Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:44 am

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:15 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:44 am
Super "canonizing" GT's elements will be the final nail in its coffin.
Tai Lung wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:44 am
And that's how Freeza's hate for the Saiyans began.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:59 pm

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:15 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:59 pm Image
Bad argument. Trunks had already unlocked SSJ1 & 2 when those events happened.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:22 pm

sintzu wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:15 pm
How will having a second try at ideas that were good but lacked good execution get Super any closer to a coffin when the grave hasn't even been dug yet?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:31 pm

Kanassa wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:22 pm
How will having a second try at ideas that were good but lacked good execution get Super any closer to a coffin when the grave hasn't even been dug yet?
His point was that if Super manages to execute GT's ideas better than GT itself, then GT would be completely worthless as a series.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:33 pm

I was talking about super putting the nail in Gt's coffin. I think I should've made that clearer.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:58 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:59 pm Image
Trunks going SSJ was a filler and DBS should be considered as manga sequel (even though it fails because it included some fillers anyway). Anyway, it doesn't even matter if he did or not, or if it was filler or not. Saying DBS Trunks should turn SSJ is saying characters should have no development and should have repetitive behaviour.

I mean there are TONS of problems with DBS Trunks, but him staying in base forms isn't one of them.
ruler9871 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:31 pm
His point was that if Super manages to execute GT's ideas better than GT itself, then GT would be completely worthless as a series.
Super fails at executing its own ideas, let alone borrowed ones. There is literally no chance of SSJ4 being executed better in Super. The only thing that could and probably would be better, are fights. But i can't imagine DBS making SSJ4 look as badass even when fighting silly beings like Rage Shenron or giving it such emotional and memorable debut. The only form that had good executed introduction in Super was first UI Omen. They should keep this scene for real UI debut which was meh in the end and never made me return to this scene again (unlike Goku going UI Omen for the first time).
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:08 pm

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:01 pm

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:12 pm

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:03 pm

My favoraite moment in the Buu Saga!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:40 pm

Kanassa wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:03 pm My favoraite moment in the Buu Saga!
More Dragon Ball x Red Dwarf please!

Me, after someone explains the gameplay of Dragon Ball Fusions: So is it doing what I think it's doing?
Someone: Why, what do you think it's doing?
Me: Playing pool with planet-busters!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:26 am

The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:45 pm

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:54 pm

Actually it's more like the opposite :D

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:00 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:45 pm Image
The more memes I see like this, the more I'm convince that GT fanboys are the most insecure people in the Dragonball fandom. I've never see any of the same butthurt from Super fanboys when it comes to GT smh.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:52 pm

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:32 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:52 pm Image
I don't buy any of that. Nobody that clueless about Dragon Ball would use the term "SSJ Goku". And more casuals have probably heard the name "Hercule" than "Mr Satan."

Those "my wife/girlfriend/woman I desperately want to validate my boyish hobby reacts to" gags are rarely funny unless it's like a live video reaction. Otherwise anyone can make up any old answer.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:27 pm

ruler9871 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:00 pm
The more memes I see like this, the more I'm convince that GT fanboys are the most insecure people in the Dragonball fandom. I've never see any of the same butthurt from Super fanboys when it comes to GT smh.
This seems kind of insecure in itself.

I don't see much difference in behavior in either camp, broadly speaking. The most vocal fans are usually the most sensitive, regardless of what they're vocal about.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!