would be too low even for some earthlings.

despayeeto593

Post by despayeeto593 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:44 pm

So, these are my updated power levels for Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z.

I was going to include Super as well, but that was before I realized how inconsistent the scaling is for that series, so I'm going to ignore it.

Multipliers
Dragon Ball
Saiyan and Freeza Sagas
Cell and Buu Sagas

Mireya

Post by Mireya » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:53 am

Very good levels for part 1. Small notes:

I think I'd keep old Piccolo at 220 since that's right in the middle between his old and young powa.

I'd be a little pressed not to have 23rd Budokai Tenshinhan as above Popo. I think the fact that Kami and Popo still trained them all for the Saiyans implies the Earthlings, Tenshinhan included, had still some ways to go. But yeah, I get that it's hard to keep Tenshinhan as >> 260 while << Popo, who is in turns << Kami, who shouldn't be even near the 400s threshold. There is simply not enough space, so I understand.

If going by the "earthlings were suppressed" rule, I'd apply that only to Tenshinhan. Kuririn told Bulma to measure his BP and he seemed satisfied with the result, not adding up anything like "and that's not even my Full Power". I think you can argue Tenshinhan was more in-tune with Ki and its specialties, also implied by him being the one who seemed to catch up on what Goku was doing against King Chappa (concealing all his Ki) the most.

ZombieVito
I Live Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:23 pm

I would like to add that Raditz was never said to be equal to the Saibaimen. Only that they rivaled him so 1,500 fits.

despayeeto593

Post by despayeeto593 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:05 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:23 pm
I would like to add that Raditz was never said to be equal to the Saibaimen. Only that they rivaled him so 1,500 fits.
I think that Raditz shouldn't be stronger than enraged Gohan or the Makankosappo, which is why I went with 1,200.

ZombieVito
I Live Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:19 pm

despayeeto593 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:05 pm
I think that Raditz shouldn't be stronger than enraged Gohan or the Makankosappo, which is why I went with 1,200.
Why?

Kuririn's Kienzan wasn't stronger than Freeza and it still cut his tail. Same would have happened to Nappa's head.

An attack doesn't have to be stronger than you to damage you if it gets you off guard.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:05 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:23 pm
That's a 20% gap which is huge, I don't see Nappa or Vegeta(can't remember who said the rival line) making such an evaluation, specially since they are so reliant on power levels.

I usually put Raditz at 1250 just to give him the nod over the Saibamen, but even at equal or slightly inferior power would be fine. Saibamen seem to simply be brute force, skill would prevail. I would give the win to Raditz without being damaged at all since he should have knowledge about them.

ZombieVito
I Live Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:37 am

LightBing wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:05 pm
That's a 20% gap which is huge, I don't see Nappa or Vegeta(can't remember who said the rival line) making such an evaluation, specially since they are so reliant on power levels.

I usually put Raditz at 1250 just to give him the nod over the Saibamen, but even at equal or slightly inferior power would be fine. Saibamen seem to simply be brute force, skill would prevail. I would give the win to Raditz without being damaged at all since he should have knowledge about them.
Freeza and SS Goku had the same gap and the former kept up until he ran out of stamina.

Gaps aren't everything.