Bardock Special: Director's Cut

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Re: Bardock Special: Director's Cut

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:51 am

Wow, things are comming together! Can't wait to see how this all plays out. :D

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:18 am

This looks awesome, I gotta say. I have none of the technical know-how or anything at all to help, but just as a little suggestion, what if you used the '96 version of Hikari no Tabi instead of the original just to, you know, set it apart from the real TV special.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:14 am

JulieYBM wrote:Wow, that sounds...dare I say 'exciting'? :shock:

Now that I think about it, didn't the film LDs seperate the voice tracks from the music and sound effects (or was that voices and effect seperate from the music)? Is so, wouldn't it be possible to acquire some of Broli's baby cries?
The LD release has a music-only audio track. I deleted the BGM with it.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:05 am

VegettoEX wrote:(What would be really helpful right now is if someone could extract/OCR the FUNimation subtitles from the Bardock special for me... the rest of the stuff I've already just re-typed since it's so short...)
Have fun.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:48 am

This is really rolling, I'm very happy to see this happening.

But.... hold on Mike. Aren't you gonna mix in Broly's child and teen shots in the Epilogue?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:00 am

DNA wrote:But.... hold on Mike. Aren't you gonna mix in Broly's child and teen shots in the Epilogue?
Possibly. I suppose I could. I'll take a look at them and see how it works.

Right now I'm envisioning just the one scene, ending with that shot of Vegeta looking up into space, shrinking it up to the left corner, and playing the end credits. That just works out so nicely... :(
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:02 am

I vote for not ruining the potentially awesome ending with @&$#ing Broly.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:05 am

I dunno. Perhaps I could break-up that flashback from DBZ TV 104 (Vegeta + Nappa + Raditz) with the Broli stuff. They destroy that planet per their mission, fades up to stylish Vegeta face, then it transitions over to them in Freeza's chamber. Maybe in between I'll try splicing in some of that Broli stuff and see how it works.

I'm pretty determined to end on that awesome shot of Vegeta looking into space... :twisted:
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:10 am

Maybe where the eyecatch is, between them conquering the planet and actually reporting there could be that short montage... Bleh I think it still will ruin it... That piece with Vegeta and co. just starts and ends so well... There's really no space for Broly, which is a pity because it really explains what happen to Broly and Paragus, how Paragus lost his eye and how did he put the device on Broly.

Edit: Hey! Maybe it can go AFTER they report but before they're outside talking, that might work out fine.

Also, are you gonna cut Goku's happy ending entirely? It might not fit the mood.

Edit 2: Right, my friend just gave me this idea, whilst the Broly scene shows, we could use some Goku scenes as a contrast. Like, Broly appears destroying stuff (he appears to be a young teen) and we could put some Goku scenes chilling out or just being good. There is still the problem of were to place this. The Broly as young adult can be easily placed between said Vegeta scene, but the young teen might be a problem.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:12 pm

Can't believe this is actually coming together so quickly! Where would it be hosted, if anywhere?

I can't say I'd like a Broly ending myself, as he's just so disconnected from the rest of the Sayain story, ridiculously convenient back-story and all.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:37 pm

DNA wrote:Edit 2: Right, my friend just gave me this idea, whilst the Broly scene shows, we could use some Goku scenes as a contrast. Like, Broly appears destroying stuff (he appears to be a young teen) and we could put some Goku scenes chilling out or just being good. There is still the problem of were to place this. The Broly as young adult can be easily placed between said Vegeta scene, but the young teen might be a problem.
The contrast between Goku and Broly sounds like a neat idea. Why don't you place that in the end credits. That Vegeta face is way too perfect to not use it as a transition to the credits. You know how at the end of the Trunks and Bardock special the end credits show scenes of what happens after the special? Put Broly's children and teen years there.

I'm all for not including Broly at all though if it's too much trouble. No one cares about that guy anyway. :wink:
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:46 pm

There was actually one more error in Gurd's flashback in episode 62 of "DBZ". Vegeta does NOT have a tail.
Last edited by Goku100xKamehameha on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:04 am

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:There's actually one more error in Gurd's flashback on episode 62 of DBZ. Vegeta does NOT have a tail.
Although that flashback does look like they just ripped Vegeta's design straight out of the Freeza arc, you could say that Vegeta lost it in battle and grew it back. I don't believe in the whole "adult Saiyans' tails don't grow back", since Raditz says it's the true power of the Saiyans and they seem to treasure it as a token of their power (being the Ozaru). It's not that crazy to assume that a warrior race like the Saiyans could lose it on occasions in battles.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:01 am

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Goku100xKamehameha wrote:There's actually one more error in Gurd's flashback on episode 62 of DBZ. Vegeta does NOT have a tail.
Although that flashback does look like they just ripped Vegeta's design straight out of the Freeza arc, you could say that Vegeta lost it in battle and grew it back. I don't believe in the whole "adult Saiyans' tails don't grow back", since Raditz says it's the true power of the Saiyans and they seem to treasure it as a token of their power (being the Ozaru). It's not that crazy to assume that a warrior race like the Saiyans could lose it on occasions in battles.
Hell, if GT can serve as any indication :lol:

Goku and Gohan did get them back, and i don't recall anything pointing to an adult saiyan not being able to as well. (even though Goten and Trunks never did even as kids lol)
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:31 am

Either Bulma and Chi-Chi cutted there tails or Toriyama forgot about them.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:37 am

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:Either Bulma and Chi-Chi cutted there tails or Toriyama forgot about them.
Talking of which, Kuririn did ask Bulma where Trunks' tail was and if she cut it off, but there was no answer. But Gohan had his tail when we first saw him and Chi-Chi didn't know about Ozaru, so she'd have no reason to cut it off. Then again, Goku could've told to cut his tail off afterwards, since he found out about it during the battle with Vegeta.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:53 am

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Goku100xKamehameha wrote:Either Bulma and Chi-Chi cutted there tails or Toriyama forgot about them.
Talking of which, Kuririn did ask Bulma where Trunks' tail was and if she cut it off, but there was no answer. But Gohan had his tail when we first saw him and Chi-Chi didn't know about Ozaru, so she'd have no reason to cut it off. Then again, Goku could've told to cut his tail off afterwards, since he found out about it during the battle with Vegeta.
Nah, i always just assumed they decided to cut off their tails.
I was just touching on the fact that we saw Goku and Gohan's tails grow back but not Trunks and Goten's, and the fact that i didn't remember any age limit for "tail growth".
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:14 am

Rukura wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Nah, i always just assumed they decided to cut off their tails.
I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:15 am

Please feel free to take the tail discussion elsewhere so we can keep the project conversation on-topic and concise. Thanks!

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:48 pm

If it is not too late, Dragon Ball Z episode 87 also has some Saiyan stuff. Its just a few images of battle damaged Toma, Selypa, Bardock, Vegeta, King Vegeta, and two other random Saiyans with fire in the background as Freeza talks about how the Saiyans have defied him.
It's not really anything interesting and the only place I could see you using it would be the credits but still. :P