Dragonball Z: Saiyan Saga - Help make this happen!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tracer1
Beyond Newbie

Dragonball Z: Saiyan Saga - Help make this happen!

Post by Tracer1 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:00 am

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Re: Dragonball Z: Saiyan Saga - Help make this happen!

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:52 am

Ahhh, I thought this was going to be a petition for a Saiyan Saga Blu-Ray set. :P
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

gohan2k
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan2k » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:35 am

Wow this looks impressive!! I hope it all goes well for them.
[quote="TripleRach"]I don't like Vegeta much. He spends most of the series as a whiny bitch.[/quote]

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:47 am

Oh wow, it's starting to feel like 2001-04 again lol. Sounds promising for a fan movie.

Snail

Post by Snail » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:49 am

Donating after my paycheque.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:02 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:Ahhh, I thought this was going to be a petition for a Saiyan Saga Blu-ray set. :P
Dang it, me too. I was disappointed.

Anywho, if they're with Machinima then possibly it can turn to a great fan-film/series, just look at Gamers Zombie Series, Mortal Kombat Legacy and the new Splinter Cell Extinction fan-series, oh.. SCE already existed like a year ago.

Though, SCE is finally getting a move on with the first episode being released. Splinter Cell is an awesome game, loved all of them (Chaos Theory is the best one).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Good for these dudes for doing something like this. Evolution was so utterly disappointing, it will be very interesting to see how this turns out if it does eventually come to fruition.

funrush

Post by funrush » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:54 pm

This looks cool! So, are they just making a trailer, or are they doing a full movie?

enapace
Beyond Newbie

Post by enapace » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:54 pm

funrush wrote:This looks cool! So, are they just making a trailer, or are they doing a full movie?
Just a trailer I believe.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:57 pm

This looks really cool. Though, if anything, DBZ does not need a live action adaption but a 'Disney' treatment. A 2 hour long DB movie with an original new story and awesome animation.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Attitudefan wrote:This looks really cool. Though, if anything, DBZ does not need a live action adaption but a 'Disney' treatment. A 2 hour long DB movie with an original new story and awesome animation.
Agreed! The old Disney was awesome back in the day. The Animation was top notch as far as the flow of movement and stuff. I'm not trying to bash on anyone that likes or would like a live action movie of Dragonball, but I just don't ever see a masterpiece ever happening. ''In my Opinion'' they should just stop with the live action stuff and focus on a great animated film.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:59 pm

samuraix123 wrote:
Attitudefan wrote:This looks really cool. Though, if anything, DBZ does not need a live action adaption but a 'Disney' treatment. A 2 hour long DB movie with an original new story and awesome animation.
Agreed! The old Disney was awesome back in the day. The Animation was top notch as far as the flow of movement and stuff. I'm not trying to bash on anyone that likes or would like a live action movie of Dragonball, but I just don't ever see a masterpiece ever happening. ''In my Opinion'' they should just stop with the live action stuff and focus on a great animated film.
That is the truth. I am afraid it will look like a low budget Kung-Fu movie except they also fly in the air.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Attitudefan wrote:
samuraix123 wrote:
That is the truth. I am afraid it will look like a low budget Kung-Fu movie except they also fly in the air.
Image :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:09 pm

Yeah, exactly what I'm afraid of :lol:

Fulicer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fulicer » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:10 pm

I wonder how they're going to pull off Piccolo...and what script they're going to use. An older dub script (non-Kai) combined with a small budget might make it into the cheesy low-budget Kung Fu movie that you're expecting.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:21 am

$10,000 seems kind of low for a 45 minute film given the kind of effects work needed to pull off half convincing work, but hey, more power to them.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

gohan2k
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan2k » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:34 am

Actually the trailers gonna be 4 to 5 minutes long so it's an extended trailer

They've got the animated version of what they're gonna use (clips taken from the show) here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... cmgtgya-fw

The editing and music and stuff is pretty impressive. I hope it all goes well for them.
Last edited by gohan2k on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="TripleRach"]I don't like Vegeta much. He spends most of the series as a whiny bitch.[/quote]

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:42 am

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:$10,000 seems kind of low for a 45 minute film given the kind of effects work needed to pull off half convincing work, but hey, more power to them.
That is for the trailer...

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:47 pm

sangofe wrote:
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:$10,000 seems kind of low for a 45 minute film given the kind of effects work needed to pull off half convincing work, but hey, more power to them.
That is for the trailer...
For some reason I heard "four to five" as "forty-five", haha. I blame it being insanely early in the morning when I watched the video.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:00 pm

This could work and good luck to the people that are trying hard on this video. Just like Street Fighter, most people feel like DB won't work in live action but I think it could depending who runs the movie. James Wong and 20th Century Fox did not seem to care about the movie at all and Fox knew that DBE was doom from the start since they hardly market the film in the US.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/