Dragonball Z: Saiyan Saga - Help make this happen!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Re: Dragonball Z: Saiyan Saga - Help make this happen!

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:24 pm

Eh, Gohan is okay. It still looks a tad cheap and low-budget, though nowhere near as bad as Radditz and Nappa.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Aside from the fact that his clothes look too tight and streamlined, where in the manga/anime its more puffed and baggy, he looks pretty good. I wonder what the Goku's gi will look like. I hope they keep his correct Kanji.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Insertclevername wrote:I wonder what the Goku's gi will look like. I hope they keep his correct Kanji.
Most likely the same as the Yamcha clothing. Same goes for Krillin.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:41 pm

Gonstead wrote:
Insertclevername wrote:I wonder what the Goku's gi will look like. I hope they keep his correct Kanji.
Most likely, I doubt they would make a separate outfit for his Kaio training.

Also, It would be cool later on, if they made a sequel to do something like this for Gohan.

Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

SSJToreto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJToreto » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:27 am

Insertclevername wrote:
Gonstead wrote:
Most likely, I doubt they would make a separate outfit for his Kaio training.

Also, It would be cool later on, if they made a sequel to do something like this for Gohan.

Please, no... That would just make him look like cosplayer. It's hard to make the characters appear "life-like" as it is, trying to replicate the anime 100% will just make them look cheesy(er).

So far the characters look decent, but just that - decent. IMO Dragon Ball just doesn't work as a live action thing.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:43 am

SSJToreto wrote:
Insertclevername wrote:

<Snip>
Please, no... That would just make him look like cosplayer. It's hard to make the characters appear "life-like" as it is, trying to replicate the anime 100% will just make them look cheesy(er).

So far the characters look decent, but just that - decent. IMO Dragon Ball just doesn't work as a live action thing.
Well I was referring to more of the clothes aspect not really the hair as its just unrealistic. I honestly don't see whats wrong with the clothes other than the fact that they look too clean and bright, but that can easily be changed.

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:47 pm

VERY interesting! Although I have a couple questions. For one thing if this thing DID reach it's goal, where could I watch the movie? Also when are they planning to get this project done (assuming it succeeds)? But if this thing get's through I will be SO happy!! :D
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

SSJToreto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJToreto » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:50 pm

DoomieDoomie911 wrote:VERY interesting! Although I have a couple questions. For one thing if this thing DID reach it's goal, where could I watch the movie? Also when are they planning to get this project done (assuming it succeeds)? But if this thing get's through I will be SO happy!! :D
This is going to be a trailer only, not a movie.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Well *ahem* to answer his questions...

The project will be shown on Youtube and filming is already done. They plan to release it late summer 2012.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:32 am

I didn't think they could get any worse than Raditz but their Gohan has proved it.

Though, Yamucha looks to be their best of all, but cover up his man-boobs, I don't wanna see his chest or man-boobs. :|
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

SSJToreto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJToreto » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:44 am

dbboxkaifan wrote: cover up his man-boobs, I don't wanna see his chest or man-boobs. :|
Seriously? Man-boobs? Since when are DBZ characters flat chested wimps?

Grow up dude.
Last edited by SSJToreto on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:00 pm

1) That's the anime version not real life.
2) The image link doesn't work properly to show up.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

SSJToreto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJToreto » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:13 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:1) That's the anime version not real life.
2) The image link doesn't work properly to show up.
1) So as long as the "man-boobs" are drawn you're ok with it? Gotcha.

2) It doesn't matter, it was working a minute ago, either way you know what I'm talking about.

But honestly, this IS live action DBZ, and that's just how muscles look like in real life.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:14 pm

That's the image:
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:33 pm

That's not a "man-boob". They're pecs. Which is what most of the characters in DBZ have.

You should really look up the difference between man-boobs and pecs.

I think you know this anyway, you're just nit-picking.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:04 pm

Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:51 pm

Ten's body in the anime is far more muscular than this one above and the face doesn't suit him too much neither.

- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

The Time Traveller
I Live Here

Post by The Time Traveller » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Are you just needlessly nitpicking? He's pretty perfect for someone cast in a fanmade trailer.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:15 pm

This is supposed to be an accurate live action version of DBZ? Yeah I'm picky but the actors chosen don't look too much with the anime/manga ones.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:56 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Ten's body in the anime is far more muscular than this one above and the face doesn't suit him too much neither.

*Removed Image*
Seriously?! After you just complained about Yamcha's "man boobs?"
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?