Dragon Ball characters project

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
hulkty
Banned
Posts: 766
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:03 pm

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by hulkty » Wed May 30, 2012 1:32 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Seriously, WTF does "being part of the story" have to do with a project that creates still images of characters? That's one reason I won't really support this. I understand the whole purpose is to bring all the characters into a current HQ anime style, but the anime isn't the only part of the franchise that exists and the rest of it needs love too.

Out of all the Specials, Movies, OVAs, next to none of them actually fit in with the main story without a problem and a lot of fans don't count GT as "canon". So while you may consider the Heroes characters as pointless additions that aren't part of the story of Dragon Ball, you're already including characters that basically fit that description to a lot of people. That's before even bringing up that most the Heroes characters do appear animated in the game's commercials (and Ultimate Tenkaichi/Blasts opening), and those are self-contained narratives with a beginning, climax and resolution.

As for DBO's ugly art, I've seen the original images for most of the characters in your packs, and some of them aren't pretty with their misshapen body parts, lopsided faces or uneven features. Since you fix up those characters to fit your standard, it wouldn't be hard to tweak the few fullbody DBO images to fit the old art style. Would even give you a chance to go back and recolor some of the original series characters in anime-styled manga colors, like seen in the Toei Color Revenge thread...or whatever its called.

I don't mean to sound angry or rude here (but it's probably going to come off sounding that way regardless), if you're going to classify parts of the franchise as unworthy of being included, then I sort of find this whole project and it's base purpose to be a bit hypocritical, and maybe a tad useless since it will always be incomplete in my eyes. I dunno, just my two cents...
...I agree. I'd love to see some good SSj3 Vegeta, LSSj3 Broly, and SSj3 Future Trunks renders from you guys.

User avatar
Raykugen
Regular
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:15 pm
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by Raykugen » Wed May 30, 2012 2:52 pm

hulkty wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Seriously, WTF does "being part of the story" have to do with a project that creates still images of characters? That's one reason I won't really support this. I understand the whole purpose is to bring all the characters into a current HQ anime style, but the anime isn't the only part of the franchise that exists and the rest of it needs love too.

Out of all the Specials, Movies, OVAs, next to none of them actually fit in with the main story without a problem and a lot of fans don't count GT as "canon". So while you may consider the Heroes characters as pointless additions that aren't part of the story of Dragon Ball, you're already including characters that basically fit that description to a lot of people. That's before even bringing up that most the Heroes characters do appear animated in the game's commercials (and Ultimate Tenkaichi/Blasts opening), and those are self-contained narratives with a beginning, climax and resolution.

As for DBO's ugly art, I've seen the original images for most of the characters in your packs, and some of them aren't pretty with their misshapen body parts, lopsided faces or uneven features. Since you fix up those characters to fit your standard, it wouldn't be hard to tweak the few fullbody DBO images to fit the old art style. Would even give you a chance to go back and recolor some of the original series characters in anime-styled manga colors, like seen in the Toei Color Revenge thread...or whatever its called.

I don't mean to sound angry or rude here (but it's probably going to come off sounding that way regardless), if you're going to classify parts of the franchise as unworthy of being included, then I sort of find this whole project and it's base purpose to be a bit hypocritical, and maybe a tad useless since it will always be incomplete in my eyes. I dunno, just my two cents...
...I agree. I'd love to see some good SSj3 Vegeta, LSSj3 Broly, and SSj3 Future Trunks renders from you guys.
Out of the project I do other restorations, and I would like to do them someday
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

User avatar
Raykugen
Regular
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:15 pm
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by Raykugen » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:39 am

PACK 3:
Image

Includes 33 illustrations in HQ of characters from DB, DBZ, DBGT and the movies (This time including Abo and Cado :wink: )
- 8 Characters from Dragon Ball
- 13 Characters from Dragon Ball Z
- 4 Characters from the movies /OVAs
- 8 Characters from Dragon Ball GT


DOWNLOAD: http://www.deviantart.com/download/3025 ... 505bgf.rar
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

User avatar
desirecampbell
Moderator
Posts: 4296
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:55 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:14 am

FUCK YES.

Jaetinh
Regular
Posts: 512
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:59 am

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by Jaetinh » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:20 pm

Thanks.

Hey Raykugen, I've got a question.

This lineart made by one of your members (VICDBZ):
http://vicdbz.deviantart.com/art/Linear ... 6503&qo=24

How come this wasn't coloured and included in one of the packs yet? The lineart was made over a year ago and it looks really good.

User avatar
Raykugen
Regular
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:15 pm
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by Raykugen » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Jaetinh wrote:Thanks.

Hey Raykugen, I've got a question.

This lineart made by one of your members (VICDBZ):
http://vicdbz.deviantart.com/art/Linear ... 6503&qo=24

How come this wasn't coloured and included in one of the packs yet? The lineart was made over a year ago and it looks really good.

He does thousands of linearts that aren't in the project yet or doesn't gonna be in. Linearts like this it's because we don't find someone interested in colouring, we usually have problems like this
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

Codarik
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1019
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:20 am
Location: Snake Way

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by Codarik » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:31 am

Loving these, please keep 'em coming!

User avatar
Raykugen
Regular
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:15 pm
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by Raykugen » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:09 am

Image
http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/art/Ne ... -312201347
Mystic Gohan Lineart & Colour By ~orco05 Effects By Tekilazo

Kaioh Shin Planet Background By ~Txikimorin

Card Design By Tekilazo, ~Raykugen,~maffo1989,~orco05 & ~dbkaifan2009


Hello everyone, this will be the new design for the cards of DBZ. We are very happy for this final result, it was a teamwork. We want to give to the new two members of the project a very warm welcome, they use as nickname ~Txikimorin, they are twins, and they done a magnificient work doing the background of the Kaioh Shin planet.
To the people who is always asking the same, YES, THERE WILL BE RENDERS WITH AND WITHOUT EFFECTS.

This is only a presentation which we wanted to do since a long time ago and change the ugly old template of DBZ.
Unfortunately we'll still using the ugly old design for the cards till we got a background finished for a new render. I hope this year we could get enough backgrounds. The good stuff is always worth waiting for.

Regards
Tekilazo
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

User avatar
desirecampbell
Moderator
Posts: 4296
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:55 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:26 am

So crisp! :mrgreen:

mattymoron
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:28 am
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by mattymoron » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:02 am

Will you guys be replacing the backgrounds of the old images with this new one?

User avatar
dbboxkaifan
Banned
Posts: 8906
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:29 am

Great.

Where do you guys share the download links for all packs?

I tried Page 1 here but those MediaFire urls are off.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

User avatar
DNA
I Live Here
Posts: 4212
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by DNA » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:56 pm

So apparently you left the team Raikugen? What was the reason for this, if you don't mind talking about it? And I see you've taken up commissions instead.
Dragon Box Archives, in search of the best possible releases.

Join our Discord server!

User avatar
Raykugen
Regular
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:15 pm
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by Raykugen » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:59 pm

DNA wrote:So apparently you left the team Raikugen? What was the reason for this, if you don't mind talking about it? And I see you've taken up commissions instead.
*raykugen
what makes you think that?
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

User avatar
DNA
I Live Here
Posts: 4212
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by DNA » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:38 am

The comments on the deviantART account.
Dragon Box Archives, in search of the best possible releases.

Join our Discord server!

User avatar
Raykugen
Regular
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:15 pm
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by Raykugen » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:20 am

What comments? ._.
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

User avatar
DNA
I Live Here
Posts: 4212
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by DNA » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:24 am

Forget about it. So you haven't left the team, that's good.
Amazing Broli Super Saiyan 3 by the way, too bad it's watermarked, although I get why it is :C
Dragon Box Archives, in search of the best possible releases.

Join our Discord server!

User avatar
Raykugen
Regular
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:15 pm
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by Raykugen » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:31 am

Well, I think you are talking about the last comments of the dbcproject profile.
We usually do jokes like that, we're just kidding, but yes, at the moment, I left the project, there was ideas that I didn't liked and ideas from me which weren't liked.
I don't know if I'll back, but I left it.
And about the Broly, thank you so much, and yes, I would like to share it, but I can't
Last edited by Raykugen on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

User avatar
DNA
I Live Here
Posts: 4212
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by DNA » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:05 pm

That is unfortunate, but I totally understand, been there, done that. Maybe things will work out in the future.
As for Broli, well, you can always restore another image of him :P
Dragon Box Archives, in search of the best possible releases.

Join our Discord server!

User avatar
hleV
Banned
Posts: 3325
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Lithuania

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by hleV » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:28 am

Could use working download links.. for every pack.

User avatar
Raykugen
Regular
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:15 pm
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by Raykugen » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:42 am

hleV wrote:Could use working download links.. for every pack.
Updated links. There is 2 more packs in the gallery. I left the project and I will not post anymore in this threat, sorry, If you are interested in more images go to the deviantart gallery.
This threat would back to life and be updated with the packs, but it looks no one of the project are interested...
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

Post Reply