Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Malik_DBNA » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:42 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Whatever color combination might get rid of the shorts and thigh-high spandex look?

Sorry, but I just find the outfit ridiculous. Nevermind the fact that he's not wearing shoes, but he looks like he's got on long underwear and ended up accidentally ripping them when he tried to pull it up too fast. :?
Lol I can only say two things to this comment. 1) alien clothing won't always look normal to us Earthlings. 2) Rigor's outfit post-defeat will look different

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:51 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote: Ah. That particular aspect of the GT SSJ4 is not applied to the DBNA timeline. The clothes the user is wearing are the clothes they are wearing as a SSJ4. The top of the clothes is either removed beforehand or destroyed during the transformation. You can see this at the end of the Rigor Saga when Goku and Vegeta defuse, their tops are missing. During the Aladjinn Saga, each time Aladjinn-Vegeta reverted back to his base state from SSJ4, he used his own Dark Magic to regenerate Vegeta's shirt.

So, in short, no magic SSJ4 clothes
Then can you explain why the shirt is destroyed on SSj4, but not for any other transformation?

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:52 pm

hulkty wrote:
Malik_DBNA wrote: Ah. That particular aspect of the GT SSJ4 is not applied to the DBNA timeline. The clothes the user is wearing are the clothes they are wearing as a SSJ4. The top of the clothes is either removed beforehand or destroyed during the transformation. You can see this at the end of the Rigor Saga when Goku and Vegeta defuse, their tops are missing. During the Aladjinn Saga, each time Aladjinn-Vegeta reverted back to his base state from SSJ4, he used his own Dark Magic to regenerate Vegeta's shirt.

Then can you explain why the shirt is destroyed on SSj4, but not for any other transformation?
The power of the transformation. And it was one of the only feasible way to explain it without the usual 'GT Magic'

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:18 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
hulkty wrote:

The power of the transformation. And it was one of the only feasible way to explain it without the usual 'GT Magic'
That's not a good explanation when stronger forms, SSj5 (DBNA) and SSjGod keep the shirt...

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:20 pm

Ss God is a different type if transformation.

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:33 pm

There's some weird factors...
SSj4 - Clothes (shirt) disappears or changes, body (if child) morphs into an adult (and with voice)
SSj1, 2, 3, God, and 5 (DBNA) - No change to clothes OR body...

So WTF is up with SSj4?! Even if we say SSjGod is different and doesn't count, then what about DBNA's SSj5? It's stronger than SSj4, but the shirt remains...so just saying the power of the transformation does it doesn't seem to make since.
ALSO, this might just be me, but Goku seemed to act like SSj4 was the EASIEST transformation to use... :/

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:11 am

hulkty wrote:There's some weird factors...
SSj4 - Clothes (shirt) disappears or changes, body (if child) morphs into an adult (and with voice)
SSj1, 2, 3, God, and 5 (DBNA) - No change to clothes OR body...

So WTF is up with SSj4?! Even if we say SSjGod is different and doesn't count, then what about DBNA's SSj5? It's stronger than SSj4, but the shirt remains...so just saying the power of the transformation does it doesn't seem to make since.
ALSO, this might just be me, but Goku seemed to act like SSj4 was the EASIEST transformation to use... :/
Rigor didn't have his top when he first transformed, so there is no basis there. The images of Goku/Vegeta as DBNA SSJ5 have only been hypothetical sketches, so there is no basis there. If I used the redesigned version of DBNA SSJ5, then the top would be destroyed by the transformation or removed by the user beforehand like SSJ4. SSJ God doesn't seem like a violent explosion of power, so I can give a pass on that. And besides, Toei invented SSJ4. A wizard did it, lol

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:02 am

Full palette for SSJ5 redesigns

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:19 am

I think that bringing back the gold hair (as seen in 1, 3, Platinum Gold, etc) would be like a step backwards (it would be like giving Broli's muscles to a form beyond SSGod), and in the monochrome versions (2, Gold Standard, AF, etc), the variety in colors that SS4 introduces goes away, so no to them too. Version 5 would look like SS4 in black & white, so no to it as well. So, the only ones left are Version 4 & Salt & Pepper... I vote for Salt & Pepper because it will look like SS4 in opposite colors in black & white, and it also has the white hair, which is a reference to the AF SS5 form, while keeping it unique at the same time. Version 4 will be literally SS4 with opposite colors, but it also references to Super Saiyan God, which has nothing to do with it, and it's also a superior form to Super Saiyan 5 (from what I recall?).

So, "Salt & Pepper" from me.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:32 am

Blood red fur and a slightly darker gold hair might work. Something like this.

Except keep the same eyes as SSj4.

The mix of red fur and slightly orange hair would create a very fierce looking form, and the aura should be a mix of Kaioken and SSJ.
Of course, you would need to find the correct hue of red, orange and gold, but if done well i feel it could look sick.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

No disrespect Flame but that looks to fanficty. Like you wouldn't see in a real Db transformation.

I vote 1,3, and pepper and salt

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:32 pm

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:37 pm

I love your Gohan gi. What color is the outfit?

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:14 pm

I don't really like any of those SSJ5 color schemes. They all look ugly.

The line art is still great though for these new panels.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:53 am

TheGmGoken wrote:I love your Gohan gi. What color is the outfit?
bejita135, who is sort of my unofficial colorist, colors his gi with the colors of Goku's gi from the end of DBZ (the one he used to fight Oob at the WMAT. I had in my mind the top being that blue color with black pants.
mAcChaos wrote:I don't really like any of those SSJ5 color schemes. They all look ugly.

The line art is still great though for these new panels.
Thanks for the lineart props :-) I've been working really hard on them. Besides the color schemes, does the overall redesign look okay? The colors can come later but the design is the biggest thing...

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:07 am

Is that Ultimate Gohan? Ultimate Gohan does not have a visible aura, just a shockwave when he powers up, except in Battle of Gods.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:28 pm

Cetra wrote:Is that Ultimate Gohan? Ultimate Gohan does not have a visible aura, just a shockwave when he powers up, except in Battle of Gods.
I figured if it was ok for him to have an aura when he powered up in BoG, it'd be okay here

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:30 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote: I figured if it was ok for him to have an aura when he powered up in BoG, it'd be okay here
So you go for the updated Ultimate Gohan? Okay. Often people just forget that first he didn't have a visible aura.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:38 pm

While Ultimate Gohan didn't show an aura, but we've seen base characters, including Gohan, displaying an aura while powering-up & flying fast, which is what U. Gohan displayed in BoG. However, U. Gohan, and no other base character displayed a standing aura in the manga or BoG.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:35 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:While Ultimate Gohan didn't show an aura, but we've seen base characters, including Gohan, displaying an aura while powering-up & flying fast, which is what U. Gohan displayed in BoG. However, U. Gohan, and no other base character displayed a standing aura in the manga or BoG.
He never had a Flying aura in the Buu Saga as in Ultimate mode and had a Standing aura when the SSJ aura was retconned in Battle of Gods to Ultimate right before he dashed forward. We know Base characters, yes. However Gohan never was Ultimate as base. He always needed to power up as it is not his normal power (except in GT maybe were he was stronger and made it his normal power). He is special, a transformation but no normal transformation, more like a wannabe transformation whch relies on efficiency. Of course he always has an aura. Boo feels him in the Kaioshin world and as Bootenks he finds Gohan with hidden aura but I guess you know I mean the shining light which is why I said "visible". And with your examples you seem to have understood it anyway. Now I see you said "while powering up" and that is also what I mean with "Standing aura" as I mean, he does not move at that time. Yet it is new as Gohan never had a visible aura in the manga or the Fusion and Hildegarn movie which both feature Ultimate Gohan as well. It always is like "some fast lines of wind" (the shockwave I mean and some lines also appearing on the upper part) other than a flame or light aura which it normally is and covers the whole body.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy