Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Alruneia
I Live Here

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Alruneia » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:46 am

PurestEvil wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:29 am
Grimlock wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:27 am Any good reason why they went with green hair for Kafla instead of the usual golden hair as it is supposed to be? :|
because that is Kale's berserk SSJ hair color
Toei did turn up the Broly-ness of everything relating to Kale as much as they could, though, that's for sure. As far as the manga goes, and I don't mean the coloured-in version that was made by other people afterwards, there's no reason to believe that Kale or Kefla's hair is green instead of the usual golden yellow. It's never mentioned that the hair colour is different from "regular" Super Saiyan for either of them, and the hair is shaded in the same way as the usual form, i.e that it's left uninked.
So yeah, I think the answer is that they went with green hair because they were leeching off of an iconic part of Broly's design. Whether that's a good reason or not, I dunno. I wonder what Toriyama actually intended, since Broly from DBS: BR having a green-haired form was apparently not his idea. Maybe Toriyama's original vision contained zero green-haired saiyans? They'd probably never tell us that, though.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:57 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:47 am
FrioPolar wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:21 am Image
I like Kefla's design.
The rest? <vomit>
I think the same with Kefla
You changed your mind with toppo xd that I remember before, you thought otherwise ...
SSJBlue is a bad transformation anyway so uh ...

PD: not this rage trunks anyway ... that's the worst of all :sick:

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:00 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:57 am
FrioPolar wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:21 am Image
I like Kefla's design.
The rest? <vomit>
You changed your mind with toppo xd that I remember before, you thought otherwise ...

Hmm, i don't remember that. Transformed Toppo on its own doesn't look that bad and could work for other character, but this transformation is complete opposite of Toppo. He was meant to be pride warrior, fighting with honour and for justice. He was one of guys who bashed #17 for not letting Ribrianne and her crew transform. That form turned him into douchebag and doesn't fit his character at all.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:03 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:00 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:57 am
I like Kefla's design.
The rest? <vomit>

Hmm, i don't remember that. Transformed Toppo on its own doesn't look that bad and could work for other character, but this transformation is complete opposite of Toppo. He was meant to be pride warrior, fighting with honour and for justice. He was one of guys who bashed #17 for not letting Ribrianne and her crew transform. That form turned him into douchebag and doesn't fit his character at all.

personally I think it improves it ... as in the case of ribrianne that her design "worsened" for me
but ok i understand your point

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:54 pm

The reason some people still hate Kale and Caulifla is because they still live in 2016.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:12 pm

Agreed. It's not because Kale isn't her own character, a pointless rip-off/bad homage to another bad character... No, the only reason to "hate" her is because people live in the past. Nowadays said character evolved, got her own development, became an iconic and truly wonderful character with a charming personality.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:27 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:12 pm Agreed. It's not because Kale isn't her own character, a pointless rip-off/bad homage to another bad character... No, the only reason to "hate" her is because people live in the past. Nowadays said character evolved, got her own development, became an iconic and truly wonderful character with a charming personality.
She certainly got less irritating overtime
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:29 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:12 pm Agreed. It's not because Kale isn't her own character, a pointless rip-off/bad homage to another bad character... No, the only reason to "hate" her is because people live in the past. Nowadays said character evolved, got her own development, became an iconic and truly wonderful character with a charming personality.
I agree she is a bad character, but if 2016 was a normal year i truly believe that the hate for these 2 would mostly be non existent.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:36 pm

"People" don't hate Caulifla, Kale, and Kefla. Look up any reaction video to Kefla's announcement for Fighterz and you'll realize that.

5 people complaining on Kanzenshuu about Caulifla, Kale, and Kefla doesn't make them hated characters.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:23 pm

i agree many overlook kale development ... which is sad
Jiren The Alpha wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:29 pm
I agree she is a bad character, but if 2016 was a normal year i truly believe that the hate for these 2 would mostly be non existent.
personally I like more than goten ... which was a copy of kid goku but almost nobody complains about him

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:24 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:41 am
FoolsGil wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:46 am Image

by @ogatodobalaio
the fact that krillin went straight for 1817's ass is a bit sus
You say that...

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:42 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:36 pm"People" don't hate Caulifla, Kale, and Kefla. Look up any reaction video to Kefla's announcement for Fighterz and you'll realize that.
To be fair, here it looks more like "salt" than "hate".
My only complain about these transformations is that Blue Evolution is too bright.

Bulma's first anime appearence

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:56 pm

Did you know that Bulma first appearence in animation wasn't in the original DragonBall, but in Urusei Yatsura? At the end of the third movie, Bulma can been seen sliding across the screen more than once. This movie predates the first show by a year and a month.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:10 pm

lol studio deen got her hair color correct unlike toei.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:08 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:24 pm You say that...

I don't blame him tbh.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:55 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:08 pm

I don't blame him tbh.
I once thought Salza was a girl...
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:06 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:55 pm
PurestEvil wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:08 pm

I don't blame him tbh.
I once thought Salza was a girl...
I thought Trunks was a girl! The bishounen was intense in the 90s!

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:51 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:42 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:36 pm"People" don't hate Caulifla, Kale, and Kefla. Look up any reaction video to Kefla's announcement for Fighterz and you'll realize that.
It looks more like "double standards", it's always been just a bunch of double standards since 2017. Double standards, and people forgetting that Super Saiyan already became a joke with Goten and Trunks in the Majin Buu arc.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:49 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:51 pm
SSJgogeto wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:42 pm
It looks more like "double standards", it's always been just a bunch of double standards since 2017. Double standards, and people forgetting that Super Saiyan already became a joke with Goten and Trunks in the Majin Buu arc.
Yeah, but Goten and Trunks going Super Saiyan was literally a joke. Gohan and Vegeta both were aware of how absurd it was. But for Caulifla, it's just sort of accepted that she's naturally gifted as a Super Saiyan. It doesn't bother me, because I'm used to this kind of thing by now, especially from Super. Toriyama never kept track of power levels or anything like that. Characters were always as strong as they needed to be for the plot. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for Kale, I both like and hate her. She's annoying. She's basically a female version of the original Broly, with all the weaknesses that come with that. Bit odd them doing this before giving us a rebooted Broly with more depth and less "KAKAROT!!!" And in the dub, they made her worse. Rather than just saying Goku's name, she says "Goku the ____!" I usually enjoy the dub better, but that and the "time to make the donuts" thing really perplexed me.

It would be nice if we got a little story arc showing the three U6 Saiyans training to go SS3, though. That's one transformation that has always been (outside of Heroes content) very difficult to reach. We've only seen Goku and Gotenks use it in canon so far. And they've already set that story up in the anime. Although there have been a lot of things in the anime that have led to nowhere... Cabba inviting Vegeta to Sadala, Gohan hinting at reaching a new level on his own that isn't a god form, Frieza manipulating the gods to increase his power and influence... Would be nice if they'd close some of these loose threads. ...Or they could give us more Broly. Whatever.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:30 am