Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cetra
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Cetra » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:21 am

He also draws the six pack not covered with fur other than normally so we can let him do his stuff.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:45 am

That's different though. He may be drawing it differently (I do it this way too), but he's consistent about it. There's an actual inconsistency with how he's drawing the eyes though. The color portion still surrounds the eyes. So when they are closed, it should still be there. It's not like a raccoon loses their mask when they sleep.

I sometimes have people point out "errors" on my art, and while some of them are things I intentionally change, I appreciate when people catch details I may have overlooked so I can fix them. So if it was an unintentional oversight, maybe he'd like to know? Hence why I'm bringing it up. If he's doing it on purpose though or just doesn't want to fix it, that's fine too. It is his comic, he can do what he wants. Just trying to be helpful. :D
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:16 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:That's different though. He may be drawing it differently (I do it this way too), but he's consistent about it. There's an actual inconsistency with how he's drawing the eyes though. The color portion still surrounds the eyes. So when they are closed, it should still be there. It's not like a raccoon loses their mask when they sleep.

I sometimes have people point out "errors" on my art, and while some of them are things I intentionally change, I appreciate when people catch details I may have overlooked so I can fix them. So if it was an unintentional oversight, maybe he'd like to know? Hence why I'm bringing it up. If he's doing it on purpose though or just doesn't want to fix it, that's fine too. It is his comic, he can do what he wants. Just trying to be helpful. :D
It is an unintended mistake on my part :P thank you for bringing it to my attention

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:16 am

Malik_DBNA wrote:Image
Page bump

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:51 am

Doing these updates was certainly worth it. Very nice.

Do you have planned out how far you will go though? I know it has to at least cover Vegeta and Goku talking after defusing, because Goku acts like it was still the case that Vegeta didn't do anything to upset Rigor, but what about after that? Is some of the training stuff being updated? Have you planned that far?

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:39 am

Regarder wrote:Doing these updates was certainly worth it. Very nice.

Do you have planned out how far you will go though? I know it has to at least cover Vegeta and Goku talking after defusing, because Goku acts like it was still the case that Vegeta didn't do anything to upset Rigor, but what about after that? Is some of the training stuff being updated? Have you planned that far?
The updates will dive deep into the Aladjinn Saga, because of the format of the pages and story fixes that need to be implemented

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:20 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I know it seems like I only come in here to nitpick or answer a question someone may have about general DB material while reading your comic, but I am following along. Not so much for the story, but I at least like seeing good quality DB art.
You were saying his story wasn't good? I personally thought his story were pretty good, better than most of fan-manga out there, especially DB Multiverse. Salagir's story was mediocre at best.

By the way, Malik, I was wondering if you could do a bit fanservice in the fight between Gogeta versus Rigor? Could you draw Gogeta doing Taikyo-ken exactly like the infamous SSj4 Gokû card? Like this:Image
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:50 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:You were saying his story wasn't good? I personally thought his story were pretty good, better than most of fan-manga out there, especially DB Multiverse. Salagir's story was mediocre at best.
I'm not saying the story isn't well written (for what it is at times). New Age is a lot better than most other fan fictions out there. I know this portion is only the beginning of the comic, but stuff like Vegeta's bastard brother coming to earth as a SS5 is just not the kind of plot directions I'm interested in on a general level. The later bits are certainly more interesting to me though, but they came a little too late for me to get all that invested since I wasn't all that into the story in the first place. So whatever direction the plot goes from here is fairly irrelevant to me, but I intend to keep following along for the art alone.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:56 am

Ah, gotcha. :)

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:38 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:You were saying his story wasn't good? I personally thought his story were pretty good, better than most of fan-manga out there, especially DB Multiverse. Salagir's story was mediocre at best.
I'm not saying the story isn't well written (for what it is at times). New Age is a lot better than most other fan fictions out there. I know this portion is only the beginning of the comic, but stuff like Vegeta's bastard brother coming to earth as a SS5 is just not the kind of plot directions I'm interested in on a general level. The later bits are certainly more interesting to me though, but they came a little too late for me to get all that invested since I wasn't all that into the story in the first place. So whatever direction the plot goes from here is fairly irrelevant to me, but I intend to keep following along for the art alone.
Sorry the opening of the story didn't do much for you. I understand its a common DB fanfic/manga trope, but I would like to think I took it in a better direction than most despite such familiar material (I see Rigor's being a SSJ5 as more of a backdrop of a tale of revenge, not the central focus of the arc). There are some changes being implemented in the Aladjinn Saga as well.

Still, I appeciate the props on the writing and the art. That makes me feel good. I respect the opinions on this forum much more than most other threads, seeing as the majority of fans here are smart and open minded (not always the case, but the majority), and if you say I'm doing something right, I believe it.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:08 pm

The problem's not even that the Rigor Arc is built on cliche tropes or anything, because there are many anime and manga that I enjoy that are built on such things from the ground up. It's just that your first arc contains a lot of them related to DB that I just happen to not really like: More surviving Saiyans? Check. Who happens to be a relative of Goku or Vegeta? Check. Are they super powerful? Check. Do we get another level of Super Saiyan? Check. I had similar misgivings about these types of ideas being used in the official series too, so don't think it's just your fan manga. I don't really like them regardless of who writes it or how well. :P

Tarble originally had my ire until it was revealed that basically everything about him subverted expectations of a Saiyan. (Speaking of Tarble, I know it's an Alternate Universe story, but I was also kinda upset you gave him the ax.) I was also irked about Super Saiyan God possibly being yet another transformation beyond SS3 on this very forum. It wasn't until we learned that it's not really a Super Saiyan form, and thus isn't really related to them at all, that I accepted it. (It should have been called something else anyway, like they mentioned with SS4 in the guides, but gotta capitalize on that branding.)

Despite all my complaints though, you have no need to apologize. You aren't going to be able to please everyone all the time and I just happen to be one of those people, but even I'm still sticking around for the ride based on the series' other merits. You're doing what you like with the story and it's drawn a pretty big fanbase. The whole project is something you should be proud of.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:59 am

Well, I enjoy DBNA for what it is and I wish it'd get animated.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:02 pm

sangofe wrote:Well, I enjoy DBNA for what it is and I wish it'd get animated.
Working on it lol

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:40 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The problem's not even that the Rigor Arc is built on cliche tropes or anything, because there are many anime and manga that I enjoy that are built on such things from the ground up. It's just that your first arc contains a lot of them related to DB that I just happen to not really like: More surviving Saiyans? Check. Who happens to be a relative of Goku or Vegeta? Check. Are they super powerful? Check. Do we get another level of Super Saiyan? Check. I had similar misgivings about these types of ideas being used in the official series too, so don't think it's just your fan manga. I don't really like them regardless of who writes it or how well. :P

Tarble originally had my ire until it was revealed that basically everything about him subverted expectations of a Saiyan. (Speaking of Tarble, I know it's an Alternate Universe story, but I was also kinda upset you gave him the ax.) I was also irked about Super Saiyan God possibly being yet another transformation beyond SS3 on this very forum. It wasn't until we learned that it's not really a Super Saiyan form, and thus isn't really related to them at all, that I accepted it. (It should have been called something else anyway, like they mentioned with SS4 in the guides, but gotta capitalize on that branding.)

Despite all my complaints though, you have no need to apologize. You aren't going to be able to please everyone all the time and I just happen to be one of those people, but even I'm still sticking around for the ride based on the series' other merits. You're doing what you like with the story and it's drawn a pretty big fanbase. The whole project is something you should be proud of.
Yeah kinda why I am just waiting for the Aladjinn stuff to continue. I'm just not very interested in Rigor at all.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:44 pm

Dude your redraws are amazing. Very talented. I actually going to recommend this to the Geek Squad (Their actually club name.) at my College.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:56 pm

Last edited by Malik_DBNA on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Post by xmysticgohanx » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:30 pm

Is Rigor's galaxy busting a boast or a reputable statement?
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:02 pm

Rather than De-transforming I'd say Rigor's power should just suddenly feign due for the same reason it did in the first cut, just have it lower to a point he can actually survive the finale BBK, cause dropping to base form and surviving a blast that is over 15x stronger than him was silly last time.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Malik, I was going through your old stuff on your DA gallery just to compare your old pages to new ones, but I can't help but notice the picture of minisodes of the Bounty Hunter arc.\\

This looks really interesting. Your written quote for them really catches my attention. I'm really looking forward to reading that arc when it comes, but it's a shame that I have to wait a long while before that arc hits up, since you are going to redraw the majority of the Aladdijin arc.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:59 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Malik, I was going through your old stuff on your DA gallery just to compare your old pages to new ones, but I can't help but notice the picture of minisodes of the Bounty Hunter arc.\\

This looks really interesting. Your written quote for them really catches my attention. I'm really looking forward to reading that arc when it comes, but it's a shame that I have to wait a long while before that arc hits up, since you are going to redraw the majority of the Aladdijin arc.
To be honest, I am REALLY looking forward to that arc. Next to the World Tournament, that has been my favorite arc to plot out. It's going to be such a departure from anything that has been done in Dragon Ball. Assassins and killers have been sent to recover Dragon Balls and such before, but the goal of the Bounty Hunters in that arc has NEVER been done before.