Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tian
Advanced Regular

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Tian » Sun May 12, 2019 3:45 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:13 pm Image
I was really expecting some fighting action between Midnight and Sunset in that part rather than the simple clash of beams we got. It was such a let down :(

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun May 12, 2019 6:22 am

Tian wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:45 am
sunsetshimmer wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:13 pm Image
I was really expecting some fighting action between Midnight and Sunset in that part rather than the simple clash of beams we got. It was such a let down :(
Yea that would be cool but you shouldn't expect too much from such cartoon. It's still awesome this show actually has any fights, even short ones. It kinda breaks the annoying stereotype of MLP being stupid cartoon for kids with no action, no humour, no character development and no values. Anyway, Twilight vs Tirek was very DB-ish actually. And Midnight's defeat looks almost like Cell's defeat. Probably a coincidence but who knows. MLP is known for very unusual references (especially for a kid show) and we already got ponyfied Bulma in one of episodes :D

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun May 12, 2019 10:49 am

In honour of recent events concerning Super, or maybe just of a certain Dragon Ball YouTuber in general:

aka "Geekdom's favourite MCU movie" since it's an edit of the Doctor Strange movie title
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat May 18, 2019 1:48 pm

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat May 18, 2019 4:28 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:31 am
:lol: :clap: we need more of these!

I mean I imagine people being angry and pathetic by complaning about these memes while they are just overblow and exaggerated in every aspect. Both Super and GT are terrible to average series at best, it doesn't matter really which one is better. I just find these funny.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sat May 18, 2019 4:53 pm

Noah wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:28 pm :lol: :clap: we need more of these!

I mean I imagine people being angry and pathetic by complaning about these memes while they are just overblow and exaggerated in every aspect. Both Super and GT are terrible to average series at best, it doesn't matter really which one is better. I just find these funny.
Imagine a person posting images to a Marvel movies forum that said "every person who enjoys the MCU is a whiny baby cringe idiot! Rob Liefeld is the true creator of everything, and anyone who disagrees is a dumb baby child who stinks and eats poop! THEY ARE STUPID! LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE TO MY FORTNITE YOUTUBE CHANNEL!".

You wouldn't think that's maybe a little bit childish?

This person has made THOUSANDS of these, and you think people saying "hey maybe this is just a bit dumb to post on a forum where a lot of people like shows" are the ones who are """pathetic"""?

I mean, if you wanna talk angry, it'd probably be the guys who judge GT and Super by "OMFG KID GOKU IS SO MUCH STRONGERRRRR" and can't take the news that Super takes precedence over their boring nostalgia-bias show.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat May 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Noah wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:28 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:31 am
:lol: :clap: we need more of these!

It can also be said that those who create these memes are usually are angry and pathetic to hold a grudge against a series that was more successful than the other despite both being "criticized"

The memes aren'tt the "problem" but to make believe that publishing bad publicity of other pages which foment the hatred between both series is really something positive?
when a user could post innocently funny images that do not seek to offend anyone based on personal.
you are seeing only what you want to see ...
is it childish people who complain? I could swear that it is also the people who provoke it ... especially when it is intentional and if ... you should not defend an action that you know is wrong if you will then treat others like the bad guys. :crazy:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun May 19, 2019 12:22 am

Shaddy wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:53 pmImagine a person posting images to a Marvel movies forum that said "every person who enjoys the MCU is a whiny baby cringe idiot! Rob Liefeld is the true creator of everything, and anyone who disagrees is a dumb baby child who stinks and eats poop! THEY ARE STUPID! LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE TO MY FORTNITE YOUTUBE CHANNEL!".

You wouldn't think that's maybe a little bit childish?

This person has made THOUSANDS of these, and you think people saying "hey maybe this is just a bit dumb to post on a forum where a lot of people like shows" are the ones who are """pathetic"""?

I mean, if you wanna talk angry, it'd probably be the guys who judge GT and Super by "OMFG KID GOKU IS SO MUCH STRONGERRRRR" and can't take the news that Super takes precedence over their boring nostalgia-bias show.

Well to be fair this is not a Dragon Ball Super only forum and yes for the franchise as a whole. So your comparison would make sense if the said person posted on a general Marvel forum, but anyway...

Yes it is childish, but gosh why take it so seriously? I mean I even showed those to my friends who really liked Super and they thought it was funny, because it's god damn absurd :lol:

I mean who the hell cares if Super characters can blink GT universe out of the way or the opposite, I see all of these as satires of fan base discussions regarding battle powers and other story aspects. That's why I not get offended by those and neither think other people should be.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun May 19, 2019 2:08 am

exaggerating would be that this was done every 1or 2 times a month ... there would be no problem and it would be taken with humor but anyone would hate this often .. and again the fomentation of hate is to reinforce the negative

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun May 19, 2019 3:43 am

Noah wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:22 am Yes it is childish, but gosh why take it so seriously? I mean I even showed those to my friends who really liked Super and they thought it was funny, because it's god damn absurd :lol:
Because disrespecting people for which show they like is dumb, and also against this forum's rules? These things aren't made ironically, and allowing, normalizing and spreading garbage like this is exactly how you divide communities.

Also what does "taking it so seriously" mean to you, other than I guess "caring about anything"? Steven Bloodriver makes a shitty post, I tell him why it's shitty, he doesn't learn, makes another shitty post in a couple days, repeat. That's not exactly a huge chunk of my time, and I don't just sit around angry about it like the people making them obviously did after watching Super. Maybe making one post about why a thing is bad takes a lot of effort for you? I dunno.

If you want to see me actually get worked up, go in the Vic thread.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun May 19, 2019 10:25 am

Shaddy wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:43 amBecause disrespecting people for which show they like is dumb, and also against this forum's rules? These things aren't made ironically, and allowing, normalizing and spreading garbage like this is exactly how you divide communities.

Also what does "taking it so seriously" mean to you, other than I guess "caring about anything"? Steven Bloodriver makes a shitty post, I tell him why it's shitty, he doesn't learn, makes another shitty post in a couple days, repeat. That's not exactly a huge chunk of my time, and I don't just sit around angry about it like the people making them obviously did after watching Super. Maybe making one post about why a thing is bad takes a lot of effort for you? I dunno.

If you want to see me actually get worked up, go in the Vic thread.

Well, for me Steven Bloodriver is not going against the forum rules. I don't see how posting memes of a show being better than another one in the franchise, could be more different that we had before in this thread. I mean for realsies, do you really think we didn't got in the past people making absurd comparisons about DB and Z or Z with GT? One trashing the another? There's no big deal about it. Again this is not a Dragon Ball Super only forum, if it was a person posting memes of I don't know... Naruto being leaps and bounds better than DB? Using the same exaggerated tone, now that would be inappropriated.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun May 19, 2019 1:47 pm

Did you just miss the "constantly insulting people who like one show over the other" bit, or did you intentionally ignore it like the rest of what I typed?

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue May 21, 2019 7:45 pm

Mostly active on discord.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed May 22, 2019 1:34 pm

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed May 22, 2019 2:22 pm

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu May 23, 2019 1:17 pm

So, over in Tony Stark: Iron Man #11 from Marvel Comics, apparently this happened.

AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu May 23, 2019 3:01 pm

Image by @TheSpoonman5

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu May 23, 2019 4:52 pm

Tavarano
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Tavarano » Sun May 26, 2019 7:43 pm

Akira Toriyama wrote:As a rule, there is no such thing as a theme in my work.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon May 27, 2019 8:58 pm