Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:59 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Malik_DBNA wrote:Between DBZ and DBGT (movies and filler excluded) the only fighter who has never been controlled or possessed has been Piccolo.
Goku and Mr. Satan have never been possessed.
Goku has been possessed before. Captain Ginyu has been in possession of Goku's body. And I don't count Mr. Satan lol
Oh, I thought by possession you meant mind control :P
There's also Uub, if you want to count him.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Goku has been possessed before. Captain Ginyu has been in possession of Goku's body
That counts? :eh: ? I thought of it as more or less as switching bodies.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:02 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Oh, I thought by possession you meant mind control :P
I said Possessed OR controlled, so Goku counts. But you are right about Oob, meaning out of everyone, only two powerful fighters have never been possessed or controlled lol

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:03 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Goku has been possessed before. Captain Ginyu has been in possession of Goku's body
That counts? :eh: ? I thought of it as more or less as switching bodies.
It is a form of control. Someone else is in Goku's body, meaning HE is no longer in control of it

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:03 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:One thing I never understood is how people state that Vegeta has been full-out possessed multiple times. I mean, if you really look at, it he's only been TRULY possessed once, and that was by Baby.

When he became a Majin, he was supposed to be like Dabra, Spopovich, Pocus, and the others. Completely Evil and completely obedient to Babidi. But he never was. He allowed Babidi just enough control to grant him further power and reawaken his darkness, but he was never truly possessed. Babidi would give him an order and he basically said "STFU". Vegeta even openly admits that he plotted and allowed Babidi into his mind willingly just to awaken his power. Multiple times in the manga, Babidi attempted to wrestle full control from Vegeta, but Vegeta refused to allow Babidi to completely control him. You could equate it to putting a leash on a rhino. Just because you have it on a leash does not mean you control it.

Baby on the other hand, completely possessed Vegeta. Vegeta fought him off as much as possible, but in the end he becomes completely enslaved to Baby's will. THAT is possession.

Between DBZ and DBGT (movies and filler excluded) the only fighter who has never been controlled or possessed has been Piccolo.
Vegeta getting possessed still was done before, so we really don't need more of it.

You should come up with some different saga to replace this Aladjinn one.
The world's greatest.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:04 pm

Dr. Machismo wrote:
Malik_DBNA wrote:One thing I never understood is how people state that Vegeta has been full-out possessed multiple times. I mean, if you really look at, it he's only been TRULY possessed once, and that was by Baby.

When he became a Majin, he was supposed to be like Dabra, Spopovich, Pocus, and the others. Completely Evil and completely obedient to Babidi. But he never was. He allowed Babidi just enough control to grant him further power and reawaken his darkness, but he was never truly possessed. Babidi would give him an order and he basically said "STFU". Vegeta even openly admits that he plotted and allowed Babidi into his mind willingly just to awaken his power. Multiple times in the manga, Babidi attempted to wrestle full control from Vegeta, but Vegeta refused to allow Babidi to completely control him. You could equate it to putting a leash on a rhino. Just because you have it on a leash does not mean you control it.

Baby on the other hand, completely possessed Vegeta. Vegeta fought him off as much as possible, but in the end he becomes completely enslaved to Baby's will. THAT is possession.

Between DBZ and DBGT (movies and filler excluded) the only fighter who has never been controlled or possessed has been Piccolo.
Vegeta getting possessed still was done before, so we really don't need more of it.

There are other Sagas coming up. I'm not discarding all the work I put in on this one simply because you don't like it.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:05 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
I said Possessed OR controlled, so Goku counts. But you are right about Oob, meaning out of everyone, only two powerful fighters have never been possessed or controlled lol
Grand Kai, Supreme Kai/Kibitokai, King Emma, and Pikkon

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:06 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Grand Kai, Supreme Kai/Kibitokai, King Emma, and Paikuhan
He said "excluding filler and movies," and Enma and Kaioshin aren't really fighters.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:07 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Grand Kai, Supreme Kai/Kibitokai, King Emma, and Paikuhan
grand Kai and Pikon are filler characters. they don't count. Kibitokai isn't much of a fighter (old Kai even says "you aren't much). King Enma is strong, but we never see him fight

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:07 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
Dr. Machismo wrote:

There are other Sagas coming up. I'm not discarding all the work I put in on this one simply because you don't like it.
I don't think making Vegeta get possessed is a popular idea, though. You don't have to get rid of Aladjinn, but you should at least come up with something different than Vegeta getting possessed.

Didn't this comic start in 2005? That's quite a while ago. Restarting the whole thing from the groundup would be a good idea, just saying.Image
The world's greatest.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:08 pm

Dr. Machismo wrote:
I don't think making Vegeta get possessed is a popular idea, though. You don't have to get rid of Aladjinn, but you should at least come up with something different than Vegeta getting possessed.

Didn't this comic start in 2005? That's quite a while ago. Restarting the whole thing from the groundup would be a good idea, just saying.Image
No

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:10 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
Dr. Machismo wrote:

No
It's your call. But hey, think about it.Image
The world's greatest.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:12 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
Dr. Machismo wrote:

No
I'll like to say great character is Aladjinn. I find the story great. Aladjinn reminds me of Kronos from another fanfic. I also like ASSJ4. Nice idea.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:17 pm

Dr. Machismo wrote:
I'm just not starting over again. Since 2005, you are really the ONLY person who has voiced this much disapproval with my take on the series. I'm not redoing everything I've worked on since BEFORE 2005 because you would prefer I went in another direction. I take all criticism, good or bad, but I put in too much time, too much effort, and too much love into what I've done just to reboot the entire thing from scratch. Not gonna happen.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:18 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Dr. Machismo wrote:

No
I'll like to say great character is Aladjinn. I find the story great. Aladjinn reminds me of Kronos from another fanfic. I also like ASSJ4. Nice idea.
I appreciate the compliments. thank you

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:20 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
Dr. Machismo wrote:
I'm just not starting over again. Since 2005, you are really the ONLY person who has voiced this much disapproval with my take on the series
That's probably because not many people have seen your comic. :wink:
The world's greatest.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Dr. Machismo wrote:
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Dr. Machismo wrote:
I'm just not starting over again. Since 2005, you are really the ONLY person who has voiced this much disapproval with my take on the series
Over 2 million cumulative views on deviantart alone, read on 6 continents and translated into 8 different languages by people I don't even know. Yep. No one reads it.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:23 pm

Over 2 million cumulative views on deviantart alone, read on 6 continents and translated into 8 different languages by people I don't even know. Yep. No one reads it.
Damn that's a lot.
Dr.M is that what you think?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Missed the art compliment. So sorry for that misunderstanding

Anyways Malik you seem to be doing really well with those numbers.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:53 am

Malik_DBNA wrote: Over 2 million cumulative views on deviantart alone, read on 6 continents and translated into 8 different languages by people I don't even know. Yep. No one reads it.
Your comic's still not very well known in the community. Do you mean 2 million when you gather the views from all pages together?
The world's greatest.