Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:45 pm

ImageImageImage

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:09 pm

And that's basically it as far as weaknesses are concerned
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:26 am

When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:29 am

Yeah, I saw this. It's a pretty cool little bit of fan animation, even if it is traced.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:57 am

This was a lot fun :D
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:26 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Image

And that's basically it as far as weaknesses are concerned
This means Dr.Gero and Saibaman and Super Buu.... are girls! :shock:

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:39 am

The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:52 pm

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:27 pm

A fusion of Yamcha and Chiaotzu, by Dragon Garow Lee:

And before someone talk anything:

[spoiler]Image

He didn't forget Chiaotzu's hair :lol:[/spoiler]

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:52 pm

SSJgogeto wrote:A fusion of Yamcha and Chiaotzu, by Dragon Garow Lee:

And before someone talk anything:

[spoiler]Image

He didn't forget Chiaotzu's hair :lol:[/spoiler]
His Spirit ball would be overpowered with those psychic abilities.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:25 am

That Yamchao/Chiaocha/Yamtzu? actually looks pretty neat.

Sort of has this old kung-fu master look to him with the long hair and bald on top -- like he's past the "entering tournaments and fighting demons" age, technically retired but not old enough to become a gray-haired wrinkly geezer just yet, still able to kick somebody's ass but not going out of his way to look for a fight anymore.

You almost don't even notice the goofy pink Pikachu cheeks inherited from Chiaotzu. XD

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:58 am

I made this despite being really bad at making image edits and such, so I hope it's not too hard to read or follow.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:55 am

When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:11 pm

ImageImageImageImage

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:08 pm

The best picture I have ever seen.
GT Fighter

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:56 pm

I suppose we can add "Broly comes back and he's stronger than Super Saiyan 3 Vegetto."
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:03 pm

That has got to be THE most shared pic in this thread.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:16 pm

Which is ironic considering how inaccurate it is.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:13 am

Shaddy wrote:Which is ironic considering how inaccurate it is.
To be honest, I would've had the same reaction as that kid. I never liked these ideas when they've appeared in fanfiction so I know I wouldn't think too highly of them when they're all tossed together in one fanfic. I feel like I give it a pass and keep watching mainly because Toriyama is involved. I know if DBS was a fanfic or fan comic, I may have given up on that story a long time ago.

I don't speak for everyone and I'm sure there are fans who genuinely liked these ideas even when they appeared in fanfiction. I'm just saying there is some truth to this comic and I believe Toriyama's involvement definitely plays a factor in how much some fans are willing to accept.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:12 am