Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by LightBing » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:28 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:31 pm How much stronger than SS3 Goku were Super Buu, Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan?

Not even with SS2 Vegeta Z-assisting him he thought he had a shot against Super Buu, so like twice as strong? more? or barely stronger and with Buu's insane abilities, you need to be much stronger to compete?

What comparison could you make, using other arcs' characters with that type of gap between them?
My logic with Super Boo is that he's Pure Boo + Mr.Boo since absorption is addition.

Pure Boo should be comparable to SSJ3 Goku since the later thought he had a chance.

Mr.Boo should be 30% to 40% of Majin Boo's power, since it's mentioned that Evil Boo took most of the power.

To determine Majin Boo's power, Toriyama gave us the comparison with Gohan. The energy stolen from the later was almost half to awaken Majin Boo.

With this logic roughly and rounded numbers:
Super Boo - 9
Pure Boo - 6
SSJ 3 Goku - 6
Mr.Boo - 3

Hope this made sense, my brain is fried today.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:09 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:31 pm How much stronger than SS3 Goku were Super Buu, Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan?

Not even with SS2 Vegeta Z-assisting him he thought he had a shot against Super Buu, so like twice as strong? more? or barely stronger and with Buu's insane abilities, you need to be much stronger to compete?

What comparison could you make, using other arcs' characters with that type of gap between them?
I currently have it like this:

Ultimate Gohan: 60,000
SS3 Gotenks: 52,000
Buff Boo: 50,000
Super Boo: 45,000
SS3 Goku|Pure Boo: 30,000
Good Boo: 25,000

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:25 am

I'm a bit mixed when it comes to that section of the Boo arc. Assuming Gotenks isn't massively overrated and was at least a match for Fat Boo as a Super Saiyan, he would have to be around 4 or 5 times stronger than Goku while a SS3 (as would base form Super Boo). Gohan's probably has a good 40~50% lead on them, which would translate to roughly a 6-fold/7-fold lead on Goku. That said, the idea that Gotenks was really just unfulfilled hype until he got SS3 is looking more and more attractive to me as time goes on, so maybe if Goku's a 10, Gotenks and Super Boo would be about a 15, and Gohan a 20.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:43 pm

LightBing wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:28 pm

My logic with Super Boo is that he's Pure Boo + Mr.Boo since absorption is addition.

Pure Boo should be comparable to SSJ3 Goku since the later thought he had a chance.

Mr.Boo should be 30% to 40% of Majin Boo's power, since it's mentioned that Evil Boo took most of the power.

To determine Majin Boo's power, Toriyama gave us the comparison with Gohan. The energy stolen from the later was almost half to awaken Majin Boo.

With this logic roughly and rounded numbers:
Super Boo - 9
Pure Boo - 6
SSJ 3 Goku - 6
Mr.Boo - 3

Hope this made sense, my brain is fried today.
Sounds about right, imo, with SS3 Gotenks being a 9 as well and U. Gohan being a 10.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:24 am

Goku is pretty far below these guys. Gotenks is above Goku in most, if not all of his forms. He's like Raditz next to Nappa and Vegeta.

Fat Boo: 500
SSJ3 Goku: 600
Super Boo: 5,000
SSJ3 Gotenks: 6,250
Ultimate Gohan: 7,500
DanielSSJ wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:25 am I'm a bit mixed when it comes to that section of the Boo arc. Assuming Gotenks isn't massively overrated and was at least a match for Fat Boo as a Super Saiyan, he would have to be around 4 or 5 times stronger than Goku while a SS3 (as would base form Super Boo). Gohan's probably has a good 40~50% lead on them, which would translate to roughly a 6-fold/7-fold lead on Goku. That said, the idea that Gotenks was really just unfulfilled hype until he got SS3 is looking more and more attractive to me as time goes on, so maybe if Goku's a 10, Gotenks and Super Boo would be about a 15, and Gohan a 20.
I think at the very least Gotenks should live up to the hype Post Rosat. When Piccolo blows up the Rosat door he says it's because "Not even Gotenks" could handle Boo. Goku is also pretty taken aback to see SSJ3 Gotenks and admittedly didn't expect the boys to go this far, so it was never part of his plan for the boys to get SSJ3 to beat Boo.

But even Pre Rosat I think AT giving Boo a new form right before his fight with Gotenks was due instead of making Gotenks lose or got to the Rosat earlier is pretty suspicious. The anime does have a scene with Piccolo telling Dende Gotenks isn't ready yet, though...
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:05 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:31 pmHow much stronger than SS3 Goku were Super Buu, Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan?
Even with my new "super-strong base and smaller SS multipliers" system for Fusion that I outlined a few pages ago, my final placement for Gotenks' full power didn't change much, so...
  • SS3 Goku: 36B
  • Evil Boo: 90B
  • SS3 Gotenks: 110B (Base: 12B / SS1: 36B)
  • Ultimate Gohan: 150B
So they ultimately range about 3x to 5x stronger than Goku overall. Enough of a lead that he wouldn't stand a chance 1v1 against any of them at the time, but not so far ahead that he couldn't eventually catch up.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:52 pm

What’s the difference between Kuririn, Tenshinhan and Yamcha after the Freeza Saga? Is Tenshinhan closer to Kuririn or Yamcha?

For me, Tien definitely sits closer to Kuririn. Yamcha has sort of lagged behind since he only spent half as much time at Kaio’s, and Tien is a serious enough martial artist that I think he’s only right behind Kuririn in the Cell Saga.

Kuririn: 1,500
Tenshinhan: 1,200
Yamcha: 600

Tenshinhan could also be closer to Yamcha since he failed to catch up to Kuririn, but I think it’s possible Tien hasn’t trained as much (Hitting a wall and sort of giving up serious training after Goku died) and Kuririn hasn’t slacked as badly as Gohan. He didn’t marry 18 right after the Cell Games after all, and he did some training (even sparring with 18 in filler) for the 25th Budokai.

Kuririn: 1,350; 1,800 for the Budokai and beyond
Tenshinhan: 1,250
Yamcha: 600 (As a baseball player I don’t think he ever slacked, but he hasn’t improved either.)

In DBS I can see Kuririn momentarily falling behind Tien and Roshi at some point, specially in the days he has trouble with bullets, but after his special episode with Goku he shoots way past them again.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:50 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:52 pm What’s the difference between Kuririn, Tenshinhan and Yamcha after the Freeza Saga? Is Tenshinhan closer to Kuririn or Yamcha?

For me, Tien definitely sits closer to Kuririn. Yamcha has sort of lagged behind since he only spent half as much time at Kaio’s, and Tien is a serious enough martial artist that I think he’s only right behind Kuririn in the Cell Saga.

Kuririn: 1,500
Tenshinhan: 1,200
Yamcha: 600

Tenshinhan could also be closer to Yamcha since he failed to catch up to Kuririn, but I think it’s possible Tien hasn’t trained as much (Hitting a wall and sort of giving up serious training after Goku died) and Kuririn hasn’t slacked as badly as Gohan. He didn’t marry 18 right after the Cell Games after all, and he did some training (even sparring with 18 in filler) for the 25th Budokai.

Kuririn: 1,350; 1,800 for the Budokai and beyond
Tenshinhan: 1,250
Yamcha: 600 (As a baseball player I don’t think he ever slacked, but he hasn’t improved either.)

In DBS I can see Kuririn momentarily falling behind Tien and Roshi at some point, specially in the days he has trouble with bullets, but after his special episode with Goku he shoots way past them again.
You mean like when Mecha Freeza arrived? or in general after Namek?

Tenshinhan was always stronger than Krilin, at least until he died. Then Krilin got his potential unlocked in Namek, and Ten was training with Kaio, so one could say the gap(that wasn't that big against Nappa) remained the same, or Krilin closed it thanks to Saichoro's help.

Aside of Toriyama putting Krilin above every other Earthling, I don't think there's anything that actually puts Krilin above Tenshinhan, they became background wallpaper around the same time, the opposite might even have been the case with Tenshinhan having a technique that can make Cell sweat. I guess, Tori's comment must be taken as potential unlocked >> Kaio's training.

So, I'd say for Z:

Krilin 10
Tenshinhan 9 (with the Shin Kikoho being a 15)
Yamcha 6

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:31 pm

After Freeza arc, it’s implied Krillin is the strongest between those 3, with Tenshinhan being able to put some work to Cell and Majin Boo, but nothing really remarkable. Yamcha is always used for jokes, but his latent energy made Dr. Gero mistake him for Goku, so he was probably at least as strong as Goku was when he fought Vegeta.

I don’t remember exactly how the anime handled it, but Yamcha was able to beat Recoome, if I’m not mistaken. Tenshinhan handled alone Jheese and Butter, but not as easily as Goku. Krillin might be able to beat Ginyu after his fighting experience in Namek, if that suggests anything.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:45 pm

I have Krillin almost twice as strong as Tenshinhan during the Android arc. If you factor in that even after over a decade of not training Krillin was still the strongest Earthling then it makes sense.

Krillin: 3,600
Tenshinhan: 2,000
Yamcha: 1,400

SoulSurj
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SoulSurj » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:44 pm

Ss Gotenks believed he could beat Fat Buu and Goku said that the result of Goten and Trunks fusing would be able to beat Buu. So, Ss Gotenks >= Ss 3 Goku.

Goten and Trunks train in the time chamber and get a little stronger, plus they unlock Ss 3. Ss 3 puts Gotenks and Super Buu at about an equal level. It's also considered to be 8× Ss. So Super Buu and Ss 3 Gotenks are at least 8× stronger than Ss 3 Goku.

As for Ultimate Gohan...

Super Buu and Ss 3 Gotenks are about even in power. Buutenks is Super Buu + Ss 3 Gotenks + Piccolo. So Buutenks is a little over 2× stronger than Super Buu. When Ss 3 Gotenks's fusion runs out Super Buu turns into Buuicollo and Goku comments that Gohan can beat Buu at that level. That places Gohan somewhere in between Buuicollo and Buutenks. In the dub Goku says Buu lost over 1/3 of his power when he went from Buutenks to Buuicollo but that line can be taken with a grain of salt because it's dubbed but technically doesn't contradict anything. That puts Gohan between 11-15× Ss 3 Goku's level.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:52 pm

Numbers for those guys? Feel free to include Gohan with and without rage boosts.

SSJ Goku (Cell Games):
SSJ Gohan (Cell Games):
SSJ2 Gohan (Cell Games):
Super Perfect Cell:

SSJ Gohan (Boo Saga):
SSJ Vegeta (Boo Saga, Pre Majin):
SSJ Goku (Boo Saga):
SSJ2 Gohan (Boo Saga):
SSJ2 Vegeta (Boo Saga, Pre Majin):
SSJ2 Goku (Boo Saga):

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:40 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:52 pmNumbers for those guys?
In units of millions, to trim down on a bunch of extra zeroes...

Cell Games

SS1 Goku: 2,800
SS1 Gohan: 3,500 / SS2: 7,000
Cell (vs Goku): 3,200 / FP: 4,800 / Bulky: 6,400 / Super Perfect: 7,200

(Gohan is a good chunk stronger than both Goku and Cell to begin with, even before going SS2. Enough that afterwards Cell needs three power-ups of his own to just barely surpass him.)

Majin Boo

SS1 Gohan: 3,200 / SS2: 6,000
SS1 Vegeta: 3,600 / SS2: 7,200
SS1 Goku: 4,500 / SS2: 9,000

(Gohan's power loss is mostly from the top down, affecting his SS2 power more than base or SS1. Vegeta has slightly edged out Gohan from 7 years ago, being confident in taking him on even before knowing how much power he's lost. Goku is substantially stronger than either of them.)
deviantART
[thread]

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:47 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:52 pm Numbers for those guys? Feel free to include Gohan with and without rage boosts.
SSJ Goku (Cell Games): 3,000 M
--powering up for Karin: 1,500 M
--warming up: 2,500M
-- tired: 2,800 M
SSJ Gohan (Cell Games): 3,800 M
SSJ2 Gohan (Cell Games): 7,600 M
-- injured: 7,000M (he said he was at half power, but that seems to be a figure of speech, Cell cannot be that weak)

Perfect Cell: 2,000
Perfect Cell warming up vs Goku: 2,500
Perfect Cell vs Goku: 3,300
---tired vs Goku: 3,000
Perfect Cell post zenzu: 4,000
Perfect Cell FP: 5,000
Bulkier Cell: 6,500 M
Super Perfect Cell: 7,500 M

Golden Warrior: 2,800 M
SSJ Gohan (Boo Saga): 3,200 M (I guess RoF Gohan is around here)
---post zenkai, vs Dabura: 3,800
SS2 Gohan (Boo Saga): 6,400 M (vs Kibito only)
--- hypothetical SS2 if he used it after Kibito healed him: 7,200*
--- hypothetical half-ass SS2: 5,000- 6,000M (with Dabura being a little above that)

SSJ Vegeta (Boo Saga, Pre Majin): 3,800 M
SSJ Goku (Boo Saga): 4,000 M
SSJ2 Vegeta (Boo Saga, Pre Majin): 7,600 M
SSJ2 Goku (Boo Saga): 8,000 (I don't think they are that much stronger than Gohan was. By DBS, it's still considered to be somewhat of a milestone)

*This one might need a whole new separate thread. Gohan isn't shown as SS2, but his performance, at best, is stated to be below his original SS2. Yet Goku, before fighting Geets, tells him to get mad and get all that power out so nobody could beat him. So, he either wasn't SS2 vs Dabura (the lack of sparks support this) or he wasn't getting the most out of it, and just half-assing the SS2 form, explaining the missing sparks and Vegeta claiming he is weaker than before.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:28 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:47 pm SSJ2 Gohan (Cell Games): 7,600 M
-- injured: 7,000M (he said he was at half power, but that seems to be a figure of speech, Cell cannot be that weak)
Why not? The expression is quite literal, "less than half of Ki" as per Herms translation.

Could be that Cell isn't that weak, just that Gohan is that strong. Rage boost seems what he lacked in the Boo arc and how the story presented it, they were always significant.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:00 pm

LightBing wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:28 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:47 pm SSJ2 Gohan (Cell Games): 7,600 M
Why not? The expression is quite literal, "less than half of Ki" as per Herms translation.

Could be that Cell isn't that weak, just that Gohan is that strong. Rage boost seems what he lacked in the Boo arc and how the story presented it, they were always significant.
Well, yeah, sure, nothing says Cell cannot be that weak or that Gohan cannot be that strong, but if Cell came back stronger than before, confident enough to take on Gohan, so much so that he chose to fuck around with the rest without any concerns about pissing him off even more, he comes off as just a mindless idiot, if he is picking on a bull twice his size.
Also, Gohan wasn't fast enough to reach Vegeta before Cell's attack, something I would expect him to be able to do if he was 2x stronger than Cell.

SS2 would be more than twice stronger than SS, with a gap big enough to fit Cell, Super Perfect Cell and an injured Gohan and that's just half the form's power. Which could very well be possible.

That being said, in that case, then:
SS Gohan: 3,800
Perfect Cell: 5,000
Super Perfect Cell: 7,500
Injured SS2 Gohan: 7,000
SS2 Gohan: 14,000

edit: should be considered that ki isn't just power, one of its components it's the mindset, something Gohan always had problems with, and in that fight he was really struggling in that department.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:26 pm

Yeah, I tend to assume most of the ki Gohan lost was due to the hit his confidence took rather than any actual physical damage, and that Goku's pep talk helped him recover most of it. Of course, Gohan being Gohan, there's probably an extra element of "tapping into previously untapped dormant power" at play towards the end of the beam struggle.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:49 pm

The way it all seems to me, Gohan simply didn't beat Cell while still being limited to half-power. He beat Cell by managing to summon back his full power in that last moment, plus maybe some extra. Various Daizenshuu tidbits label that as "Gohan's greatest power" and "the strongest Kamehameha in history," on top of apparently saying that Cell was previously the strongest thing on the battlefield immediately after his recovery and return.

So it seems to me like Gohan was only down at "less than half" at first, due to a mix of being both injured and demoralized. Then he probably regained some confidence and power after Goku's encouragement when the Kamehameha clash first started. But that still wasn't enough, and he was at a clear disadvantage until that last big burst. Maybe there was a "rage boost" involved, maybe just a mix of determination and adrenaline... who knows.
deviantART
[thread]

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:12 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:00 pm Well, yeah, sure, nothing says Cell cannot be that weak or that Gohan cannot be that strong, but if Cell came back stronger than before, confident enough to take on Gohan, so much so that he chose to fuck around with the rest without any concerns about pissing him off even more, he comes off as just a mindless idiot, if he is picking on a bull twice his size.
Also, Gohan wasn't fast enough to reach Vegeta before Cell's attack, something I would expect him to be able to do if he was 2x stronger than Cell.

SS2 would be more than twice stronger than SS, with a gap big enough to fit Cell, Super Perfect Cell and an injured Gohan and that's just half the form's power. Which could very well be possible.

edit: should be considered that ki isn't just power, one of its components it's the mindset, something Gohan always had problems with, and in that fight he was really struggling in that department.
Quickly looked at the sequence:

Everything happens extremely fast. Cell immediately kills Trunks, Gohan is happy to get a chance for revenge, Vegeta loses it, Gohan gets damaged saving him, Kamehameha clash.

Nobody comments on Cell's new power with one exception, Gohan is confident on getting the kill before his arm is broken and Piccolo only loses his shit when he realizes there's no senzu's.

Gohan says after getting hit that Cell is stronger than he thought(perhaps justifying his slow reaction to save Vegeta).
Toriyama went out of his way to weaken Gohan, so I'll say Cell is indeed an overconfident idiot.
It works because this behavior isn't anything new.

Regarding the mindset, it's certainly influential but it should be noted that he recovered most of the composure after the pep talk from Goku, before the clash. Even then Piccolo still comments he doesn't have enough Ki to win.

In clash Gohan seems to be holding back fearing the destruction of Earth but 95% of the win is because of Vegeta's distraction. In the manga it's immediate, 3 pages and Cell is dust.

With this refresher, yeah I think that line is 100% true.

Now I'm more leaning in a downgrade to Cell than an upgrade to Gohan, a combination of both might be best.
After all Cell isn't a normal Saiyan, it's clearly implied he got something akin to SSJ2 but does it need to work the same?
About Gohan, like you said in your other post, Goku leans on Gohan's rage. I always like to think this Gohan has something extra due to that.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:34 pm

LightBing wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:12 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:00 pm Well, yeah, sure, nothing says Cell cannot be that weak or that Gohan cannot be that strong, but if Cell came back stronger than before, confident enough to take on Gohan, so much so that he chose to fuck around with the rest without any concerns about pissing him off even more, he comes off as just a mindless idiot, if he is picking on a bull twice his size.

Quickly looked at the sequence:

Everything happens extremely fast. Cell immediately kills Trunks, Gohan is happy to get a chance for revenge, Vegeta loses it, Gohan gets damaged saving him, Kamehameha clash.

Nobody comments on Cell's new power with one exception, Gohan is confident on getting the kill before his arm is broken and Piccolo only loses his shit when he realizes there's no senzu's.

Gohan says after getting hit that Cell is stronger than he thought(perhaps justifying his slow reaction to save Vegeta).
Toriyama went out of his way to weaken Gohan, so I'll say Cell is indeed an overconfident idiot.
It works because this behavior isn't anything new.

Regarding the mindset, it's certainly influential but it should be noted that he recovered most of the composure after the pep talk from Goku, before the clash. Even then Piccolo still comments he doesn't have enough Ki to win.

In clash Gohan seems to be holding back fearing the destruction of Earth but 95% of the win is because of Vegeta's distraction. In the manga it's immediate, 3 pages and Cell is dust.

With this refresher, yeah I think that line is 100% true.

Now I'm more leaning in a downgrade to Cell than an upgrade to Gohan, a combination of both might be best.
After all Cell isn't a normal Saiyan, it's clearly implied he got something akin to SSJ2 but does it need to work the same?
About Gohan, like you said in your other post, Goku leans on Gohan's rage. I always like to think this Gohan has something extra due to that.
Cell does say that this time the fight won't go like before. So he should be at least close to the previous SS2 Gohan (if in fact, he was suppressed and had twice that power in store left, and was extremely holding his punches). He is full of himself, but he also knows when he is out of his element.

I always saw the fight as Gohan feeling down and not being able to access, mentally, to his full power, plus also having a physical impairment to do so. He was already defeated and ready to die, and after he regained his confidence(part of it, he was still doubting he could pull it off), was only able to stand his ground. I feel he won by getting the rest of his power back and perhaps his trademark anger boost.

Narratively speaking, having Cell come back still being no threat, twice weaker than Gohan, doesn't make much sense. But if they are equals, and you fuck Gohan up somehow, then you have some real tension.

After a quick look at the fight, I chalk up the half-my-power line to the Gohan before the pep talk, the one that was willing to accept defeat and die, before clearing his mind and all that. So I don't think his 50% was when fighting Cell's KHH, I think that was before all that.

So:
SS2 Gohan: 7,500
-- injured and demoralized: 4,000
-- injured but confident: 7,000 (still having doubts in his mind, crying he has nothing left)
-- injured, no doubts and in IMA DA mode + (or) rage boost: 8,000
SP Cell: 7,400