Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:57 pm

These belong here

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:29 am

A Pik-kone.

Source:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/70489060

Found this in a comic about U4 for some reason. Been checking these out as of recent.

Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:11 pm

Trouser wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:59 am
In a timeline where Raditz is sucessful convincing Goku to join him, still a good concept though many fanfics don't know how to do well.
Soppa Saia People wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:54 pm this argument is no offense, really ridiculous. dragon ball with any sort of dub is always gonna be popular everywhere, it's dragon ball. ranma ½ which had a super accurate and (imo anyway) really good dub, was super popular in america for a time and that's a series that probably should've polarized American audiences...
uh aren't you overstimating a Ranma 1/2 a little bit? Is just a story about a boy that can turn into a girl... I don't think it could be that popular, considering Inuyasha (made by same author) is so much better and didn't get the same hype as the likes of Saint Seiya and Yu Yu Hakusho for that matter.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:19 pm

ranma ½ was big in the US in the 90s (and inyuasha definitely is bigger then Saint seiya in the states and is probably on the same tier as yyh anyway), it was one of the biggest manga in america for a short while and the anime did very well. anime would've gotten popular over here eventually but ranma helped it a lot.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:56 am

Soppa Saia People wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:19 pm ranma ½ was big in the US in the 90s (and inyuasha definitely is bigger then Saint seiya in the states and is probably on the same tier as yyh anyway), it was one of the biggest manga in america for a short while and the anime did very well. anime would've gotten popular over here eventually but ranma helped it a lot.
Not gonna lie, Ranma 1/2 didn't ring any bells. Googled it, and it still doesn't look familiar. In the 90s, I saw DBZ, Inuyasha, Big O, Rurouni Kenshin, YuYu Hakushou, etc., and I was vaguely aware of Sailor Moon. Never saw Ranma.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:40 am

Noah wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:11 pm
Trouser wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:59 am
In a timeline where Raditz is sucessful convincing Goku to join him, still a good concept though many fanfics don't know how to do well.
I agree. What do you think about DBM take on this subject?
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:58 am

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:40 pm

She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:21 am

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:32 pm

Looks like another week before this forced Dom meme has run its course, maybe two.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:55 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:56 am Not gonna lie, Ranma 1/2 didn't ring any bells. Googled it, and it still doesn't look familiar. In the 90s, I saw DBZ, Inuyasha, Big O, Rurouni Kenshin, YuYu Hakushou, etc., and I was vaguely aware of Sailor Moon. Never saw Ranma.
i mean cool anecdotal evidence but this is literally a documented thing

sorry i'm gonna take stuff that was actually backed up at the time rather then what 1 person remembers from when they were a kid. also the yu yu hakusho manga was published in america in 03 and the anime in 02, the big o came out in late 99 and didn't debut in the states untill 2001 and inyuasha's anime debuted in 2000 so i would be really impressed in you saw all of those in the 90s tbh.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:39 am

Decided to go to Pixiv and found lots of stuff, mostly cute comics. Not sure why delayed that until now, it's pretty fun.

Source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/70316360

Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:48 am

Soppa Saia People wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:55 am
ZeroNeonix wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:56 am Not gonna lie, Ranma 1/2 didn't ring any bells. Googled it, and it still doesn't look familiar. In the 90s, I saw DBZ, Inuyasha, Big O, Rurouni Kenshin, YuYu Hakushou, etc., and I was vaguely aware of Sailor Moon. Never saw Ranma.
i mean cool anecdotal evidence but this is literally a documented thing

sorry i'm gonna take stuff that was actually backed up at the time rather then what 1 person remembers from when they were a kid. also the yu yu hakusho manga was published in america in 03 and the anime in 02, the big o came out in late 99 and didn't debut in the states untill 2001 and inyuasha's anime debuted in 2000 so i would be really impressed in you saw all of those in the 90s tbh.
Yeah, I don't care. Dragon Ball has much more general appeal. If you ask a random person on the street what Dragon Ball is, they'll probably recognize it as the show with the guy who can transform to make his hair yellow. Ask the same random person what Ranma is, they're not going to have any idea. I still see Dragon Ball t-shirts everywhere I go. Haven't seen one Ranma shirt. Hell, out of the top five favorite anime shows, according to your poll, I've heard of only two of them.

There's actually a very easy answer for that discrepancy, if you care to get off your high horse and actually think for a minute. The poll is for people subscribed to an anime themed magazine. These people are obviously anime fans, not the general public. Best selling anime series? Does the general public buy anime? Hell no. Anime is expensive. Again, your data is based on people who are anime fans, not the general public.

Oh, but clearly I don't have any idea what I'm talking about. Ranma clearly the more popular series.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:06 pm

I've heard of Ranma 1/2 before but I wasn't aware it was dubbed in English. My experience with anime as a kid was limited to Toonami and Fox Kids though. I probably missed it if it ever aired on either of those channels.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:55 pm

Back when I was a kid, we were limited to antenna TV. The only anime I saw was Pokémon. There was a Spanish channel that played DBZ, but I couldn't understand what was going on. Years later, we'd get cable, and Toonami with it. It was then I was introduced to DBZ proper, along with YuYu Hakushou, Inuyasha, and others. Pretty sure Ranma 1/2 was not aired on Toonami, and I don't know where any casual viewer would have seen it.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:36 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:55 pm Back when I was a kid, we were limited to antenna TV. The only anime I saw was Pokémon. There was a Spanish channel that played DBZ, but I couldn't understand what was going on. Years later, we'd get cable, and Toonami with it. It was then I was introduced to DBZ proper, along with YuYu Hakushou, Inuyasha, and others. Pretty sure Ranma 1/2 was not aired on Toonami, and I don't know where any casual viewer would have seen it.
That's how it was for me too. We only had the local free channels so all I had was Fox Kids to watch for anime and had to go to my neighbor's house to watch Cartoon Network. The first anime I ever watched were Digimon Adventure and Flint the Time Detective. I was checking Ranma 1/2 and it looks like the only English channel it aired on was called Animax but it seems that channel is only available in Asia. According to the wiki, it was also dubbed by the Ocean Group but that dub was only released on VHS and later DVD.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:42 am

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:55 pm

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:02 am

Manga spoilers, but...
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:51 pm

I vaguely remember Ranma 1/2 as a kid, but funny enough, I mostly remember it from advertisements on my old Pokemon VHS