Shenron Tattoo

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Re: Shenron Tattoo

Post by DNA » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:44 pm

I know what you mean but it's not just about money, I also don't feel like having all that detail grafted onto my skin. I'm just wondering if the "spikes" on the back would look better on white outline too...
I'm sorry I'm being so picky :x

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:57 pm

DNA wrote:I know what you mean but it's not just about money, I also don't feel like having all that detail grafted onto my skin. I'm just wondering if the "spikes" on the back would look better on white outline too...
I'm sorry I'm being so picky :x
It's your body so you have the right to be picky. Make sure it's perfect.

Yeah I think that would look nice, maybe someone can make some changes to the image.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:35 pm

Here's 8 and 9 with white spines:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wezt7um2cnu0yg2/logo_10.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sngxsrthcu6nsou/logo_11.jpg

Personally, I like #5 the best; but it's your skin, you've got to live with it.

I will point out two things though: firstly, tattoos don't need to be done all at once. It's common to get an outline done and colours/shading done in stages later. Secondly, full black areas will fucking hurt.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:55 pm

I've been thinnking about getting a Dragonball done on the back of my right hand (the 4 Star ball of course) then maybe haveing the rest on different parts of my body.

Anyway I hope you enjoy your Dragon:D.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:I've been thinnking about getting a Dragonball done on the back of my right hand (the 4 Star ball of course) then maybe haveing the rest on different parts of my body.
I don't think that's a good idea. First off, the back of your hand is a sensible part of your body, it will hurt like shit. Secondly, you'll look at it EVERY SINGLE DAY, you will get bored of it and regret doing it. Thirdly, it will be in plain sight, everyone will see it, it will be very hard for you to get a job. Especially since you are from UK and if you plan on living there, I know tattoos are shunned by employers.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:16 pm

DNA wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:I've been thinnking about getting a Dragonball done on the back of my right hand (the 4 Star ball of course) then maybe haveing the rest on different parts of my body.
I don't think that's a good idea. First off, the back of your hand is a sensible part of your body, it will hurt like shit. Secondly, you'll look at it EVERY SINGLE DAY, you will get bored of it and regret doing it. Thirdly, it will be in plain sight, everyone will see it, it will be very hard for you to get a job. Especially since you are from UK and if you plan on living there, I know tattoos are shunned by employers.
I see...perhaps I'll rethink this. I've just been watchin a lot of G Gundam lol. Where do you think are the best spots for tattoo's? I wanna still be able to see it though.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:13 pm

Depends on yourself. Somewhere hidden, somewhere private. I'm getting mine on my shoulder blade especially because I don't want to see it all the time. If I want to see it I'll look in a mirror. Never had one done so I might not be the best person to talk to about this. Just talking from analysing other people.

Or if you want a more direct answer, have it done on your butt cheek, it's somewhere hidden, private, you won't have to look at it all the time and it would be hilarious.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:17 am

I had considered doing the same thing with the Four-Star Ball, however I was going to just get a small one on my left wrist, so it will just sit under my watch.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:08 am

Oh and I forgot to say, I think Logo 11 is the one for me. I know you guys think more detail would look better but I did want something like this from the start, so with all the white outlines that make the main details stand out it looks good to me. Now I just need to print it out and ask how much this bitch would cost me.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:13 am

Sorry about the double post. So I printed it out and went to the tattoo shop. Since I wanted it a bit smaller he recommended about 80%, not more than that. And I asked his opinion as well. He also agrees it will look a bit better without the jaw whiskers. The whole thing will cost me £100 so that's not too bad.

Now, desirecampbell, hopefully this will be my final request. Can you pick Logo 11, take out the whiskers so it will be a straight jaw line and well, everything else will be straight lines too; and reduce the whole thing to about 80%? That way it'll be only a bit bigger than a fist and will fit nicely in my shoulder blade. One final thing I'm thinking is that if it will look better with white outlines for the nose holes too, just add a tiny more bit of detail.

For those who thing it's too different from the original, the goal here is to have it recognizable, not 100% faithful.

Here's hoping Logo 12 will be the final!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:34 pm

Here's without whiskers (and a couple little fixes) https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4hideao3y7npcx/logo_12.jpg

Lemme know if there's any other tweaks needed. :)

As for scaling it down, how are you printing it? It'd probably be best to scale to a specific size in Word or something for printing (so it'll be exactly the right size.)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:04 am

Bro I don't think I can thank you enough. I think that's it for me. And nevermind about the scaling, the guy will do it in-store. So this is it! It's done. Now since I was recently sacked I will have to wait until I've got a job to feel financially comfortable with doing this. I will post the results when it's done.

Thanks a lot everyone! :D

Liebenrood

Post by Liebenrood » Wed May 15, 2013 6:22 pm

Not trying to revivea dead post or anything but what does the tattoo look like bro?

Also can anyone work up the shenron from the dragonball logo for me in grey and black?
"Truth is anything you can convince someone else to believe" - William Liebenrood

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed May 15, 2013 7:34 pm

Haven't had it done yet. There has been many complications money wise. It's not my top priority. I will show off the tattoo when it's done, don't worry, I'll either post it here or somewhere else.

Liebenrood

Post by Liebenrood » Thu May 16, 2013 1:54 pm

Cool. I'm thinking about getting the original db dragon tattoo in the near future as you can see from my above post.
"Truth is anything you can convince someone else to believe" - William Liebenrood