Fanmanga - another DBAF

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scarz
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - another DBAF

Post by Scarz » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Raykugen wrote:[SNIP]
:roll:
I was going to download this comic and give it another shot since I never really looked at the whole thing but after seeing this... as an artist this frustrates me to no end.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:02 pm

Finally finished scanning this. :V

https://hotfile.com/dl/154068211/39bbe3 ... 4.zip.html

I'll try and scan the extended volume 2 tomorrow.
Oh! and I bought the extended volume 3. It'll be here in a few weeks.

infectedmann

Post by infectedmann » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Mother of GOD :shock: Thanks dude. You made my day :)

tomac66
Beyond Newbie

Post by tomac66 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:52 pm

Thank´s again for the scans.

Tomorrow I´ll start to edit it, this time I´m going to need more time to do it.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:26 pm

awesome!!! i being waiting for vol 4 for awhile now!! thanks again!!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:28 pm

The new villain does look pretty cool. I'm looking for seeing the scans in English soon.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:30 pm

It seems my android phone doesn't support the download link. Can you put the scan that can be downloaded by it, if there's any? That'd be great if there's one.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

SuppaSaiyanNerd
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuppaSaiyanNerd » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:52 am

Thanks a ton, StarRot! I love you! :cry:

This volume was pretty excellent, although I do feel that Ice's(?) death was a little bit anti-climactic. And while I don't really get bothered by the tracing, Ice's(?) death was too important to be a blatant "reference" to Cell's death. But gladly the new villains look cool and kinda original, too. Also: One Ssj 4 Gotenks coming up! :lol:

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:06 am

You're welcome, everyone.

DragonBalllKaiHD I'm afraid I don't know of any uploading services that work with Android. Very sorry.
SuppaSaiyanNerd wrote:Thanks a ton, StarRot! I love you! :cry:
NO. I love YOU. :wink:

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:11 am

Thanks StarRot, glad you were able to get volume 4 scanned.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

elyas11
Not-So-Newbie

Post by elyas11 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:47 am

Ize's death was annoying.. It's a 100% Cell's death. Honestly I didn't know there were this much tracings until volume 3.
But putting all that aside, it DID inspire me to create my own doujinshi, and volume 4 seems pretty good!!
It's cool that Young used actual info about the Makai in his story :D

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:52 pm

OMG this can't be serious, it must be a joke! the 80% of the scenes are just a copy of the Cell's battle!
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:19 pm

It's sad, because the author has potential (not great at story telling, but some ideas are pretty cool) but the copying is just way too much to handle.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:33 pm

With this manga, I just turn off my brain and don't get angry that he copy & paste from the manga. I like how the story is going and I wonder if the legendary SSj ends up being the final villain of this manga? I wonder how they going to bring back Pan if this manga takes place before 100 time skip in GT?
She/Her

SuppaSaiyanNerd
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuppaSaiyanNerd » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:42 pm

At least it's better than Toybles version.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:52 pm

I think it's better then Toyable's AF because it gives the characters a big role and Goku does not seem to be the main character at all. I do feel like the story in Toyable's AF feels like something that it would be created by Toei. I can't see Toei ever giving Freeza a son who is stronger then Super Yi Xing Long. If he is 10X stronger then Freeza then won't be only at USSj level then be stronger then a SSj4?
She/Her

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:32 pm

SuppaSaiyanNerd wrote:At least it's better than Toybles version.
I'm the opposite, I think Toyble is doing a far more fantastic job with it. Everything in this manga is rushed. When I read Toyble, I really get the Dragonball feel. As far as Goku not being the central character, I feel it's only a matter of time with this manga. I also think it's kinda unfair to say Goku is the main dude in the other AF. The other fighters have done a good job of handling the situation by themselves so far. Goku is in there, but hasn't had any direct or indirect hand in the situation yet.

SuppaSaiyanNerd
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuppaSaiyanNerd » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:26 pm

Necrosaber wrote:
I'm the opposite, I think Toyble is doing a far more fantastic job with it. Everything in this manga is rushed. When I read Toyble, I really get the Dragonball feel. As far as Goku not being the central character, I feel it's only a matter of time with this manga. I also think it's kinda unfair to say Goku is the main dude in the other AF. The other fighters have done a good job of handling the situation by themselves so far. Goku is in there, but hasn't had any direct or indirect hand in the situation yet.
Good that you didn't directly use the "but he traces"-card, because Toyble traces too. I know, he doesn't do it as much anymore, but still. And while I can give you that, his art has lately been very inconsistent and, well, rushed looking. I don't think that is a coincidense. Also, while not the most original, this AF's villains aren't at least directly ripped-off of some crappy old AF fanfics. End of rant.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:36 pm

Both of them are great for me.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:46 pm

SuppaSaiyanNerd wrote:
Necrosaber wrote:
Good that you didn't directly use the "but he traces"-card, because Toyble traces too. I know, he doesn't do it as much anymore, but still. And while I can give you that, his art has lately been very inconsistent and, well, rushed looking. I don't think that is a coincidense. Also, while not the most original, this AF's villains aren't at least directly ripped-off of some crappy old AF fanfics. End of rant.
With Toyble's lineart I have not that sense of "strangeness" that I sense when I look at Jijii's... I explain: when I look at Toyble's art, for my eyes and brain it's like watching at Toriyama's manga art, it's a pretty similar style, I get that "Dragonball feel" you were talking about. Placebo effect! :lol: Sometimes a bit rounded, sometimes squared, like for Frieza Arch and Buu Arch, sometimes more detailled like Cell's Arch. Pure awesomeness.
When I look at Jijii's art instead, and at the charachters' faces particularly, I sense that "strangeness", my brain screams: <<The artist is absolutely not Toriyama!!!>>; and the same happened to me for the JSAT manga adaptation drawn by Ooishi Naho. I much prefer Toyble's DBAF! :wink: