Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Kaboom
Moderator
Posts: 14131
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: Funky Town
Contact:

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:50 pm

Yeah, I can't recall every detail or anything, but the manga version of Super seems to lean pretty heavily towards "Goku and Vegeta only have god-level power in their god-forms." Which would be a hugely welcome relief compared to the inconsistent mess of the anime version.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
3DS FC: 1504 - 5800 - 6358


We Gotta Power >>>>> Cha-La Head Cha-La. Fight me.

A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

User avatar
RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8785
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:57 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:17 am

ahill1 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:50 pm
What are your guys' estimations for the base Saiyajins in the Super, Toyotaro's manga? Current base Saiyajins. I think this is one topic that a lot of people don't see eye to eye on.
Goku and Vegeta are around as strong as their Buu arc selves in the same form. The manga makes that pretty clear and never really strays from it.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

User avatar
Alruneia
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:40 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Alruneia » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:03 am

ahill1 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:50 pm
What are your guys' estimations for the base Saiyajins in the Super, Toyotaro's manga? Current base Saiyajins. I think this is one topic that a lot of people don't see eye to eye on.
I'd say Goku and Vegeta are a bit stronger now than in the Buu arc, but that's just a bit. As other people have said, their main power increases come from the god forms, rather than increasing their base strength.
Current avatar: Shizuka Joestar (Adult)

Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Dragon Ball Ultimate (fanfic) progress: 57 out of 100 chapters complete (Currently doing a partial rewrite, 11/20 chapters done)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
(Chapter 11 is currently a fair bit off.)

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1522
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:27 pm

ahill1 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:50 pm
What are your guys' estimations for the base Saiyajins in the Super, Toyotaro's manga? Current base Saiyajins. I think this is one topic that a lot of people don't see eye to eye on.
They are much stronger than their buu arcs, but only because of training. They are no where near god level. As people have said before, toyotaro doesnt seem to have their base forms on god level like the anime.

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1522
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:05 pm

Noah wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:22 pm
Super Gogeta could top Super Boo strenght or he would need SSJ2 to do it?
super gogeta would most likely beat buuhan with almost nearly the same effort super vegito used. i never bought into the whole "potara >>>>>>> Fusion dance" argument people made. and it looks like people who work on db dont seem to either, especially with gogetas current showing far surpassing everyones expectation in terms of a multiplier.

User avatar
p-hyvo
Regular
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:56 am
Contact:

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:33 am

Did anyone ever noticed how much the power levels from daizenshuu reguarding the piccolo daimaoh part are incoherent compared to both the manga and dbz's power levels?
Surely, who gave that numbers did that wuthout a further control on the source material to check the coherence.
I'll explain better :

Daizenshuu days

Goku (22 tenkaichi) 180

Piccolo daimaoh, young 260

So, where's the problem?

Simple : old piccolo told Goku he hadn't use 50% of his power against him, so
Old piccolo, 40% >180 for sure, making him +/- 240 just by himself, and just at 40%, making his full power 500 .
As we know, that's way too incoherent with z, giving us for Goku a power level of 416 in the raditz saga.

So, to not destroy all manga power levels, we just have to assume that that piccolo power level is just wrong and not to consider.

To make coherence, I'd place 22 tenkaichi Goku at a power level of 40, old piccolo suppressed at 52, full power at 130, young piccolo at 160 with his full power being 200 , and same for Goku (post ultra divine water).
22 tenkaichi Tenshinhan 38
muten at 32
22T yamcha 25
crillin 26
Jiaozi 22
Tambourine 30
Cymbal 28
Drum 50

Other problem with daizenshuu's power levels are the fact that the lore of God is not considered, God being>>popo who was > Goku post UDV

Utilizing my numbers again

Popo 260

Kami 340

Piccolo Jr 368


Goku 23 tenkaichi 375
Goku a/weighs 315

And, continuing for human z warriors

Tenshinhan 275
Crillin 250
Yamcha 240
Cyborg Tao 200
Jiaozi 150

Regarding the power levels reading by Burma with raditz'es scouter, every reading was done on the suppressed fighters, crillin at 206 was just chilling around, not fighting nor training, same for yamcha, muten and tenshinhan (probably, muten just continued to train in secret at that point, or the 139 power level while suppressed can't be explained)
remember fellas, anyone in gt after m2 >>>anyone in z (bog + rof excluded obv)

User avatar
Grand Marshal 1
Regular
Posts: 576
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:33 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:47 am

p-hyvo wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:33 am
Did anyone ever noticed how much the power levels from daizenshuu reguarding the piccolo daimaoh part are incoherent compared to both the manga and dbz's power levels?
Surely, who gave that numbers did that wuthout a further control on the source material to check the coherence.
I'll explain better :

Daizenshuu days

Goku (22 tenkaichi) 180

Piccolo daimaoh, young 260

So, where's the problem?

Simple : old piccolo told Goku he hadn't use 50% of his power against him, so
Old piccolo, 40% >180 for sure, making him +/- 240 just by himself, and just at 40%, making his full power 500 .
As we know, that's way too incoherent with z, giving us for Goku a power level of 416 in the raditz saga.

So, to not destroy all manga power levels, we just have to assume that that piccolo power level is just wrong and not to consider.

To make coherence, I'd place 22 tenkaichi Goku at a power level of 40, old piccolo suppressed at 52, full power at 130, young piccolo at 160 with his full power being 200 , and same for Goku (post ultra divine water).
22 tenkaichi Tenshinhan 38
muten at 32
22T yamcha 25
crillin 26
Jiaozi 22
Tambourine 30
Cymbal 28
Drum 50

Other problem with daizenshuu's power levels are the fact that the lore of God is not considered, God being>>popo who was > Goku post UDV

Utilizing my numbers again

Popo 260

Kami 340

Piccolo Jr 368


Goku 23 tenkaichi 375
Goku a/weighs 315

And, continuing for human z warriors

Tenshinhan 275
Crillin 250
Yamcha 240
Cyborg Tao 200
Jiaozi 150

Regarding the power levels reading by Burma with raditz'es scouter, every reading was done on the suppressed fighters, crillin at 206 was just chilling around, not fighting nor training, same for yamcha, muten and tenshinhan (probably, muten just continued to train in secret at that point, or the 139 power level while suppressed can't be explained)
Imo, this makes sense. I actually had some difficulty with Piccolo's PL myself. I guess that this could work out. Just tell me how you got that 240 PL for Piccolo. I mean, he could just be twice as strong to overwhelm Goku, unless if his overall PL was below 500.
My posts will speak for myself! :)

User avatar
p-hyvo
Regular
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:56 am
Contact:

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:04 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:47 am
p-hyvo wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:33 am
Did anyone ever noticed how much the power levels from daizenshuu reguarding the piccolo daimaoh part are incoherent compared to both the manga and dbz's power levels?
Surely, who gave that numbers did that wuthout a further control on the source material to check the coherence.
I'll explain better :

Daizenshuu days

Goku (22 tenkaichi) 180

Piccolo daimaoh, young 260

So, where's the problem?

Simple : old piccolo told Goku he hadn't use 50% of his power against him, so
Old piccolo, 40% >180 for sure, making him +/- 240 just by himself, and just at 40%, making his full power 500 .
As we know, that's way too incoherent with z, giving us for Goku a power level of 416 in the raditz saga.

So, to not destroy all manga power levels, we just have to assume that that piccolo power level is just wrong and not to consider.

To make coherence, I'd place 22 tenkaichi Goku at a power level of 40, old piccolo suppressed at 52, full power at 130, young piccolo at 160 with his full power being 200 , and same for Goku (post ultra divine water).
22 tenkaichi Tenshinhan 38
muten at 32
22T yamcha 25
crillin 26
Jiaozi 22
Tambourine 30
Cymbal 28
Drum 50

Other problem with daizenshuu's power levels are the fact that the lore of God is not considered, God being>>popo who was > Goku post UDV

Utilizing my numbers again

Popo 260

Kami 340

Piccolo Jr 368


Goku 23 tenkaichi 375
Goku a/weighs 315

And, continuing for human z warriors

Tenshinhan 275
Crillin 250
Yamcha 240
Cyborg Tao 200
Jiaozi 150

Regarding the power levels reading by Burma with raditz'es scouter, every reading was done on the suppressed fighters, crillin at 206 was just chilling around, not fighting nor training, same for yamcha, muten and tenshinhan (probably, muten just continued to train in secret at that point, or the 139 power level while suppressed can't be explained)
Imo, this makes sense. I actually had some difficulty with Piccolo's PL myself. I guess that this could work out. Just tell me how you got that 240 PL for Piccolo. I mean, he could just be twice as strong to overwhelm Goku, unless if his overall PL was below 500.
You see, if Goku was 180 piccolo bad to be at least him x1,33 to oneshot him, so 180x1,33=240 (180+60)
240 being his 40% , would make full power old piccolo 600 (not 500, got that wrong due to distraction kek), because 240x2,5 = 600 (240+240+120)

And nothing, that would just be incoherent with z but I'd like to make some a power levels out of this, just not considering the power levels stated in the manga to see what comes up . It would be funny imo

Quoting you, "twice as strong" with Goku at 180 would make old piccolo(40%) 360, and his full power 900. By that, I'd put full power young piccolo at 1400 kek because It would make sense to me.
By the way, the gap needed to overwhelm someone in Dragon ball is way inferior than a x2, a x1,33 is all what you need to
remember fellas, anyone in gt after m2 >>>anyone in z (bog + rof excluded obv)

User avatar
Noah
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7432
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:16 pm

If you have a weak character like the Saibamen to acquire the Ultra Instinct would still give trouble for a thousand times stronger other character to beat them up?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
p-hyvo
Regular
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:56 am
Contact:

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:50 am

Noah wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:16 pm
If you have a weak character like the Saibamen to acquire the Ultra Instinct would still give trouble for a thousand times stronger other character to beat them up?
I'd say yes . Cui is in the realm of thousands/tens of thousands fold multiplier imo
remember fellas, anyone in gt after m2 >>>anyone in z (bog + rof excluded obv)

User avatar
Grand Marshal 1
Regular
Posts: 576
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:33 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:18 am

p-hyvo wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:04 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:47 am
p-hyvo wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:33 am
Did anyone ever noticed how much the power levels from daizenshuu reguarding the piccolo daimaoh part are incoherent compared to both the manga and dbz's power levels?
Surely, who gave that numbers did that wuthout a further control on the source material to check the coherence.
I'll explain better :

Daizenshuu days

Goku (22 tenkaichi) 180

Piccolo daimaoh, young 260

So, where's the problem?

Simple : old piccolo told Goku he hadn't use 50% of his power against him, so
Old piccolo, 40% >180 for sure, making him +/- 240 just by himself, and just at 40%, making his full power 500 .
As we know, that's way too incoherent with z, giving us for Goku a power level of 416 in the raditz saga.

So, to not destroy all manga power levels, we just have to assume that that piccolo power level is just wrong and not to consider.

To make coherence, I'd place 22 tenkaichi Goku at a power level of 40, old piccolo suppressed at 52, full power at 130, young piccolo at 160 with his full power being 200 , and same for Goku (post ultra divine water).
22 tenkaichi Tenshinhan 38
muten at 32
22T yamcha 25
crillin 26
Jiaozi 22
Tambourine 30
Cymbal 28
Drum 50

Other problem with daizenshuu's power levels are the fact that the lore of God is not considered, God being>>popo who was > Goku post UDV

Utilizing my numbers again

Popo 260

Kami 340

Piccolo Jr 368


Goku 23 tenkaichi 375
Goku a/weighs 315

And, continuing for human z warriors

Tenshinhan 275
Crillin 250
Yamcha 240
Cyborg Tao 200
Jiaozi 150

Regarding the power levels reading by Burma with raditz'es scouter, every reading was done on the suppressed fighters, crillin at 206 was just chilling around, not fighting nor training, same for yamcha, muten and tenshinhan (probably, muten just continued to train in secret at that point, or the 139 power level while suppressed can't be explained)
Imo, this makes sense. I actually had some difficulty with Piccolo's PL myself. I guess that this could work out. Just tell me how you got that 240 PL for Piccolo. I mean, he could just be twice as strong to overwhelm Goku, unless if his overall PL was below 500.
You see, if Goku was 180 piccolo bad to be at least him x1,33 to oneshot him, so 180x1,33=240 (180+60)
240 being his 40% , would make full power old piccolo 600 (not 500, got that wrong due to distraction kek), because 240x2,5 = 600 (240+240+120)

And nothing, that would just be incoherent with z but I'd like to make some a power levels out of this, just not considering the power levels stated in the manga to see what comes up . It would be funny imo

Quoting you, "twice as strong" with Goku at 180 would make old piccolo(40%) 360, and his full power 900. By that, I'd put full power young piccolo at 1400 kek because It would make sense to me.
By the way, the gap needed to overwhelm someone in Dragon ball is way inferior than a x2, a x1,33 is all what you need to
I can see that being the case. Is this an a result of the clash between Goku and Freeza?
My posts will speak for myself! :)

User avatar
p-hyvo
Regular
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:56 am
Contact:

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:40 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:18 am
p-hyvo wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:04 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:47 am


Imo, this makes sense. I actually had some difficulty with Piccolo's PL myself. I guess that this could work out. Just tell me how you got that 240 PL for Piccolo. I mean, he could just be twice as strong to overwhelm Goku, unless if his overall PL was below 500.
You see, if Goku was 180 piccolo bad to be at least him x1,33 to oneshot him, so 180x1,33=240 (180+60)
240 being his 40% , would make full power old piccolo 600 (not 500, got that wrong due to distraction kek), because 240x2,5 = 600 (240+240+120)

And nothing, that would just be incoherent with z but I'd like to make some a power levels out of this, just not considering the power levels stated in the manga to see what comes up . It would be funny imo

Quoting you, "twice as strong" with Goku at 180 would make old piccolo(40%) 360, and his full power 900. By that, I'd put full power young piccolo at 1400 kek because It would make sense to me.
By the way, the gap needed to overwhelm someone in Dragon ball is way inferior than a x2, a x1,33 is all what you need to
I can see that being the case. Is this an a result of the clash between Goku and Freeza?
Not strictly for that.
Anyway, imo the gaps works like that

X1,1 A and B are nearly equal
X1,15 A has a SLIGHT advantage on B
X1,2 A has a visible advantage on B
X1,25 A dominates B
X1,33 or more A just oneshots B
remember fellas, anyone in gt after m2 >>>anyone in z (bog + rof excluded obv)

User avatar
Hugo Boss
I Live Here
Posts: 3120
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:51 am

p-hyvo wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:40 am
Anyway, imo the gaps works like that

X1,1 A and B are nearly equal
X1,15 A has a SLIGHT advantage on B
X1,2 A has a visible advantage on B
X1,25 A dominates B
X1,33 or more A just oneshots B
I think that makes sense, but unfortunately battle powers are not that well thought. Sometimes you see proportionally high differences in numbers being not too much in practice and proportionally low differences having great impact on the result of a fight.

User avatar
p-hyvo
Regular
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:56 am
Contact:

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:22 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:51 am
p-hyvo wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:40 am
Anyway, imo the gaps works like that

X1,1 A and B are nearly equal
X1,15 A has a SLIGHT advantage on B
X1,2 A has a visible advantage on B
X1,25 A dominates B
X1,33 or more A just oneshots B
I think that makes sense, but unfortunately battle powers are not that well thought. Sometimes you see proportionally high differences in numbers being not too much in practice and proportionally low differences having great impact on the result of a fight.
What do you mean?
remember fellas, anyone in gt after m2 >>>anyone in z (bog + rof excluded obv)

User avatar
PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here
Posts: 2022
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:25 am

p-hyvo wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:22 am
Hugo Boss wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:51 am
p-hyvo wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:40 am
Anyway, imo the gaps works like that

X1,1 A and B are nearly equal
X1,15 A has a SLIGHT advantage on B
X1,2 A has a visible advantage on B
X1,25 A dominates B
X1,33 or more A just oneshots B
I think that makes sense, but unfortunately battle powers are not that well thought. Sometimes you see proportionally high differences in numbers being not too much in practice and proportionally low differences having great impact on the result of a fight.
What do you mean?
Basically, there's never a set-in-stone "always how this works" formula for calculating what numerical power differences will produce in execution.

Sometimes, a guy dozens of times stronger can't put down someone, while other times a guy barely a percentage or so above their opponent can easily down them. And this isn't even taking into account things like solid blows, off-guard attacks, etc.

User avatar
ZombieVito
I Live Here
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:05 pm

ahill1 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:50 pm
What are your guys' estimations for the base Saiyajins in the Super, Toyotaro's manga? Current base Saiyajins. I think this is one topic that a lot of people don't see eye to eye on.
Stronger than Shin as proven in the GoD battle royale.

User avatar
Hugo Boss
I Live Here
Posts: 3120
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:27 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:05 pm
ahill1 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:50 pm
What are your guys' estimations for the base Saiyajins in the Super, Toyotaro's manga? Current base Saiyajins. I think this is one topic that a lot of people don't see eye to eye on.
Stronger than Shin as proven in the GoD battle royale.
This keeps being brought up when people talk about Base Saiyans in the manga, but that’s clearly not related only to Goku’s base form, which is an ant in comparison to the Gods of Destruction. Goku only managed to keep standing because his true strength is equal to a God of Destruction candidate.

User avatar
ZombieVito
I Live Here
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:52 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:27 pm
This keeps being brought up when people talk about Base Saiyans in the manga, but that’s clearly not related only to Goku’s base form, which is an ant in comparison to the Gods of Destruction. Goku only managed to keep standing because his true strength is equal to a God of Destruction candidate.
And I disagree. Nowhere was it even implied it accounted for his "inner" strength. Base Goku didn't fall because he's over the Kaioshin level in base. Is as simple as that.

There's also the fact that RoF happens in the manga continuity and as such base Goku is way over where he was on the Boo arc since he fought final form Freeza on his base form.

User avatar
RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8785
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:57 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:01 am

ZombieVito wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:52 pm
There's also the fact that RoF happens in the manga continuity and as such base Goku is way over where he was on the Boo arc since he fought final form Freeza on his base form.
There's no confirmation that it happened that way at all, actually.

Based on Freeza's showing at the ToP, where he's around SS Caulifla's level (and we know Caulifla is at least as strong as Cabba who was equal to base Vegeta), base Goku vs Freeza was likely just SS Goku vs Freeza in this continuity. It would be a minor change on par with Goku not absorbing SSG into his base in the manga.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

User avatar
Soldierofficial
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:29 pm

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Soldierofficial » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:00 am

ZombieVito wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:52 pm
since he fought final form Freeza on his base form.
We don't know that, probably not since Freeza is around SSJ Caulifla, who is comparable to SSJ Goku.

Post Reply