Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:22 am

ImageImage

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:19 pm

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:45 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:19 pm Image
This has been posted like five times already.

Tavarano
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Tavarano » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:53 pm

Akira Toriyama wrote:As a rule, there is no such thing as a theme in my work.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:37 pm

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:57 pm

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:09 pm

I'm so fucking tired of the "GOKU IS A TERRIBLE FATHER" fad. This is also while there are some nice jokes in it I FUCKING DESPISE DRAGON BALL ABRIDGED.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:14 pm

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:53 pm

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:07 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:09 pm I'm so fucking tired of the "GOKU IS A TERRIBLE FATHER" fad. This is also while there are some nice jokes in it I FUCKING DESPISE DRAGON BALL ABRIDGED.
I agree, its getting old.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:22 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:09 pm I'm so fucking tired of the "GOKU IS A TERRIBLE FATHER" fad. This is also while there are some nice jokes in it I FUCKING DESPISE DRAGON BALL ABRIDGED.

THANK YOU. It’s a shitty meme to begin with and loooooong overstayed it’s welcome

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:42 am

Hmm. I didn't know you didn't like Dragon Ball Z Abridged.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:37 am

I know. This is the very first time I vocalized my hatred. I came out of the closet. I love the TFS team and the more lighthearted and plotless (Because the story is cancer incarnate, everyone is a fucking horrible person and that's the plot and most of the humor is like that. Oh and before anyone says "That's Toriyama!" Toriyama has never been so relentlessly joyless and unfunny.)jokes that are divorced from the storyline.

Also that "Gohan's dream" is taken from GT, THAT'S NOT EVEN GOHAN FUCK DAMN I'm REALLY PISSED NOW.

Oh and had it not been for Trunks Goku would have arrived earlier, given Gohan and Chichi some kindness if not love (THIS is Toriyama after all.) and lived happily until he died from the heart virus.

Again MAJOR Love for Masako X, Kaiser Neko, Megami (Who I think did the "everyone is horrible" humor much better or at least didnt try to pass for a professional fandub) and everyone else.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:59 am

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Tavarano
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Tavarano » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:36 am

Akira Toriyama wrote:As a rule, there is no such thing as a theme in my work.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:18 pm

I know this probably isn't totally canon, since the anime made up a lot of stuff, but one of the earliest memories Goku had of Gohan was the time he accidentally let his stroller roll down a steep hill, and Gohan narrowly avoided splattering his brains on a tree by unleashing his hidden power at the last second. Goku's not exactly Father of the Year material. It's also canon that Saiyans don't typically care too much about family ties, with the exception of the royal family, according to an interview with Toriyama. Although Goku was raised on earth, he has shown he has that Saiyan trait. He sees his wife and children as more like close friends than family. Goku is very irresponsible, often abandoning his family for months at a time to pursue his dream of becoming the strongest fighter who ever lived. While sometimes he has the excuse of being dead, that hasn't always been the case, such as when he chose not to return home via Shenron because he wanted to master the Instant Transmission technique or when he left to train with Whis. So I while wouldn't say Goku is a terrible father, but he's not really a good one either.

Vegeta, ironically, has become more like an Earthling than Goku. Part of that may be because of his royal bloodline. Because of his heritage, he sees his children as the continuation of his legacy, and takes great pride in them. His wife he didn't really seem to care much for at first, but he's softened up to her over time, particularly during the Buu arc. Now he, the Saiyan raised by Saiyans, is the one who finds Goku's lack of Earthling romanticism appalling.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:22 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:18 pm
I know this probably isn't totally canon, since the anime made up a lot of stuff, but one of the earliest memories Goku had of Gohan was the time he accidentally let his stroller roll down a steep hill, and Gohan narrowly avoided splattering his brains on a tree by unleashing his hidden power at the last second. Goku's not exactly Father of the Year material. It's also canon that Saiyans don't typically care too much about family ties, with the exception of the royal family, according to an interview with Toriyama. Although Goku was raised on earth, he has shown he has that Saiyan trait. He sees his wife and children as more like close friends than family. Goku is very irresponsible, often abandoning his family for months at a time to pursue his dream of becoming the strongest fighter who ever lived. While sometimes he has the excuse of being dead, that hasn't always been the case, such as when he chose not to return home via Shenron because he wanted to master the Instant Transmission technique or when he left to train with Whis. So I while wouldn't say Goku is a terrible father, but he's not really a good one either.

Vegeta, ironically, has become more like an Earthling than Goku. Part of that may be because of his royal bloodline. Because of his heritage, he sees his children as the continuation of his legacy, and takes great pride in them. His wife he didn't really seem to care much for at first, but he's softened up to her over time, particularly during the Buu arc. Now he, the Saiyan raised by Saiyans, is the one who finds Goku's lack of Earthling romanticism appalling.
I KNOW! But DBZA takes it to a whole 'nother level of fucking awful. I know he's irresponsible, I know he has endangered Gohan. But he's a not a monster or the horrible being it makes Goku to be. And yes Toriyama does have canon statements that Goku is a bad father and selfish and blah blah blah. At least he knows how to do humor right and doesnt have everyone be an asshole.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:05 pm

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:54 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:22 pmI KNOW! But DBZA takes it to a whole 'nother level of fucking awful. I know he's irresponsible, I know he has endangered Gohan. But he's a not a monster or the horrible being it makes Goku to be. And yes Toriyama does have canon statements that Goku is a bad father and selfish and blah blah blah. At least he knows how to do humor right and doesnt have everyone be an asshole.
Dragon Ball Z Abridged is a parody. Exaggeration comes with the territory.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:35 pm