MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 4/23/19!)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 4/23/19!)

Post by Kid Buu » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:35 pm

What I like about this section is seeing Goku bond with Gohan. Didn't see much of that before.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Tavarano
Not-So-Newbie

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 12/31/18!)

Post by Tavarano » Sat May 11, 2019 5:03 pm

Kid Buu wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:26 pm
After reading this I'm starting to speculate if Goku is a troll character based on the troll author himself.
There is definitely a similarity, Toriyama treats raping Lady Red as an author in innocent manner, just like Goku does about everything, as much as everyone likes to argue that Goku is an inconsistent character, there is a sense of solid consistency in these 3 moments from beginning until the end.
Kid Buu wrote:What I like about this section is seeing Goku bond with Gohan. Didn't see much of that before.
Well it is an example of Toriyama's mean humor, with the joke being that Gohan had to wait 4 years for his fishing trip that Goku promised during the saiyan arc and it ended up being shitty in the end as Goku ruined the mood lying about cell games.

Dragon Ball Gus
OMG CRAZY REG

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 4/23/19!)

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat May 18, 2019 2:58 pm

Hi, Mistare Lance (Hope you don't mind the pun I did right there). So, re-watching your review of The Return of Cool- I mean, Clash!! 10,000,000,000 Powerful Warriors!, I noticed that you called Meta Cooler (or Coola, please don't get angry at me for saying the dub name. Pretty please!) "Metal" Cooler, which from what I heard is a mistranslation. What made you want to say "Metal" instead of Meta?
Caulifla best girl! :)