Fan-Works Ideas

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Fan-Works Ideas

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:38 pm

This may sound redundant seeing how we have Fan-Works Explosion, but it can be its own thing. For example, if I have an idea for a specific work, I'll post it here and people artistically-gifted can make that wish come true if they want. It does sound demanding, but I want it to be as casual as possible because people have lives.

Anyways, my request would be fanart depicting Freeza meeting The Joker from Batman.

hleV
Banned

Re: Fan-Works Ideas

Post by hleV » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:53 am

I always wanted some mini comics about Toriyama "fighting" his editor. Like
Editor: Umm... Toriyama? Why did you draw Bulma naked in the shower?
Toriyama: Hmm, I don't know. I thought people go to shower naked.
Editor: T-that's not the point! This is a kids' manga, you can't do that!
Toriyama: What?! A kids' manga?! When did I ever approve of this?!
Editor: No one's asked you, live with it!
Toriyama: Can I at least make it focus on violence?
Editor: Violence... well sure, why not. Just make it appropriate for children.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:03 pm

Japan don't have a problem with nudity and violence in kids' entertainment like the West do.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:09 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Japan don't have a problem with nudity and violence in kids' entertainment like the West do.
I think the better phrasing would be: "Japan has less of a problem with nudity and violence in kids' entertainment than the West do".
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:17 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:Japan don't have a problem with nudity and violence in kids' entertainment like the West do.
I think the better phrasing would be: "Japan has less of a problem with nudity and violence in kids' entertainment than the West do".
Yeah, that, then.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:51 pm

I knew that. But thanks for making a serious and not-really-related reply to my completely random idea about Toriyama fighting his editor.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:10 pm

I had this idea for a short comic for a very long time but I can't find time (or just plain lazy) to draw it.
Freeza vs Political Correctness
(Freeza, Zarbon and Dodoria are in the waiting hall)
Freeza: "Just who dares to ask Lord Freeza to visit this low of a planet?"
Zarbon: "They did say it's an important matter, sire,"
Dodoria: "Still a nice planet despite the name, "Dirt" was it?"
Zarbon: ""Earth"...!"
(The door opens and two guys in suits approach them)
Carl: "Sorry for the wait fellas, come on in."

(Everyone is in the meeting room)
Carl: "Sorry for taking your time gentlemen..."
Freeza: "You better...!"
Carl: "Allow me to introduce ourselves: My name is Carl, and this is Tom."
Tom: "And we are here to discuss with you about "Political Correctness."
Dodoria: "The..... what again?!"
Tom: "Political Correctness my friend. Our job is to take what's considered offensive and change it to please everyone."
Freeza: (Sarcastically) "Oh, dear... and what does that have to do with us?"
Carl: "Well, my good sir, we received some complaints about...... you.... sir.... and they say that you are... an offensive figure....!"
Freeza: "Oh really! And how am I offensive again?"
Tom: "Well, for starts you're a male, but you talk in a feminine way, and you put lipstick. A lot of people say you're an offensive stereotype for gays! That, and the way you laugh is an insult to women!"
Freeza: "First off, the way I talk is not feminine, is the gentleman way of talking as taught by papa. Second, I don't put any makeup, that's how my lips are. And third, how is my laugh offensive to women?"
Carl: "Well, sir, when you laugh, you say "hoe". "Hoe" is offensive to women."
Freeza: "You're not serious...!"
Zarbon: "And you want to change Lord Freeza for that?"
Carl: "O, c'mon guys, changing is not bad. I mean, have you seen what we did to Santa Clause?"

(Cut elsewhere to a "politically corrected" Santa, who is now muscular, bare chested, with no beard, and wears blue instead of red)
Santa: "Happy Holidays! Ha-Ha-Ha!"

Tom: "And let's not forget that offensive pony! Good thing we changed her eyes and name or all the kids with special needs will get offended!
Carl: "True, true."
Freeza: "So.... what do I do?"
Tom: "Nothing that much. We can give you some make over to change the color of your lips, or we can start by changing your laugh, what do you say?
Freeza: "Oho- I mean, Hahaha!"
Carl: "Awe, that's the spirit."
Tom: "Keep this up and you won't be an offensive figure anymore."
Freeza: "Hahaha, I'm starting to like this laugh already."
Carl: "All right then Mr. Freeza, come back tomorrow to get your plastic surgery ready. These lips are going to change."
Freeza: "Hahaha, I can't wait!"
Tom: "Very well sir, have a nice day."
(Freeza, Zarbon and Dodoria leave)

Tom: "See Carl, talking always solves your problems."

(Earth explodes)

Freeza: "See Zarbon? See Dodoria? blowing planets up always solves your problems!"

End
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:17 pm

hleV wrote:
I knew that. But thanks for making a serious and not-really-related reply to my completely random idea about Toriyama fighting his editor.
You're welcome.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Fan Art Story: Vegeta working at Wal-mart as a tester for Capsule Corp. products

Setting: A few days after Buu's defeat

Self-explanatory

Fan Art Story: Origins of the Frying Pan of Doom

Setting: Almost a year after the defeat of Buu

Chi-Chi finds out Goku made a major wreck of the kitchen while trying to cook (when she adviced Goku to stay away from the stove). Gets pissed. Hits him across the head with her new frying pan.
Last edited by DBZAOTA482 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:35 pm

A DBZ AMV about Bulma breaking up with Yamcha, set to Adele's "Rumor Has It".

The title, obviously, would be "Bloomer Has It".

Thouser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Thouser » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:46 am

After I first watched the wedding arc at the end of DB, I liked it so much (it's definitely my favorite filler arc) that I wanted to make a fanfic with a similar theme (a Goku and Chichi adventure set after the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai but before Gohan was born). My plan was for it to be sort of like one of the DBZ movies (a shorter story with no consequences on the main series and a one-shot villain) and I also wanted to have Lunch and Tenshinhan in it and stick close to all the characters' speech patterns.

However, I'm not really a writer so I never made it, heh
"Like that bald punk? Killyin... You're talking about Killyin?!!" - Anime Labs

「他们並不是我孫兒... 是我弟弟。」 - 龜仙人

Storm101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Storm101 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:51 pm

Post-End of manga fanfic that ignores GT and Mr. Buu is the main hero. Goku, Vegeta, Gohan etc. have to willingly let themselves get absorbed by Buu to create a Buu very similar to Buuhan, except not evil and hopefully more intelligent thanks to Goku and Vegeta. Not sure who the villain would be. Perhaps the Shadow Dragon saga done better?