Dragonball Z - The Ocean Fan Dub

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gonstead
I Live Here

Dragonball Z - The Ocean Fan Dub

Post by Gonstead » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:32 am

Hey there!

If you have seen the title, then you must already know what I'm talking about.

I'm running a project on a channel of mine on Youtube relating to said title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of4UlqBo3xQ

That's right, it's a Ocean styled fandub of DBZ. I've already got a few Youtube members casted as some character roles in the Fandub.

Examples are shown below.

MrWWFattitudefan is cast as Goku

EXAMPLE OF VOICE ACTING: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkTbMPcjjgo

MyVegetaaa is cast as Vegeta

EXAMPLE OF VOICE ACTING:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJTjMtj3Lbk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9YHYCUspNc

deadbynightupbylunch is cast as The Ginyu Force (Except Recoome)

EXAMPLE OF VOICE ACTING: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0L7rpZF6aw and first video at top of page

Recoome is played by Thanos (Daizex Forums)

EXAMPLE OF VOICE ACTING: http://soundcloud.com/cleric313/recoome-audition-2

Stix1800 is cast as Young Gohan

EXAMPLE OF VOICE ACTING: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN5zYSfzdvY

GJliz is cast as Frieza (Note: The voice pitch is slightly edited)

EXAMPLE OF VOICE ACTING: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFlcNgH2pK8

Dracomancer350 is cast as Cooler for Movie 5 and 6

EXAMPLE OF VOICE ACTING: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3FjpFqrRLk

If you wish to audition for the project, please email me at DBZOceanFanDub@live.com. Please state the character you are auditioning for and 2 or 3 voice clips attached so I can examine and see if your good for the project.

For a list of roles currently open, please visit the main Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/DBZOceanFanDub and on the left is a list of all characters that currently are available.

I hope you all enjoy this project.
Last edited by Gonstead on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Gonstead
I Live Here

Re: Dragonball Z - The Ocean Fan Dub

Post by Gonstead » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:38 am

List of scenes done so far

Jeice and Burter attack Goku - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQcjPoLxkp4

Piccolo's Arrival - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K9S3QOBNzc

Crusher Ball! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5bg3N6_ls8

Have Fun Kakarot! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bftz_vG4Hpk

Trunks Kill's Frieza (Kai Style) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pdEqZeP9Hk

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Ginyu - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTMBxCwsHbc
Last edited by Gonstead on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:37 am

General comment on your mixing: I don't know if this is how your actors are sending the lines, but you tend to cut them off near the end at a point where it sounds unnatural and the line doesn't get to finish.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:53 am

bkev wrote:General comment on your mixing: I don't know if this is how your actors are sending the lines, but you tend to cut them off near the end at a point where it sounds unnatural and the line doesn't get to finish.
Sometimes it's a case of how I receive the lines and how I chop them up.

These are only small scenes and I handled the mixing in them. For full episodes, attitudefan handles that.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Yup! Though in the furure, We could give Raw footage to the actors for lip syncing if they want to.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:34 pm

Attitudefan wrote:Yup! Though in the future, We could give Raw footage to the actors for lip syncing if they want to.
Good idea.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:40 am

*UPDATE*

Well guys, we may not have a perfect Krillin or Bulma on our hands, but nothing can be perfect now can they?

*Krillin and Bulma have been cast. Check them out here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RWJWwvK1jY

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:09 pm

Gonstead wrote:*UPDATE*

Well guys, we may not have a perfect Krillin or Bulma on our hands, but nothing can be perfect now can they?

*Krillin and Bulma have been cast. Check them out here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RWJWwvK1jY
I've seen that before. Not bad, not bad.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:02 pm

*UPDATE*'

King Cold voice is being kept the same.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:38 pm

Gonstead wrote:*UPDATE*'

Great! I guess :?

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Attitudefan wrote:

It was the first option, the one we've had all along.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:27 pm

Gonstead wrote:
Attitudefan wrote:

It was the first option, the one we've had all along.
Yeah, I saw that today. I like them both though...

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:57 pm

UPDATE

Zarbon has been cast

Recoome has been re-cast

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:03 am

Why all the recasting?

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:21 am

Recoome is the only one who has been re-cast.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:36 am

Gonstead wrote:Recoome is the only one who has been re-cast.
Is deadbynightupbylunch aware of this change?

Oh and my audition was sent.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:50 am

Yes, he is aware and he doesn't mind it.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:18 am

Gonstead wrote:Yes, he is aware and he doesn't mind it.
So why the change then? Rather have somebody who sounds closer to Recoome or just because he was playing to many characters?

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:40 am

Attitudefan wrote:
So why the change then? Rather have somebody who sounds closer to Recoome or just because he was playing to many characters?
Thanos auditioned for Recoome since he thought deadbynightupbylunch perhaps was playing too many roles. He sent in an audition and his Recoome interested me and so I told him to do a couple lines and he did good, so I went and re-cast Recoome and deadbynightupbylunch didn't mind this when I sent him a message about it.

Everyone's happy with their roles.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:56 pm

Gonstead wrote:
Attitudefan wrote:
Thanos auditioned for Recoome since he thought deadbynightupbylunch perhaps was playing too many roles. He sent in an audition and his Recoome interested me and so I told him to do a couple lines and he did good, so I went and re-cast Recoome and deadbynightupbylunch didn't mind this when I sent him a message about it.

Everyone's happy with their roles.
Just wondering haha!