Aborted Fanfiction

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

caejones
I Live Here

Aborted Fanfiction

Post by caejones » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:01 am

So, I'm sure some of us have, at one point or another, had an idea that seemed like it'd make an awesome bit of fanfiction at the time. Then we realized that it just plain sucked, or maybe we realized that it was ok but we would never actually write it.
Well, I was thinking it might be fun (or theraputic) to post some of those never-to-see-the-light-of-day ideas. So by all means, let this thread serve that purpose. (Would it be in bad taste to compare it to where aborted fetuses wind up? :oops: )

So I'll go first.

Some people might remember that rumor (I only ever heard about it because Julian mentioned it in a podcast episode) about a third Son child named Son Goshin ((Go)Ten (Go)shin (Go)han).
So I thought I'd try to make something of this, and try to build a storyline around it that tied in to as much of the series proper as possible.
The result was Dr. Gero creating a genetically engineered clone using DNA from Goku and maybe Raditz ... and Gohan? Well, the point is, Gero created a part-saiyan as part of his Cell project. He decided it wasn't worth keeping, though, so dumped the child somewhere, but programmed him so that if he ever heard of something going south with Gero's projects, his killswitch would be flipped.
So this happened when this Goshin heard about Cell's defeat. I'm assuming he's living at an orphanage at this point, and is younger than Gohan but older than Goten.
Of course, the reports are that Mr. Satan defeated Cell, so Goshin tries to hunt down the champ, only to get tased by some random security guards. Humiliated, he runs off into the woods to train so that he can actually fight worth crap.
And while out training he runs into Tenshinhan, learns who really beat Cell, almost reaches Goku/Gohan only to be knocked out in one of Buu's random explosions...
But eventually he manages to catch up with the Son family. They decide to have him fight Goten first. It's relatively even a match. Goshin is all angsty.
And then I decided to randomly have the rimnent of Freeza's empire try to attack Earth, only to get thwarted by Piccolo, resulting in all the Z-warriors heading into space to confront the empire. Who had an imposter posing as Freeza in an attempt to maintain stability. The imposter winds up in a position where he either has to fight people much stronger than him, or run for it. So he runs for it. Being that they're in a spaceship at the time, he blows a hole in it in the hope that this will make things worse on the Earthlings. They just weld the hole shut.
I don't remember how it continued, exactly. I think everyone got split up on some random planet, and it ended with Goku and Vegeta confronting a bunch of King Cold's old hunting buddies, who try to use some kind of poison or disease. But... ur... the Z-people win, somehow.

Obviously, my Goshin would probably receive lots of eye-rolls, and the way the plot switches halfway through is just silly. And I've just never really felt like writing it.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Godo
I Live Here

Re: Aborted Fanfiction

Post by Godo » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:33 am

I once started on a fanfiction where Kuririn was the only survivor of the Cell Games and was left alive so that Cell could have a living punching bag. Eventually Kuririn would become strong enough in some kind of way to offer some resistance, but I never got that far.

Booney
Beyond Newbie

Post by Booney » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:37 am

I had one of those cliché lost Saiyan Warriors.
He was megasuperduper strong because his mom was a Kaioshin.

But then the Kaiju tree came along and reduced my bad fanfic too an even more ridiculous one.
Kinda pissed me off because I always try to fit my stories in my Dragonball canon.
[url=http://superbooney.deviantart.com/]My DeviantART[/url]

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Post by Akumaito Beam » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:50 am

I wrote a couple chapters into a story where a teenage Goten and Trunks just hung out and had wacky misadventures when I was around 14. I think chapter one had something to do with Trunks talking Goten into dating some girl and chapter two had something to do with space travel. Cliche but less embarrassing than it could have been I suppose.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:41 am

I once had an idea of writing a GohanxPiccolo fanfic in which Gohan was gender-swapped, Namekians actually had genders and were sexually compatible with Saiyans, and they had a child which was a Saiyan-Namekian hybrid. It never came to fruition, as I realized that I can't write romance nor do I like it, it would be totally retarded for me to fuck up with the biology of those two races writing-wise, and I don't like the idea of someone like Piccolo being "in love" with anyone. If I were to do that, it wouldn't be at all in-character, for both Piccolo and Gohan.

I also have a fanfic that I've started writing, but haven't continued, either due to writer's block or just because I can't think of how to progress the story. It was about the three years leading up to the Androids, detailing how Bulma dumped Yamcha and seduced Vegeta, as well as original plot ideas of Yamcha hating Vegeta and a secret affair between Yamcha and Chi-Chi. Someday, I'm going to rewrite it or something, once I get better at writing. I guess it's not really an aborted fanfiction, more of an on-hold one, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I also had a idea of this comedy fanfic detailing the wacky adventures of Mr. Boo and Mr. Satan, set after the Boo arc. But again, with a lot of ideas I've thought about making into fanfics, I don't know where to start nor how to progress it, as I'm not experienced enough in writing to write a fanfic I'd be proud of.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:20 am

Mine was your usual Dragon Ball GT sequel where Frie­za has another brother who comes looking for revenge. I wrote quite a few chapter, but realized I was going nowhere and eventually stopped writing entirely. However, I'm making sure my latest fic, which is in my sig, goes on with an ending. I actually have a lot of fun writing it.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:28 am

I don't know if this counts but I once started drawing a hentai/humor comic about Android 18 and Goku. Basically it was about how 18 was curious about the Saiyan libido and tricks Goku into sleeping with her. Eventually she finds out that Goku is too much for her to handle and she wonders how Chichi was able to keep up with him. I drew this a while back when I was in high school and wish I still had the comic pages with me to share. I'm sure it's somewhere in my mom's house but I have dig through a lot of crap just to find it.

Halfway through I eventually dropped it because... well, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe it was because I lost interest in the pairing. I'm more of a GokuxChichi fan anyway.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:59 pm

it ended with Goku and Vegeta confronting a bunch of King Cold's old hunting buddies, who try to use some kind of poison or disease.
Wow, odd coincidence there. I remember an idea for a DBZ story I had a while back, where at one point Goku would end up on Freeza's homeworld where some of King Cold's buddies (weak-but-influential politician types, basically the guys he assigned to rule over the homeworld while he was off conquering other places I guess) attempted to kill him by releasing a parasitic creature they had genetically engineered. Goku would've managed to fight it off/avoid it pretty easily, but then when he came back to Earth he would find that, after giving up on targeting Goku directly, King Cold's buddies decided to send the parasite to Earth (which led into what was basically my replacement of the Baby saga of GT; the parasite was a body-snatching type that could either plant spores in people to make them mindless zombie-type fighters, or infest someone with its main body to take control.)

If I had actually written this, Vegeta would have been taken over like in GT, but he wouldn't have been the "end boss" type fight--that would've been a parasite-controlled Gotenks, after Goten and Trunks showed up to help fight off the parasite-controlled Vegeta and the parasite decided to jump over to the new fusion's body instead.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:45 pm

Scarz wrote:I don't know if this counts but I once started drawing a hentai/humor comic about Android 18 and Goku. Basically it was about how 18 was curious about the Saiyan libido and tricks Goku into sleeping with her. Eventually she finds out that Goku is too much for her to handle and she wonders how Chichi was able to keep up with him. I drew this a while back when I was in high school and wish I still had the comic pages with me to share. I'm sure it's somewhere in my mom's house but I have dig through a lot of crap just to find it.

Halfway through I eventually dropped it because... well, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe it was because I lost interest in the pairing. I'm more of a GokuxChichi fan anyway.
Well.... I'm sure if your mother ever comes across them she'll let you know. :P
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:13 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:Well.... I'm sure if your mother ever comes across them she'll let you know. :P
:lol: Oh lord, I hope not.

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:51 pm

I started one where the walls of the universe broke and a being from another universe invaded the Dragon Ball universe, replacing GT. The effects of the wall breaking caused black holes to form everywhere and all the planets were being destroyed. A black hole forms on Earth and Vegeta goes to try and destroy it though sensing he is going to get himself killed the other powerful Z warriors go to try and stop him from getting sucked into its gravitational pull. Meanwhile, back at Kami's tower, the other Z fighters are gathered to discuss the strange predicament which, through communication with the Kais, is happening everywhere. Suddenly, a dark figure appears in the sky, and begins to talk to them about sensing that this planet contained the strongest power levels in this universe, and that he had destroyed his universe and broken through its wall, flown through the negative energy separating the universes and broken into theirs. Thus causing negative energy to leak into their universe and being to distort the matter. So the Earth would eventually be destroyed and stuff and I thought that is where Dragon Ball would need to go in order to create a being powerful enough to stand a chance against the Z fighters, not just more evil scientist robots and random aliens.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:05 pm

Scarz wrote:
Kingdom Heartless wrote:Well.... I'm sure if your mother ever comes across them she'll let you know. :P
:lol: Oh lord, I hope not.
Well, who knows, she might like it. :wink:
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:36 pm

After GT, Vegeta, still destined for Hell upon dying, wishes for immortality. Tens of thousands of years later, he's taken Dende's place as the God of an Imperial Earth as the next age of superpowered guys begins.

Nex Carnifex wrote:A black hole forms on Earth and Vegeta goes to try and destroy it though sensing he is going to get himself killed the other powerful Z warriors go to try and stop him from getting sucked into its gravitational pull.
nnaaaaaaaaagggghhhhh

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:22 pm

Rocketman wrote:After GT, Vegeta, still destined for Hell upon dying, wishes for immortality. Tens of thousands of years later, he's taken Dende's place as the God of an Imperial Earth as the next age of superpowered guys begins.

Nex Carnifex wrote:A black hole forms on Earth and Vegeta goes to try and destroy it though sensing he is going to get himself killed the other powerful Z warriors go to try and stop him from getting sucked into its gravitational pull.
nnaaaaaaaaagggghhhhh
lol, why not?

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:36 pm

1. A black hole is a hole. You can't destroy a hole.

2. A black hole appearing on Earth would immediately start to swallow the planet. Air would be sucked in easiest, but it would also yank the oceans from their beds and warp the ground towards it.

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Post by Akumaito Beam » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:00 am

Rocketman wrote:1. A black hole is a hole. You can't destroy a hole.

2. A black hole appearing on Earth would immediately start to swallow the planet. Air would be sucked in easiest, but it would also yank the oceans from their beds and warp the ground towards it.
You get around this by not calling it a blackhole but something alien and really dumb, preferably a food pun. Now it works however you want it to work.

N' NOW YOU'RE WRITIN' THE TORIYAMA WAY!

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:04 am

I thought a black hole was not literally a "hole," but just an area where so much stuff has compressed into such a tiny space (like after a really big star "dies," and all the stuff from said star kind of collapses in to a very, very small area compared to what would be normal for that much stuff) that it has ridiculous gravity and pulls other stuff around it in.

Of course, black holes are one of those things that we haven't been able to test anywhere near close up (both for obvious reasons and because all of them are just so far away from Earth), so there's probably a bunch of different theories on exactly how they work...

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:53 am

Pantalones wrote:I thought a black hole was not literally a "hole," but just an area where so much stuff has compressed into such a tiny space (like after a really big star "dies," and all the stuff from said star kind of collapses in to a very, very small area compared to what would be normal for that much stuff) that it has ridiculous gravity and pulls other stuff around it in.
Yes, and that supercompressed point is called a singularity. It is forever collapsing, smaller and smaller, because its gravity is so powerful nothing can stop it from collapsing.

A black hole is the region of space around a singularity where nothing can escape the gravitational pull of the singularity. You can't "destroy it" because there is nothing there.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:06 am

Never had plans to write this out as a fanfiction, but this was the little plotline I created for all of the drawings I made.

Back in middle school I came up with some story about how all of the baddies got revived, lead by Raditz and Nappa (the former of whom had cut his hair and become a SSj). So Goku and Vegeta using the mutli form to split in two, one pairing merging into Gogeta, the other into Vegetto. Then Those two merged into a character I named Gogetto. Gogetto and the baddies wound up going to a different planet, and all of them save for Raditz were wiped out. Raditz was somehow capable of fighting evenly with Gogetto, and they eventually kept one upping each other until they were battling as SSj4s. The planet they were on eventually blew up, leaving Gogetto the victor.

Later on Gogetto fought some kind of demonic version of Evil Buu, with pure red eyes, and horns (similar to King Cold's or Freeza's in his 2nd form) which I named Omega Buu. Don't remember the premise of this plotline, but Gogetto eventually reached a stage above SSj4, which I named Omega SSj (don't know what my fascination with the word was), which looked like SSj1 but with orange hair instead (makes PERFECT sense for the stage above SSj4, right?). There was also an Omega SSj2, beyond that was the "Shining SSj" which was essentially SSj with blue hair, and the final stage was "Neon SSj" which was basically a neon green recolor of SSj4.

And the final villain of this convoluted piece of garbage was a cheap fusion of Freeza, Cell, Buu, and Yi Xing Long who I named "Majenga Freezellnron".

SSJ YUSUKE
    Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ YUSUKE » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:28 am

After watching the Dark Tournament saga of Yu Yu Hakusho I was inspired to do a rewrite of the Freeza saga. Basically my idea was to have Piccolo barely survive the fight with the sayians so that everyone could get wished back straight away. With everyone back there would be no need to look for the dragonballs on Namek, so instead of that I decided to completly change the story line.
    First off once in a blue moon Freeza will host an inter galactic tournament, with teams from all over the universe competing to win a mysterious prize. Of course this is all a cover up, Freeza in fact uses the tournament to identify races with great potential and he will either try to win them over to his side or destroy them, this is basically what happend to the sayians in this fanfic as soon as Freeza saw the potential of the sayians in the tournament he deicided to get rid of them.
    After hearing of Vegeta's humiliating defeat to the Z senshi a paranoid Freeza decides that it is yet again time to host the tournament to eliminate any early threats before they become big.
    So the Z senshi are invited to compete in the tournament, the team consisting of Goku, Piccolo, Tienshinhan, Kurririn and Yamcha.
    Basically I was going to use villians from the first couple of movies, with altered origins and for some lower power levels as their opponents, such as Garlick jnr, Lord Slug, Turles,etc.
    Though the team they really have to look out for would be the sinister Ginyu force.
    Freeza himself would not be as strong as he was in the series because I did not want the Z senshi to become too over powered.
    Vegeta would not be in the tournament but he would be in the working in the background, killing henchman, secretly trying to bring down Freeza.
    I never got down to writing the story and finishing all the finer details, so it's always been something I've wanted to start writing.