Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:33 am

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:36 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:33 am Image
I really hate all of the people responsible for ridiculing Son Goku and the rest of the Dragon World as a whole by having created such a mostly horrible interquel to Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:43 pm

Just forget about it and when you have free time and want more of Dragon Ball, go play Dragon Ball Online instead. You're in for a great time, especially if you like MMORPG in general. If not, just try to know all the stuff it establishes. :thumbup:

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:04 am

Actually, it's bad. I played it. It's really boring, and most of it's decisions are worthless or actively harmful to Dragon Ball as a narrative. It's impressive just how much everything other than Super has managed to completely and utterly obliterate the tone and soul of the series and also coerce a bunch of people into thinking they're not fans of massive piles of shit.

As an MMO, it's completely generic and lacks anything to make it stand out from any other MMO, even the few good ones that exist. Dragon Ball's identity is completely missing, throwing you into perfectly-generic locations with lifeless NPCs and a million of the same boring enemies to fight with the usual mindless MMO combat to get completely arbitrary items for sidequests that amount to little more than "give me the thing". You can barely even customize your character, a far cry from even the also-bad-but-not-as-bad Xenoverse, something that was probably the best thing about that game.

It's not worth anyone's time, least of all Dragon Ball fans.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:42 am

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:49 am

I always love how they draw Vados like a pinup girl. And somehow Goku, who doesn't care about women, is from the hood and gets all the 'bitches'.

DeviantArt was made for humor.
We the ones

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:23 pm

by @AndrewGoudreau

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:29 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:23 pm by @AndrewGoudreau

Ugh........ Creative but I HATE the Simpsons.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:45 pm

It must have been a Latin American artist because Kid Goku and Ralph share the same voice actress, Laura Torres.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:39 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:29 pm Ugh........ Creative but I HATE the Simpsons.
They're coming with torches...
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:35 pm

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:39 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:35 pm Image
Tch, and people complain about Goten/Trunks not aging.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:24 pm

That's amazing. Even little baby Pan is in on it.
PurestEvil wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:39 pm Tch, and people complain about Goten/Trunks not aging.
I want someone to ask Toriyama about that just to see what absolutely wild retcon he comes up with. "Saiyans have two puberties and it's during the second that major changes in height happen" "Trunks and Goten have a rare bone disease that temporarily stunts their growth" "S-cells cause the body to revert to the state it was in during your first SSJ transformation so changes in height will only happen after you've spent an extra long amount of time out of SSJ." I need some new crazy revelation. All the best ones happened while I wasn't paying attention.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:30 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:24 pm
I want someone to ask Toriyama about that just to see what absolutely wild retcon he comes up with. "Saiyans have two puberties and it's during the second that major changes in height happen" "Trunks and Goten have a rare bone disease that temporarily stunts their growth" "S-cells cause the body to revert to the state it was in during your first SSJ transformation so changes in height will only happen after you've spent an extra long amount of time out of SSJ." I need some new crazy revelation. All the best ones happened while I wasn't paying attention.
Or maybe, just like lifting weights as a teenager can halt your growth, being a SS at such a young age, slows the growth. Nahh, we'll probably never reach EoZ and never ever see Goten and Trunks ever again.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:43 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:24 pm"Saiyans have two puberties and it's during the second that major changes in height happen"
Well:

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:56 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:43 pm
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:24 pm"Saiyans have two puberties and it's during the second that major changes in height happen"
Well:

YESSSSSSSS

Also, I love a reveal that only makes sense until you think about it. Sure looking like a child is advantageous on Earth but what about on a planet populated by giant bug people? How would they know (or care) what a young primate looks like?

Thank you for this. Second best thing that's happened to me today.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:02 pm

Well, Jaco's explanation hardly justifies anyone else, though. Toriyama just put on words what we saw/happened with Goku during his growth in Dragon Ball.

It can explain Goten's height too, since his appearance as a teenager hasn't been established yet, but it certainly doesn't explain Trunks.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:53 pm

More like this explanation ALONE doesn't explain present Trunks. We have a whole world of theories/possibilities here, like "different timelines, different events", or "the environment forced Future Trunks' body to adapt". Plot holes aren't something new in Dragon Ball, so I just have an open mind about this.
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:56 pmThank you for this. Second best thing that's happened to me today.
No prob, but to be honest, I thought everyone here in Kanzenshuu knew about that :lol:

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:08 pm

Grimlock wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:02 pm Well, Jaco's explanation hardly justifies anyone else, though. Toriyama just put on words what we saw/happened with Goku during his growth in Dragon Ball.

It can explain Goten's height too, since his appearance as a teenager hasn't been established yet, but it certainly doesn't explain Trunks.

What? I don't see a difference. And Trunks always had blue hair.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:34 pm

huh ? no he hasn't, his hair was totally purple during the series' original run.

I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸