Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1005
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:48 pm
Location: Ohio, United States
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:09 am

Jean0987654321 wrote:I'm not impressed so far. It looks like a jazzed up GT. New sets of Dragon Balls, Vegeta being controlled by a parasite, Pan doing nothing, Bulla doing nothing....
A new set of Dragon Balls are introduced in every series. DB had the originals, Z had the Namekian Balls, GT had the Black Star Balls, and Super has the Super Dragon Balls. Just following the pattern.

Aladjinn isn't a parasite like Bebi, he's an evil spirit. But it's not the first time that comparison has been made, I even poke fun at it in the manga lol

Bra isn't a fighter, she's not going to do much. Pan will be featured more in the next arc.

wakabayashy
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:10 am

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by wakabayashy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:36 am

your manga is far away better :D

Jean0987654321
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Jean0987654321 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:15 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
Jean0987654321 wrote:I'm not impressed so far. It looks like a jazzed up GT. New sets of Dragon Balls, Vegeta being controlled by a parasite, Pan doing nothing, Bulla doing nothing....
A new set of Dragon Balls are introduced in every series. DB had the originals, Z had the Namekian Balls, GT had the Black Star Balls, and Super has the Super Dragon Balls. Just following the pattern.

Aladjinn isn't a parasite like Bebi, he's an evil spirit. But it's not the first time that comparison has been made, I even poke fun at it in the manga lol

Bra isn't a fighter, she's not going to do much. Pan will be featured more in the next arc.
I'm hoping but for the best in the coming chapters... :)

User avatar
Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1005
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:48 pm
Location: Ohio, United States
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Malik_DBNA » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:07 am

After the concept art of the new Saiyan character from the DBLegends mobile game was posted, I was literally bombarded by messages (25 to be exact) by people saying "The new Saiyan looks like Rigor!" and other such variations of that sentence. So, thought I'd embrace the opinion and use the art as the base to show off a front and back study of Rigor in his suit from the final set of revisions I'm working on.

Image

wakabayashy
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:10 am

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by wakabayashy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:38 am

nice ! so you'll continue your manga ?

User avatar
Regarder
Regular
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:04 pm

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Regarder » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:00 am

It's definitely my favorite of the small number of fanfics with great art. I prefer it to Multiverse (no hate, still like DBM), because it isn't tied down by a tournament premise. This is totally subjective, but I think the developments up the point where Malik stopped are a bit more interesting too (though it's been a while and I'll need to re-read when the updates are done). The expanded cosmology contradicts what Super has now established, but I don't think Malik should work too hard to distort his story to fit Super canon. I think it can be it's own Universe, especially since its origin is an altered GT anyway. I think the addition of actually useful and powerful magic in terms of fighting makes Aladjinn a new step up than if he was just big ki guy. Rigor is the classic big ki guy, but he's like if Broli had a way more interesting backstory and wasn't just a character made for a summer DBZ movie to fill time. So yeah, more please!

User avatar
Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1005
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:48 pm
Location: Ohio, United States
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Malik_DBNA » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Image
WIP for the new DBNA Vol. 1 cover

User avatar
Black Hawk
Regular
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:09 pm
Location: Beacon Academy

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Black Hawk » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:53 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
WIP for the new DBNA Vol. 1 cover
Looking forward to welcoming DBNA back in full, Malik!
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by PFM18 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:40 am

Ok. Loving the manga so far. I love Rigor's backstory and regardless of how it was drawn, it looks beautiful. Now, I am confused by where this takes place in the continuity. I saw in chapter zero it is specifically made it clear this was an alternate time that came after GT as in not part of the main continuity. I like that it uses GT but acknowledges GT is an alternate story and acknowledges the universe as universe 7(DB Super reference)....But it was still supposed to be an alternate story right? Then how come Beerus is mentioned? How can Beerus exist in a series with GT? And then Super Saiyan God is mentioned?

User avatar
Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1005
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:48 pm
Location: Ohio, United States
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Malik_DBNA » Thu May 03, 2018 11:31 am

PFM18 wrote:Ok. Loving the manga so far. I love Rigor's backstory and regardless of how it was drawn, it looks beautiful. Now, I am confused by where this takes place in the continuity. I saw in chapter zero it is specifically made it clear this was an alternate time that came after GT as in not part of the main continuity. I like that it uses GT but acknowledges GT is an alternate story and acknowledges the universe as universe 7(DB Super reference)....But it was still supposed to be an alternate story right? Then how come Beerus is mentioned? How can Beerus exist in a series with GT? And then Super Saiyan God is mentioned?
With a minor tweak, BoG and GT are able to exist within the same continuity, which is what this story does. So...

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by PFM18 » Thu May 03, 2018 11:34 am

Malik_DBNA wrote:
PFM18 wrote:Ok. Loving the manga so far. I love Rigor's backstory and regardless of how it was drawn, it looks beautiful. Now, I am confused by where this takes place in the continuity. I saw in chapter zero it is specifically made it clear this was an alternate time that came after GT as in not part of the main continuity. I like that it uses GT but acknowledges GT is an alternate story and acknowledges the universe as universe 7(DB Super reference)....But it was still supposed to be an alternate story right? Then how come Beerus is mentioned? How can Beerus exist in a series with GT? And then Super Saiyan God is mentioned?
With a minor tweak, BoG and GT are able to exist within the same continuity, which is what this story does. So...
Is that explained in chapter 0? I read the first 21 chapters but didnt look at chapter 0. I might tho

User avatar
Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1005
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:48 pm
Location: Ohio, United States
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Malik_DBNA » Tue May 08, 2018 3:18 am

PFM18 wrote:
Malik_DBNA wrote:
PFM18 wrote:Ok. Loving the manga so far. I love Rigor's backstory and regardless of how it was drawn, it looks beautiful. Now, I am confused by where this takes place in the continuity. I saw in chapter zero it is specifically made it clear this was an alternate time that came after GT as in not part of the main continuity. I like that it uses GT but acknowledges GT is an alternate story and acknowledges the universe as universe 7(DB Super reference)....But it was still supposed to be an alternate story right? Then how come Beerus is mentioned? How can Beerus exist in a series with GT? And then Super Saiyan God is mentioned?
With a minor tweak, BoG and GT are able to exist within the same continuity, which is what this story does. So...
Is that explained in chapter 0? I read the first 21 chapters but didnt look at chapter 0. I might tho
There's a small abridged explanation in chapter zero, but a more in-depth explanation is in the "Altered History" section, which details all the changes to the timeline

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:03 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Malik_DBNA wrote:
With a minor tweak, BoG and GT are able to exist within the same continuity, which is what this story does. So...
Is that explained in chapter 0? I read the first 21 chapters but didnt look at chapter 0. I might tho
There's a small abridged explanation in chapter zero, but a more in-depth explanation is in the "Altered History" section, which details all the changes to the timeline
So are you done writing it or are you going to continue?

User avatar
Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1005
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:48 pm
Location: Ohio, United States
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Malik_DBNA » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:01 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Malik_DBNA wrote:
PFM18 wrote: Is that explained in chapter 0? I read the first 21 chapters but didnt look at chapter 0. I might tho
There's a small abridged explanation in chapter zero, but a more in-depth explanation is in the "Altered History" section, which details all the changes to the timeline
So are you done writing it or are you going to continue?
I'm going to continue when I can. I have work on Dragon Ball R&R and other commissions to finish

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by PFM18 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:05 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Malik_DBNA wrote: There's a small abridged explanation in chapter zero, but a more in-depth explanation is in the "Altered History" section, which details all the changes to the timeline
So are you done writing it or are you going to continue?
I'm going to continue when I can. I have work on Dragon Ball R&R and other commissions to finish
Wait you work on Masako's manga?

User avatar
Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1005
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:48 pm
Location: Ohio, United States
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Malik_DBNA » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:24 am

PFM18 wrote: Wait you work on Masako's manga?
Yes, I'm one of the character artists for his Dragon Ball R&R videos

User avatar
Limit-Breaking
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:25 pm

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Limit-Breaking » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:38 am

Malik_DBNA wrote:
PFM18 wrote: Wait you work on Masako's manga?
Yes, I'm one of the character artists for his Dragon Ball R&R videos
Hey I just wanted to say i love your work with Dragon Ball New age and i think it's really amazing, i also wanted to ask you on your thoughts about toyotaro being able to work with a person like akira toriyama, do you think it's amazing but also pretty bad that he basically is just retelling the story of super just in different sequences.

Also do you know when there will be more chapters on your deviantart or do you upload new chapters onto a different website now and if you do can i get a link please, besides all that just out of curiosity have you ever worked with young jiji before. Either way keep up the amazing work.

User avatar
Cetra
I Live Here
Posts: 3856
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Cetra » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:12 pm

Thank you for your effort, Malik!

Rigor, originaly created by Malik

Image

Braladjinn, originally created by Malik

Image
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7811
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:36 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
PFM18 wrote:Ok. Loving the manga so far. I love Rigor's backstory and regardless of how it was drawn, it looks beautiful. Now, I am confused by where this takes place in the continuity. I saw in chapter zero it is specifically made it clear this was an alternate time that came after GT as in not part of the main continuity. I like that it uses GT but acknowledges GT is an alternate story and acknowledges the universe as universe 7(DB Super reference)....But it was still supposed to be an alternate story right? Then how come Beerus is mentioned? How can Beerus exist in a series with GT? And then Super Saiyan God is mentioned?
With a minor tweak, BoG and GT are able to exist within the same continuity, which is what this story does. So...
Before the stuff after it, I sort of used BoG to explain why Goku became so ridiculously powerful in GT.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1005
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:48 pm
Location: Ohio, United States
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Malik_DBNA » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:58 am

ekrolo2 wrote: Before the stuff after it, I sort of used BoG to explain why Goku became so ridiculously powerful in GT.
I use it to explain the sparkles and red hair in Gogeta lol

Post Reply