Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13006
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:41 pm

Vertical wrote: Isn't this the same sized gap that was implied between Goku and the Ginyu Force he faced upon initially arriving on Namek (1.5x'ish)? Seems like plenty to describe Buu vs Buu.
Problem is Pure Evil Boo easily stomps Mr. Boo. Mr. Boo puts up a better fight than SSJ2 Vegeta, and Vegeta says Pure Evil Boo can be handled. That doesn't leave much room for a gap.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Vertical
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:58 pm
Contact:

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by Vertical » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:49 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Problem is Pure Evil Boo easily stomps Mr. Boo. Mr. Boo puts up a better fight than SSJ2 Vegeta, and Vegeta says Pure Evil Boo can be handled. That doesn't leave much room for a gap.
It's not really a problem. If you believe Mr Buu splitting again spits his current power (just using Kaboom's numbers again):
Fat Buu: 10
Pure Evil Buu: 6
Mr Buu: 4
SSJ2 Vegeta: 3?
New Pure Evil Buu: 2.4 (same ratio as before, 60%)
New Mr Buu: 1.6 (40%)

SSJ2 Vegeta > New Pure Evil Buu

If you believe Mr Buu splitting again somehow would release a Pure Evil Buu equal to the previous one, then there's always SSJ3 Goku, or Gohan. >_>

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13006
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:04 pm

Vertical wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Problem is Pure Evil Boo easily stomps Mr. Boo. Mr. Boo puts up a better fight than SSJ2 Vegeta, and Vegeta says Pure Evil Boo can be handled. That doesn't leave much room for a gap.
It's not really a problem. If you believe Mr Buu splitting again spits his current power (just using Kaboom's numbers again):
Fat Buu: 10
Pure Evil Buu: 6
Mr Buu: 4
SSJ2 Vegeta: 3?
New Pure Evil Buu: 2.4 (same ratio as before, 60%)
New Mr Buu: 1.6 (40%)

SSJ2 Vegeta > New Pure Evil Buu

If you believe Mr Buu splitting again somehow would release a Pure Evil Buu equal to the previous one, then there's always SSJ3 Goku, or Gohan. >_>
Mr. Boo and Pure Evil Boo are too close IMO. Mr. Boo actually puts up some fight against Kid Boo which puts him significantly above Vegeta. Mr. Boo couldn't do anything to Pure Evil Boo. He just gets smacked around until he gets turned into chocolate.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Vertical
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:58 pm
Contact:

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by Vertical » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:13 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Mr. Boo and Pure Evil Boo are too close IMO. Mr. Boo actually puts up some fight against Kid Boo which puts him significantly above Vegeta. Mr. Boo couldn't do anything to Pure Evil Boo. He just gets smacked around until he gets turned into chocolate.
If you make the gap between the two bigger than the already decent 1.5x, wouldn't that push Mr Buu even further away from Kid Buu? Unless you're implying that Kid Buu should go between Mr Buu and Pure Evil Buu...

User avatar
DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12401
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm
Location: Greece

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:06 pm

Let's start with the movies now!

Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Last edited by DBZGTKOSDH on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

User avatar
TheMightyOzaru
Banned
Posts: 6255
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm
Location: Capsule Corp

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:24 pm

Vertical wrote:I do not regular these forums but I took a glance over your list and this really stood out to me:
Cyborg #16: 500,000,000
Semi-Perfect Cell(Suppressed): 680,000,000
Is it really appropriate for one of, if not the most impressive physical tanking in the series to be described with such a small gap? Just for comparison, you have the gaps between Evil Buu, Gohan, and Buutenks all larger but the battles seemed a lot closer than one being able to simply take punches to the face from the other.
Meh, Where would you prefer I put him? Cell's superior power AND his bulk are what allowed him to tank that so well.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

User avatar
MDSTSSJ
Regular
Posts: 655
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:19 am

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by MDSTSSJ » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:49 pm

Tullece is way too low! Amondo never is on par with Tullece.

Tullece is above 30000!!

User avatar
TheMightyOzaru
Banned
Posts: 6255
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm
Location: Capsule Corp

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:56 pm

Yeah, Amond should be a lot weaker than Tullece and Tullece should be 30,000+. He was able to keep up with a Goku who was 30,000 and rising.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

User avatar
ZombieVito
I Live Here
Posts: 4234
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:59 pm

Tarles should be way over 30,000. He was confident in killing Ozaru Gohan.

User avatar
TheMightyOzaru
Banned
Posts: 6255
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm
Location: Capsule Corp

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:03 am

Zombie wrote:Tarles should be way over 30,000. He was confident in killing Ozaru Gohan.
Well, Kill Driver might have a large multiplier.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13006
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:06 am

Vertical wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Mr. Boo and Pure Evil Boo are too close IMO. Mr. Boo actually puts up some fight against Kid Boo which puts him significantly above Vegeta. Mr. Boo couldn't do anything to Pure Evil Boo. He just gets smacked around until he gets turned into chocolate.
If you make the gap between the two bigger than the already decent 1.5x, wouldn't that push Mr Buu even further away from Kid Buu? Unless you're implying that Kid Buu should go between Mr Buu and Pure Evil Buu...
Well if we go by a 1.5 gap then I can maybe make it work.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8793
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:57 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:59 am

I think Super Garlic Jr. being 1200 is overkill. He was thrashed by Piccolo and Goku's team up; if he had been this much stronger than them, the team up wouldn't have mattered. It'd end up like them trying to team up against Raditz, or Krillin and Gohan teaming up on Recoome. 500 seems more appropriate for him.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

User avatar
DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12401
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm
Location: Greece

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:29 am

MDSTSSJ wrote:Amondo never is on par with Tullece.
I didn't notice I made them equals. But give me a break, I made these numbers at 3:00 am!
TheMightyOzaru wrote:
Zombie wrote:Tarles should be way over 30,000. He was confident in killing Ozaru Gohan.
Well, Kill Driver might have a large multiplier.
This. Tullece couldn't fight Goku without a fruit, so the attack that was supposed to kill Gohan was a very powerful one.
RandomGuy96 wrote:I think Super Garlic Jr. being 1200 is overkill. He was thrashed by Piccolo and Goku's team up; if he had been this much stronger than them, the team up wouldn't have mattered. It'd end up like them trying to team up against Raditz, or Krillin and Gohan teaming up on Recoome. 500 seems more appropriate for him.
I'll fix that too, though 500 seems a little low. I think 700 is good enough.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

User avatar
RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8793
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:57 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:51 am

I'll fix that too, though 500 seems a little low. I think 700 is good enough.
Still seems faaaaaaaaar too high. In that case, teamwork wouldn't have mattered at all. Remember when Ginyu said that someone with a x1.5 advantage on his men could demolish all four of them with ease at the same time? Or when Piccolo and Kami said it wouldn't matter if Tenshinhan, Krillin, Yamcha, and Chiaotzu all attacked Piccolo at once?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

User avatar
TheMightyOzaru
Banned
Posts: 6255
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm
Location: Capsule Corp

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:20 am

I have Garlic at 480 myself.
Last edited by TheMightyOzaru on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

User avatar
Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:35 am
Location: Australia

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by Son Edo » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:09 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
I'll fix that too, though 500 seems a little low. I think 700 is good enough.
Still seems faaaaaaaaar too high. In that case, teamwork wouldn't have mattered at all. Remember when Ginyu said that someone with a x1.5 advantage on his men could demolish all four of them with ease at the same time? Or when Piccolo and Kami said it wouldn't matter if Tenshinhan, Krillin, Yamcha, and Chiaotzu all attacked Piccolo at once?
You changed your mind. In your opinion the 416 and 408 was their suppressed power.

User avatar
Kaboom
Moderator
Posts: 14135
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: Funky Town
Contact:

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by Kaboom » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:57 pm

Anything between 500 and 1000 is fine for bulked-up Garlic Jr, if you ask me. Maybe closer to 500 than 1000 would be best, but there's no real need to be strict about it. Goku and Piccolo's teamwork couldn't do much against Raditz, but Raditz would be a pretty big chunk stronger than that up at 1500.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
3DS FC: 1504 - 5800 - 6358


We Gotta Power >>>>> Cha-La Head Cha-La. Fight me.

A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

User avatar
DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12401
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm
Location: Greece

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:27 pm

Super Garlic Jr. at 500 works for me, since Goku & Piccolo used combined attacks to overpower him. Alone, they couldn't do shit.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

User avatar
ZombieVito
I Live Here
Posts: 4234
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:52 pm

Have you fixed the Cell arc? Curious where you put 50% MSSJ Goku and Piccolo.

Also:
Son Gohan - 10.000
Oozaru - 170.000
This can't be hehe.

Shouldn't Gohan be stronger than the twins?
Last edited by ZombieVito on Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12401
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm
Location: Greece

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:53 pm

Zombie wrote:Have you fixed the Cell arc? Curious where you put 50% MSSJ Goku and Piccolo.
Yep, I fixed it.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Post Reply