Dragonball Z: Saiyan Saga - Help make this happen!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragonball Z: Saiyan Saga - Help make this happen!

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Well, the Saiyan armor is not made of metal. Remember Oozaru Vegeta?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:07 pm

^Never claimed it was, but in real life, I'd expect it to be metal to better imitate what it looked like in the show.

@shonenhikada
I don't know what scene you're referring to.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:08 pm

http://rabbitmeatvendor.deviantart.com/ ... /#/d47i0zr

Something like this could suffice, but who knows how good it would last filming.

They are made of rubberized foam.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:47 pm

Insertclevername wrote:http://rabbitmeatvendor.deviantart.com/ ... /#/d47i0zr

Something like this could suffice, but who knows how good it would last filming.

It is to rigid, the should padding should also be more curved out.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:34 pm

I those were brought up before in this thread. I think the dude only sells them for like $100 bucks or something. I don't see why they didn't think to outsource or commission someone like him to make the armor after the first costume designer bailed on the production. It would have been an easy fix. The armor looks way better then what they had and the "post production" work they wanted to do on there armor would have gone to better use on something like this.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:51 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:

I those were brought up before in this thread. I think the dude only sells them for like $100 bucks or something. I don't see why they didn't think to outsource or commission someone like him to make the armor after the first costume designer bailed on the production. It would have been an easy fix. The armor looks way better then what they had and the "post production" work they wanted to do on there armor would have gone to better use on something like this.
My thoughts exactly, maybe we should send them a link if its not too late. Alternatively, if they plan on doing a Namek arc sequel, they should use these.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:24 pm

Course its not to late, they're still collecting money for the reshoots. Also, new photo...

Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:37 pm

Sweet, maybe I'll send them a link to it. Also, I'm really impressed by their Yamucha!

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:44 pm

TO MUCH YAMCHA I WANT AN PAKISTANI MAN TO PLAY PICCOLO.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:12 pm

shonenhikada wrote:TO MUCH YAMCHA I WANT AN PAKISTANI MAN TO PLAY PICCOLO.
If you don't have anything worthwhile to post, don't post anything.
-Rachel

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:35 pm

TripleRach wrote:
shonenhikada wrote:TO MUCH YAMCHA I WANT AN PAKISTANI MAN TO PLAY PICCOLO.
If you don't have anything worthwhile to post, don't post anything.
I thought it was obvious by now all he does is troll.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Avenged wrote:I thought it was obvious by now all he does is troll.
The thought has crossed my mind, but we like to give people the benefit of the doubt before anything serious. There are people out there who are genuinely... eccentric.
-Rachel

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:12 pm

Trolling or not, there has been a lot of Yamcha. It's not bad or anything but outside of the sayians(for obvious reason) I'd like to see some more picks of the other characters.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:39 am

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:Trolling or not, there has been a lot of Yamcha. It's not bad or anything but outside of the sayians(for obvious reason) I'd like to see some more picks of the other characters.
I imagine that they most confident with him, so they are showing him off more. But I agree, I'd like to see more Gohan, Choazu and Tenshinhan.

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:49 am

If you guys understood where Piccolo's clothing, and cultural roots inspiration were derived from you would understand then that it is only natural for Piccolo to be played by someone of middle Eastern descent (can't be more specific but I know its comes from there). Even his facial structure (minus the green skin and antennas) seems to suggest someone of Middle Eastern /East Indian descent, if we were to compare it to an ethnicity from the real world.

Having Piccolo be played by someone of african descent just because he is dark colored, seems a bit racist to me.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:41 pm

The thing about piccolo is that he's an alien. It doesn't matter if the actor is black, white, Asian, or Hispanic; anyone is eligible for the job as long as they can act the part. Do you have a strong jaw and a deep voice? Can you act? chances are you're eligible for the role of piccolo. As for clothing, Toriyama played around with many cultures when handling the series. He took inspiration from China, India, Japan, the U.S., hell just about everywhere. You're argument is a bit silly if the only reasoning behind it is the clothing. I don't see anything racist about their choice for Piccolo, and if you do, I'm sorry but maybe you're just looking for one. These are all actors working for free and chances are he was the only guy they could find who could fit the role.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Pafupafu wrote:There's obviously a lack of experience on K&K's end as far as a major production is concerned. Their previous reels have shown that they have made majority of there business shooting weddings. A few things to note about the filming of a wedding is that it is in no way comparable to a "film" of this size. Films usually have two MAJOR production roles locked down before ANYTHING is done money wise: A Unit Production Manager and a Line Producer. These two key players work hand in hand to tackle all problems such as the one K&K is facing. The Line Producer manages the budget and payroll while the UPM oversees the crew and production to keep everything on track without conflicting with the Line Producer's budget breakdown. Judging from the make-up and wardrobe already released, K&K had little to no professional contacts in these departments. Costume Design and SFX Make Up would be KEY players in making an independent short with such a huge franchise as its source material. No production should have commenced on the Saiyan sequences until the Costume Design was approved. This is unprofessional and shows disorganization in the production. Do not be surprised if they begin to ask for even more money once they realize how much Post Production costs. I've recently wrapped as a UPM on a $100,000 Music Video with minimal visual effects. The Post Production budget was $50,000. No fireballs, no Kamehameha's. They are in for a surprise. It's a good thing that these guys are learning these things. It's just a shame that they're blowing the general public's funding in the process.
And now I begin to understand your hatred for this production. :lol:
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:40 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:The thing about piccolo is that he's an alien. It doesn't matter if the actor is black, white, Asian, or Hispanic; anyone is eligible for the job as long as they can act the part. Do you have a strong jaw and a deep voice? Can you act? chances are you're eligible for the role of piccolo. As for clothing, Toriyama played around with many cultures when handling the series. He took inspiration from China, India, Japan, the U.S., hell just about everywhere. You're argument is a bit silly if the only reasoning behind it is the clothing. I don't see anything racist about their choice for Piccolo, and if you do, I'm sorry but maybe you're just looking for one. These are all actors working for free and chances are he was the only guy they could find who could fit the role.
So why are people so up in roar when Goku was played by someone of Justin Chatwin, claim white washing, and stated that Goku should be played by an Asian actor. Also no Piccolo's clothing designed is largely dependent on Middle Eastern clothing, though their may have been other cultural aspects involved.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:14 pm

shonenhikada wrote:
SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:The thing about piccolo is that he's an alien. It doesn't matter if the actor is black, white, Asian, or Hispanic; anyone is eligible for the job as long as they can act the part. Do you have a strong jaw and a deep voice? Can you act? chances are you're eligible for the role of piccolo. As for clothing, Toriyama played around with many cultures when handling the series. He took inspiration from China, India, Japan, the U.S., hell just about everywhere. You're argument is a bit silly if the only reasoning behind it is the clothing. I don't see anything racist about their choice for Piccolo, and if you do, I'm sorry but maybe you're just looking for one. These are all actors working for free and chances are he was the only guy they could find who could fit the role.
So why are people so up in roar when Goku was played by someone of Justin Chatwin, claim white washing, and stated that Goku should be played by an Asian actor.
Because most people like to interpret minor changes into blasphemy.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:57 pm

shonenhikada wrote:
So why are people so up in roar when Goku was played by someone of Justin Chatwin, claim white washing, and stated that Goku should be played by an Asian actor. Also no Piccolo's clothing designed is largely dependent on Middle Eastern clothing, though their may have been other cultural aspects involved.
One, because it's Justin Chatwin and no matter how you slice it he does not look like Goku. White or otherwise. He had neither the look nor the credentials for the role. It should also be noted that Hollywood does have a history of "white washing"(as you put it) characters for blockbuster movies especially when it's the lead role. Personally I never felt Goku needed to be Asian and the same thing I said about Piccolo can be applied to Goku or any of the Sayians for that matter.
Super Saiyan Prime wrote: And now I begin to understand your hatred for this production. :lol:
Agreed. The more I watch this thing unravel the less enthusiastic a feel about the whole thing. I find myself cheering less and less for these guys and watching them ask for more money was just the breaking point for me. I still admire their ambition and would have loved to see someone independent step up and show off their stuff like with that Street Fighter Fan film or Mortal Kombat Legacy. But I don't think this is going to be anything close to that.