Chinese Whisper of Dragon Ball Z

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Chinese Whisper of Dragon Ball Z

Post by Innagadadavida » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:56 am

This is a series of videos on YouTube that have just cracked me up for the past hour. The premise is that a guy, who hadn't seen Dragon Ball Z in two years, plays Chinese Whisper with his friend who had never even heard of Dragon Ball. The result is this incomprehensible, almost dream-like series of events that only bare a passing resemblance to the source material. As hardcore fans, some of us will pick up on key phrases that are dead-giveaways in where this random nonsensical inaccuracies came form. The videos themselves consist of seemingly pitch-modified narration that accentuates the bizarre sleepy quality of the videos; almost as if your slow uncle is reading you a bedtime story while high on shrooms. The narration is depicted by a series of cartoony, sometimes really funny, illustrations.

The creator stops slowing the audio down at the "Moonlight Saga" so its much easier to listen to. He also starts using Flash instead of Paint to illustrate it, so the drawings are better quality. I'd recommend starting on that one (well, after the trippy opening) to see if its for you. It probably is not though because these videos are really fucking weird. They crack me up though.

5)The Moonlight Saga
4) The Vegeta Saga
3) The Nappa Saga
2) The Cabbageman Saga
1) Radditz Saga