Fanmanga - another DBAF

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - another DBAF

Post by jamiljamtheman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:37 am

Cabba wrote:Can someone help me out here
Is this
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The final AF scan or not? My google searches end with Volume 04 and the special

I thought AF had all these new fusions and SS5 where is all that?
"AF", from my understanding, encompasses more of an idea than one single story. With that said, the one you put a picture of is one of the most well-known AF fan-manga; unfortunately I think that is where that one ends. The author never got around to finishing it, and now likely is the main artist/author of the Dragon Ball Super official manga.

A Dragon Ball AF manga with more SS5's and that is actually a complete story is YoungJiji's "After the Future" (get it? AF?). That is what this thread is supposed to be about I think.

As for "AF" the idea, Super Saiyan 5 seems to be the most directly associated thing with it (as it was a fanart mistakenly interpreted as Super Saiyan 5 that got the AF ball rolling). However, you are correct--"AF" also tends to encompass many over the top fusions and forms and things.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Young Jijii's After the Future's 3rd arc has been announced to start after the end of Bardack After do to complete in 6 or 7 volumes. Anyone want to translate?

連載2本目はアフターザフューチャー第3章です☺️上のリンクから試し読みできます。
平和になった世界に新たな脅威が迫る。今、サイヤ人一千年の謎が明かされる。

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:01 am

Something about a Saiyan from 1000 years ago coming to earth. Maybe well see that Perfect Super Saiyan concept YJ did art of years and years ago make a appearence.

Or not. These images ARE at leas 6 years old. Guess well see.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:45 am

Xeztin wrote:Young Jijii's After the Future's 3rd arc has been announced to start after the end of Bardack After do to complete in 6 or 7 volumes. Anyone want to translate?

*snip*
Tweet:

The second series is After The Future Part 3. You can read more at the link above. In a now-peaceful world, a new threat approaches. Now, a thousand-year-old Saiyan mystery will be revealed.

Image:

After the Future Part 3
The Legendary Super Saiyan Arc
Saiyan evolution won't stop!
Starting in 2018!
Son Goku has finally returned. But in the middle of this time of peace, a new threat appears before Goku and his friends! Now, a thousand-year-old Saiyan mystery will be revealed!
*This is a fan publication.

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:19 pm

Cipher wrote:
Xeztin wrote:Young Jijii's After the Future's 3rd arc has been announced to start after the end of Bardack After do to complete in 6 or 7 volumes. Anyone want to translate?

*snip*
Tweet:

The second series is After The Future Part 3. You can read more at the link above. In a now-peaceful world, a new threat approaches. Now, a thousand-year-old Saiyan mystery will be revealed.

Image:

After the Future Part 3
Starting in 2018!
Son Goku has finally returned. But in the middle of this time of peace, a new threat appears before Goku and his friends! Now, a thousand-year-old Saiyan mystery will be revealed!
Oh god I want it. I loved the previous two arcs. Although Jiji traced some panels from the original manga (I don't really care), I think the plot and the art style were great. I'll be looking forward to it.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:45 pm

successoroffate wrote:
Cipher wrote:

*snip*
Tweet:

Image:

After the Future Part 3
Starting in 2018!
Oh god I want it. I loved the previous two arcs. Although Jiji traced some panels from the original manga (I don't really care), I think the plot and the art style were great. I'll be looking forward to it.
As far as I know he has the Gott arc planned after this from volume 17. Who knows if he will go beyond that though.

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:47 pm

Xeztin wrote:
successoroffate wrote:
Cipher wrote: Tweet:

Image:

After the Future Part 3
Starting in 2018!
As far as I know he has the Gott arc planned after this from volume 17. Who knows if he will go beyond that though.
So, the last one he published was the Shadow Dragons one right?
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:50 pm

Cipher wrote:

*snip*
Tweet:

Image:

After the Future Part 3
Starting in 2018!
:o :o :o :o oh WHAT!! get out!! a 3rd ARC nice i can't hardly wait!! thanks for the translation!!!

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:25 pm

successoroffate wrote:
Xeztin wrote:
successoroffate wrote:
So, the last one he published was the Shadow Dragons one right?
right, Ize was part 1 (arc 1) and shadow dragons part 2 which ended at volume 17.

tomac66
Beyond Newbie

Post by tomac66 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi, here you have the vol 6 in Japanese, I scanned and Xevious edited the pages, sorry for the long delay but both are too busy actually.

https://imgbox.com/g/5D0lgg1wuz

Best regards.

Riczi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Riczi » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:55 am

tomac66 wrote:Hi, here you have the vol 6 in Japanese, I scanned and Xevious edited the pages, sorry for the long delay but both are too busy actually.

https://imgbox.com/g/5D0lgg1wuz

Best regards.
Big thanks!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:25 pm

I finally read YoungJijii's DBAF! I liked his original ideas most, like Pan and Gohan's storyline, Goten becoming a dad and the Makai fighters and the new dragons. I was pretty exasperated by how the number of references increased the longer that the series went on. I hope he relies more on original poses from now on.

This inspired me to try my own hand at re-writing Dragon Ball GT now. :p
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:03 pm

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:59 pm

That guy looks a lot like Hit.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:42 am

macho_man wrote:Volume 18 just released!
https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/det ... 0&ref=list

That's a long fan manga!

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:00 pm

macho_man wrote:Volume 18 just released!
https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/det ... 0&ref=list

YAY!! now just waiting for english translation!!!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:46 pm

I remember reading some of this, where can I read the whole thing?

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:35 pm

Bullza wrote:I remember reading some of this, where can I read the whole thing?
If you are talking about the one from Youngjiji, there is plenty of places where you can find up to Volume 17 in English, don't know if it's against the rules to post links to that but yeah should be fairly easy, even for download.

Pretty cool for the sequel, hope to see a translation soon, already saw the French version and is only Goku and Vegeta so far with the new enemy and Vol 19 is close too and looks like is more of the same, really wanted to see something crazy stuff like SS4 Trunks and Goten but they are nowhere to be seen for now.

L·Lawliet
Not-So-Newbie

Post by L·Lawliet » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:51 am

infectedmann

Post by infectedmann » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:49 pm

You can read vol. 18 in english here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Dragon-Ball ... tab=albums