Really good german fandub

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Really good german fandub

Post by sangofe » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:24 pm

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Really good german fandub

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:38 pm

Goku sounds strangely like MasakoX. But, yeah, that was pretty good

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:45 am

Holy crap, he sounds EXACTLY like MasakoX! And also, Movie 2 with Kai score?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:44 am

That was a pretty solid performance for me right there.

In terms of ranking the voices.

1. Goku
2. Gohan
3. Krillin
4. Everyone else
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:01 pm

ConfusedPhantom wrote:Goku sounds strangely like MasakoX. But, yeah, that was pretty good
He did fandubs WAY BEFORE MasakoX. :mrgreen:

Yeah, It's pretty good. Although I'm disappointed because the pitch effect on the henchmen is too heavy. I played Ebifurya and the day we recorded the lines I was pretty knocked out because of all the screams (we did another clip that day and some professional voice work right before these). Too bad it sounds like an average cartoon monster now.
Oh and the Yamamoto score also annoys me.

hudemx

Post by hudemx » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:26 pm

Even as one of the few who liked the german dub of DBZ this sound pretty good!

Sadly since Kazé ownes the complete Dragonball Franchise over here those voiceactors will never be in a german dub of Kai :/ (IF it ever gets dubbed...)
One of the few...

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:21 pm

It's fine, but like MosakoX, it lacks the annoying quality along with the intensity.