Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:59 am

Grimlock wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:01 am Image
I seriously consider the fact that Dragon Ball: Xenoverse did a much better job at adapting Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods than Dragon Ball Super ever did.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:13 pm

All sagas are better in the Xenoverse games.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:06 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:13 pm All sagas are better in the Xenoverse games.
Agreed.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:32 pm

"It really enhanced Goku's character arc in BoG for him to step aside and let my original character Sepiroth the hedgehog take care of Beerus"

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:38 pm

Shaddy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:32 pm "It really enhanced Goku's character arc in BoG for him to step aside and let my original character Sepiroth the hedgehog take care of Beerus"
Shaddy, not just Son Goku, but every single other member of the main cast and even a large number of the other characters from Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z had been heavily altered from their original respective looks and personalities when they had appeared in some shape or form in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F', Dragon Ball Super, and the Promotional Anime of Super Dragon Ball Heroes.

With all of this being done because the respective creative teams behind the respective creations of Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F', Dragon Ball Super, and the Promotional Anime of Super Dragon Ball Heroes simply haven't been trying anywhere near as much as they or their respective predecessors had for Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and some parts of Dragon Ball GT.

UI Peter
Banned Alternate Account

Post by UI Peter » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:50 pm

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:26 pm

UI Peter wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:50 pm Image
Imagine if it had been a hypothetical version of Yamcha that had never stopped training and also had been smart enough to have accompanied Son Goku each and every single time Son Goku would have trained under a Master of Martial Arts and even when Son Goku would have been training by his lonesome or with one or more other people?

This aforementioned version of Yamcha would have been tens of times or even hundreds of times stronger than his canon counterpart and would have been the absolute strongest Human to have existed.

Perhaps so much so it would seem, that this said version of Yamcha would have been able to win every single battle he would have lost in canon and even be able to cheat Death.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:51 pm

Shaddy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:32 pm "It really enhanced Goku's character arc in BoG for him to step aside and let my original character Sepiroth the hedgehog take care of Beerus"
:lol:

Legit burst out laughing for five minutes after I read this. :clap:

Thanks, Shaddy. :thumbup:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:00 am

Shaddy is the BEST! I tried pulling a rant out of him but he when he does it on his own its way more awesome. :) :D :P :mrgreen:
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:30 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:38 pm
Shaddy, not just Son Goku, but every single other member of the main cast and even a large number of the other characters from Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z had been heavily altered from their original respective looks and personalities when they had appeared in some shape or form in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F', Dragon Ball Super, and the Promotional Anime of Super Dragon Ball Heroes.

With all of this being done because the respective creative teams behind the respective creations of Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F', Dragon Ball Super, and the Promotional Anime of Super Dragon Ball Heroes simply haven't been trying anywhere near as much as they or their respective predecessors had for Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and some parts of Dragon Ball GT.
Well, you look like a massive douche saying this, but what does that have to do with xenoverse sucking?
Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:00 am Shaddy is the BEST! I tried pulling a rant out of him but he when he does it on his own its way more awesome. :) :D :P :mrgreen:
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=rant+definition

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:19 am

I dont get what you mean by that. But I will say I just enjoy snark when its witty and funny. Is that more acceptable to you?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:57 am

Uh. Well, yes, actually. I think there may have been a misunderstanding.

I thought you were sarcastically praising me for "ranting", like you were laughing at some version of me that's just angry all the time (some of the spats I got in with supersaiyanzero were kind of silly). Do I have egg on my face, and you're actually sincere in enjoying my posts unironically? Because if so, wow. I fucked up there, sorry if so.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:49 am

curedragon is like the most sincere and nice person i've met on the forums, so i imagine they were.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:47 am

Shaddy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:57 am Uh. Well, yes, actually. I think there may have been a misunderstanding.

I thought you were sarcastically praising me for "ranting", like you were laughing at some version of me that's just angry all the time (some of the spats I got in with supersaiyanzero were kind of silly). Do I have egg on my face, and you're actually sincere in enjoying my posts unironically? Because if so, wow. I fucked up there, sorry if so.

I'm NOT being sarcastic OR making fun of you. I have my favorites and I always try to make posts to make them post more stuff I like to read. You are fine. Really! You are awesome. Who doesnt love some snark.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:43 pm

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:58 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:38 pm

You could've simply said "Super bad" and it would've been more substantive than anything you actually said here. Listing out the full italicised titles of every piece of Dragon Ball media like you're trying to fill out the word count to an essay doesn't change that.

So the Super era has changed some of the characters' looks and personalities?... And?...

Liked your Yamcha meme though.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:25 am

UI Peter wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:50 pm Image
Fans say that Jiren is boring and bad, but at least they sense of humour can relate to him.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:28 pm

I know it's a joke, but there's a reason Jiren mostly relied on weak (to him) attacks when forced into combat with those significantly weaker than him. In an encounter with Yamcha, he'd just flick a finger in his general direction, and let the shockwave push him out of the arena.

UI Peter
Banned Alternate Account

Post by UI Peter » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:25 am

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:09 am