Dragon Ball Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kuriza510

Dragon Ball Abridged

Post by Kuriza510 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:35 pm

I recently decided to try to create a quality Dragon Ball Abridged Series, so I just need a few things.
1. Voice Actors
2. Writers
3. A Name

I need a channel name. Because I can't think of a name for the channel. It has to do something with the original DB series.
Favorite Dragonball Related Characters (Good): Goku Jr, Future Trunks, Future Gohan, Goten, Young/GT Goku, Fat Majinn/Mr. Buu Android 18, Master Roshi, Kuririn, Oolong, Tapion, Uub, Neko Majinn Z, Neko Majinn Mike

Favorite Dragonball Related Characters (Bad): Kuriza, Android 15, Buu, Pilaf, Tullece, Cell (First Form), Vegeta, Android 17, Android 18, Commander Red

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Dragon Ball Abridged

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:51 pm

So you... don't have anything at all... but you want to do this project...?

You might want to reevaluate your... well... lack of plans.

Hate to be so blunt, but if you don't have ANYTHING planned out, you're simply never going to get anything off the ground.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kuriza510

Post by Kuriza510 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:13 am

I actually do have a lot of the series written out. I just posted this topic to see if anybody would like to help. I already have most of the footage for the series, and I have editing "skills" and programs, all I need is voice actors and some writers also. Now for the name I couldn't think of anything creative that has to do with DB. So thats why I posted this in a DB fan forum.
Favorite Dragonball Related Characters (Good): Goku Jr, Future Trunks, Future Gohan, Goten, Young/GT Goku, Fat Majinn/Mr. Buu Android 18, Master Roshi, Kuririn, Oolong, Tapion, Uub, Neko Majinn Z, Neko Majinn Mike

Favorite Dragonball Related Characters (Bad): Kuriza, Android 15, Buu, Pilaf, Tullece, Cell (First Form), Vegeta, Android 17, Android 18, Commander Red

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:42 pm

Kuriza510 wrote:I actually do have a lot of the series written out. I just posted this topic to see if anybody would like to help. I already have most of the footage for the series, and I have editing "skills" and programs, all I need is voice actors and some writers also. Now for the name I couldn't think of anything creative that has to do with DB. So thats why I posted this in a DB fan forum.
I'd be interested in trying out as a voice actor.
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

Kuriza510

Post by Kuriza510 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:01 am

These are the open roles forain characters in the first season...

- Goku
- Bulma
- Master Roshi
- Oolong
- Yamcha
- Puar
- Monster Carrot
- Shu
- Mai
- Ox-King
- Chi-Chi
- Shenron

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:15 pm

Kuriza510 wrote:These are the open roles forain characters in the first season...

- Goku
- Bulma
- Master Roshi
- Oolong
- Yamcha
- Puar
- Monster Carrot
- Shu
- Mai
- Ox-King
- Chi-Chi
- Shenron
How well do you need to be able to pronounce?

Kuriza510

Post by Kuriza510 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:14 pm

And what do you mean by that?

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:29 pm

Kuriza510 wrote:And what do you mean by that?
If English isn't someone's first language, how well do they have to be able to speak/pronounce it?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:47 pm

Thinking I was going to see a video of DBA, but it's actually a project.

It'd be cool if TFS did it also, but they've already got too much on their hands to deal with.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:46 pm

I can't really help you with anything, but my advice would be to create the channel or group with the catchy name, then do a video about what you want to do with the project, what you need and what you already have. Then try to promote it... maybe in the old "HEY THERE COME TO MY CHANNEL" Comments on youtube. LOL. anyways, good luck on that.

Masa95000

Post by Masa95000 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:28 pm

I would also be interested in auditioning for voice acting. I also have experience using Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, and Apple's Final Cut Pro.

(Plus I just know that there are some riffs I've done with friends based on the series, I just gotta remember them.)

Kuriza510

Post by Kuriza510 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:53 pm

If anybody would like to help with thus project please PM me and tell me how you would like to contribute to this project.

I still also need a name for the channel such as Team Four Star or Red Ribbon Forces