Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by Kaboom » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:15 pm

Might have been just that premiere issue of V-Jump. They weren't reprinted in the Daizenshuu, but I don't know about any other books.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:49 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Question: were the following numbers...

Krillin- 75,000
Gohan- 200,000
Vegeta- 250,000

...ever printed in the Daizenshuu? Or are they magazine exclusive?
Kinda. 75,000 was in a V-Jump, and 250,000 was in the Daizenshuu. 200,000 is just my BP for Gohan.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:38 pm

I personally have Goku at 10 million in base at the End of Z/ Beginning of BOG with Vegeta at 9.7-9.8 million.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:43 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:I personally have Goku at 10 million in base at the End of Z/ Beginning of BOG with Vegeta at 9.7-9.8 million.
How do you manage the statements during the latter half of the Android Arc? I tried making a minimalist myself, and could fit in most things, but that section pretty much ruined it.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:53 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:I personally have Goku at 10 million in base at the End of Z/ Beginning of BOG with Vegeta at 9.7-9.8 million.
How do you manage the statements during the latter half of the Android Arc? I tried making a minimalist myself, and could fit in most things, but that section pretty much ruined it.
Well seeing how Goku was 3 million base on Namek, I took into account his year on Yardrat, 3 years of training with Piccolo and Gohan for the Androids, a possible Zenkai from surviving the heart virus, his year in the Time Chamber, and his few days of training with Gohan right before the Cell games. Then theres his 7 years in otherworld and whatever he gained there. I personally consider the Otherworld Tournament saga canon due to Grand Kai being suggested to be in the anime by Toriyama himself (someone please confirm that).

Plus seeing as Bills says Goku still cant beat Freeza without Super Saiyan, putting Goku near 100 million in base or something seems abit far fetched. I think a 7 million or so advancement would be reasonable enough.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:02 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Well seeing how Goku was 3 million base on Namek, I took into account his year on Yardrat, 3 years of training with Piccolo and Gohan for the Androids, a possible Zenkai from surviving the heart virus, his year in the Time Chamber, and his few days of training with Gohan right before the Cell games. Then theres his 7 years in otherworld and whatever he gained there. I personally consider the Otherworld Tournament saga canon due to Grand Kai being suggested to be in the anime by Toriyama himself (someone please confirm that).

Plus seeing as Bills says Goku still cant beat Freeza without Super Saiyan, putting Goku near 100 million in base or something seems abit far fetched. I think a 7 million or so advancement would be reasonable enough.
The year in the ROSAT is the hard part though. Goku goes from being weaker than Vegeta in SSJ, to being much, much stronger than Vegeta's Grade 2 while only at half power in SSJ.

I'm happy with anywhere from 30-50 million for him and Vegeta in base by EOZ myself.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:08 pm

I guess you could say Goku's training in the Chamber got a jumpstart after Gohan achieved Super Saiyan. When we say Gohan power up before Cell we see Vegeta is quite taken back by his power so SSJ1 Cell Saga Gohan may be even more powerful than SSJ1 Cell Saga Vegeta as well. Goku even says "think of how far youll be able to push me and make me stronger when you become a Super Saiyan".

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:38 pm

That... really doesn't work.
I'm happy with anywhere from 30-50 million for him and Vegeta in base by EOZ myself.
I think the lowest I'd ever go for Buu Saga base Goku is 54,000,000.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:45 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
That... really doesn't work.
I think the lowest I'd ever go for Buu Saga base Goku is 54,000,000.
I'm not really one for power levels to be honest. I think they just make things confusing for the most part, maybe cause I suck at math but meh :yawn: thought id throw my two cents in.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:32 pm

Good luck trying o figure out how that would work. The lowest I could get Goku by the Buu arc was 50,000,000.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:39 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
I'm not really one for power levels to be honest. I think they just make things confusing for the most part, maybe cause I suck at math but meh :yawn: thought id throw my two cents in.
It's not even possible to make every statement work.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:03 am

Here's my take on messing with the SSJ3 multiplier for fused characters.

Battle Power Guide

Dragon Ball Power Levels
Dragon Ball Z Power Levels
Power Increases

Oozaru: 10x base
Kaioken: This technique increases the users power level based on the number of times it is stacked. Standard Kaioken will raise the users power level by 1.5x.
FSSJ: 25x base
SSJ: 50x base. This form's multiplier becomes very flexible after mastering SSJ.
SSJG2: 1.5x SSJ
SSJG3: 2x SSJ, this form is incredibly slow so it is impractical in battle.
RESSJ: 10x base, this form is achieved after training yourself to maintain the SSJ form as if it were your base form.
LSSJ: 2x SSJ. This forms Ki constantly grows. This however can be a hinderence to the body. If the users body cannot handle the overflow of Ki, he must expel it from his body.
FPSSJ: 5x RESSJ
SSJ2: 2x SSJ or FPSSJ/100x base
SSJ3: 4x SSJ2/400x base. 2x SSJ2 for kids.
SSJ God: 50,000x base
Fusion Dance: Both power levels must be equal. A + B x 5. If the fusees are rivals the result is like multiplying the 2 power levels together.
Potara Earring fusion: A x 100. Divide the multiplier by the difference in power levels. If the fusees are rivals, it's like multiplying the 2 power levels together.
Zenkai: Zenkai's are special power ups Saiyan's receive after healing from near death injuries. In the Early parts of the series, Zenkai's shot up a persons power by a random number. These increases, however, became infinitesimally small or just straight up disappeared after the Saiyans learned how to turn into Super Saiyans. Broly, for some reason, seems to be the only exception to this.
Last edited by TheMightyOzaru on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:28 pm

While I don't like fan-made battle powers that much, I decided to make a small list about the Saiyans in Boo arc. Why? Because they are the only complicated power differences in the series, so I want to have a memo for debates like how much stronger Gotenks is than Goku, etc. I'll probably not change anything (except if there is a mathematical error I made), and most likely not make any other BP list. Also, I have Boo arc Gohan = Cell Games Gohan in terms of raw power, but Boo arc Gohan has very rusty skills & it's much harder for him to get more angry.

So, here we go!

Multipliers:
  • Super Saiyan - base x50
    Super Saiyan 2 - SS x2
    Super Saiyan 3 - SS2 x4
    Fusion - Strongest of the two x160 (when done successfully)
    Potara - Strongest of the two x90.000 (when the 2 fighters are similar in power, size, age, and race)
Majin Boo Arc

Son Goku - 80.000.000
  • Super Saiyan - 4.000.000.000
    Super Saiyan 2 - 8.000.000.000
    Super Saiyan 3 - 32.000.000.000
Son Gohan - 60.000.000
  • Super Saiyan - 3.000.000.000
    Super Saiyan 2 - 6.000.000.000
    Super Saiyan 2 (Enraged) - 7.500.000.000
    Ultimate - 4.500.000.000.000
Son Goten - 44.000.000
  • Super Saiyan - 2.200.000.000
Son Goten (post-RoSaT) - 52.000.000
  • Super Saiyan - 2.600.000.000
Vegeta - 65.000.000
  • Super Saiyan - 3.250.000.000
    Super Saiyan 2 - 6.500.000.000
Vegeta (post-Majin) - 80.000.000
  • Super Saiyan - 4.000.000.000
    Super Saiyan 2 - 8.000.000.000
Trunks - 45.000.000
  • Super Saiyan - 2.250.000.000.
Trunks (post-RoSaT) - 52.000.000
  • Super Saiyan - 2.600.000.000
Gotenks - 7.200.000.000
  • Super Saiyan - 360.000.000.000
Gotenks (post-RoSaT) - 8.320.000.000
  • Super Saiyan - 416.000.000.000
    Super Saiyan 3 - 3.328.000.000.000
Vegetto - 7.200.000.000.000
  • Super Saiyan - 360.000.000.000.000
Gogeta
  • Super Saiyan - 640.000.000.000
    Super Saiyan 3 - 5.120.000.000.000
Last edited by DBZGTKOSDH on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:47 pm

I can already tell you that Goku cannot be lower than 30,000,000 and make sense.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:30 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:I can already tell you that Goku cannot be lower than 30,000,000 and make sense.
Well, the numbers are mostly for comparison rather than accuracy... but why is that?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:22 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:I can already tell you that Goku cannot be lower than 30,000,000 and make sense.
Well, the numbers are mostly for comparison rather than accuracy... but why is that?
Trust me, I've tried. I couldn't get Goku any lower than 50 mill by the time the Buu arc rolled around.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:47 pm

After doing some calculations, you are right! Wait for the fix now...

And... fixed! I also made the Potara multiplier much bigger, because I forgot to make base Vegetto stronger than U. Gohan & Gotenks Boo, but weaker than Gohan Boo.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:30 pm

Here's my bloated list:
Last edited by TheMightyOzaru on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:31 am

OK, so I found out that making up battle powers is actually fun... So, I decided to make some for BoG, 28th TB, and GT. I only did the Saiyans, Oob, Beers, and Whis, but I'll do villains later, and I'll also do Cell arc, along with the movies. I'll also probably do Dragon Ball, and the missing BPs from Saiyan & Freeza arc. Eventually, I will combine them all in one big post. I also added SS & SS3 Gogeta from M12 & DBH in the Boo arc list. Also, when a fighter is missing from an arc/movie, it means that his power didn't change from the previous one (for example, Boo arc Gohan is as strong as BoG Gohan).

Multipliers:
  • Oozaru - base x10
    Super Saiyan - base x50
    Super Saiyan 2 - SS x2
    Super Saiyan 3 - SS2 x4
    Golden Oozaru - Oozaru x4.000
    Super Saiyan 4 - Golden Oozaru x80
    Fusion - Strongest of the two x160 (when done successfully)
Battle of Gods

Son Goku - 85.000.000
  • Super Saiyan - 4.250.000.000
    Super Saiyan 2 - 8.500.000.000
    Super Saiyan 3 - 34.000.000.000
    Super Saiyan God - 60.000.000.000.000.000
    • Base - 29.000.000.000.000.000
      Super Saiyan - 58.000.000.000.000.000
Vegeta - 85.000.000
    • Super Saiyan 2 (Enraged)- 40.000.000.000
Beers - 92.000.000.000.000.000

Whis - 1.000.000.000.000.000.000

28th Tenkaichi Budokai arc

Son Goku - 90.000.000
  • Super Saiyan - 4.500.000.000
    Super Saiyan 2 - 9.000.000.000
    Super Saiyan 3 - 36.000.000.000
Vegeta - 90.000.000
  • Super Saiyan - 4.500.000.000
    Super Saiyan 2 - 9.000.000.000
Pan - 10.000

Oob - 10
  • Enraged - 1.000.000.000 and rising
    Full Power - 36.500.000.000
Dragon Ball GT

Son Goku - 100.000.000
  • Oozaru - 1.000.000.000
    Super Saiyan - 5.000.000.000
    Super Saiyan 2 - 10.000.000.000
    Super Saiyan 3 - 40.000.000.000
    Golden Oozaru - 4.000.000.000.000
    Super Saiyan 4 - 320.000.000.000.000
    • Ultra-Full-Power-Saiyan 4 - 2.000.000.000.000.000
Vegeta - 96.000.000
  • Oozaru - 960.000.000
    Super Saiyan - 4.800.000.000
    Super Saiyan 2 - 9.600.000.000
    Golden Oozaru - 3.840.000.000.000
    Super Saiyan 4 - 307.200.000.000.000
Gogeta
  • Super Saiyan 4 - 51.200.000.000.000.000
Son Gohan - 85.000.000
Son Goten - 75.000.000
  • Super Saiyan - 3.750.000.000
Trunks - 75.000.000
  • Super Saiyan - 3.750.000.000
Pan - 50.000.000

Oob - 40.000.000.000
  • Super - 2.000.000.000.000

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:37 pm

OK, I did the Son Goku - Freeza arcs, and completed the Boo arc. If I made any mistakes, feel free to correct me. (BTW, the Nappa, Cyborg Taopaipai, and Kame-sennin (Daimao arc) BPs are changed because I disagree with them.)