Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:56 pm

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:42 pm

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:02 pm

you probably shouldn't post images with slurs in them.

though i was reading something on here last night about how gohan calls boo the r-word during their fight :S
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:31 am

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:56 am

Soppa Saia People wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:02 pm though i was reading something on here last night about how gohan calls boo the r-word during their fight :S
It's a very harsh translation, but yes, during their fight, Gohan calls Super Buu something (usunoro) that can be translated as "you retard". Offensive or not, it's a very memorable translation. It's a shame, perhaps, but it's just how it goes.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:28 pm

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:13 pm

Alruneia wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:56 am It's a very harsh translation, but yes, during their fight, Gohan calls Super Buu something (usunoro) that can be translated as "you retard". Offensive or not, it's a very memorable translation. It's a shame, perhaps, but it's just how it goes.
yeah it's a little shocking in terms of how polite gohan normally is shown too be, but i think that's the point with showing off how different he is after the elder kaioshin power up. of course ymmv on how effect that is.

^also all the ginyus are mega Chad's.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:44 pm

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:43 am

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:12 pm

The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:29 pm

Translation:
- If you don't mind, I'm trying to improve Dragon Ball Super!
- With fanservice and ass-pulled power ups?
- No. With plots and good strategies. Of course, with fanservice and power ups!
Last edited by Tian on Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:33 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:12 pm Image
That would explain a lot...

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:40 pm

Tian wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:29 pm Image
Translation:
- No. With plots and good strategies. Of course, with fanservice and ass-pulled power ups!
Dragon Ball Super is nothing but what Akira Toriyama pulls out of his own old wrinkly ass...

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:15 am

This phrase is funny because of your avatar.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:35 am

The new series: DBGH (Dragon Ball: Glass Houses)

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:13 am

I hope that meme is like 2 years old, or are some people still mad about the Trunks asspull? Like, we get it, he took a sword out of his ass and destroyed Zamasu's body in 2 minutes, that was like 3 years ago. We can move on.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:49 am

Really? We're still doing the 'let's act like we hate Toriyama because of Super' thing? Greaaaattttt.

I'll never understand how anyone finds any of that stuff funny. You might not agree with everything Toriyama does plot wise, but it's still the same guy who made the material that you do find enjoyable, so you'd think more people would still be appreciative because of that. It's the same issue I have with people who still rant and rave about the Star Wars prequels. We get it, you hate the movies. Lucas still made the old movies that you do like though, so a certain modicum of respect would, you'd think, still be due, but that certainly doesn't seem to be the case with how entitled fandoms nowadays seem to act.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:24 pm

honestly though, if you just cut off that "sometimes i wipe my own ass and hand them to toei" one at just "sometimes i like to wipe my own ass" it could make a pretty avant garde modern doge meme.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:48 pm

Tian wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:29 pm Image
Translation:
- No. With plots and good strategies. Of course, with fanservice and power ups!

I really really really really really REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY hope that meme was made before the Kyo Ani fire because otherwise I would beat the shit out of the person who said that Toei should burn. NO ONE deserves that. Especially over shitty fan whining.

EDIT:Tian didnt translate the last part of the meme that said "Toei should have been burned a long time ago #Asshole"
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:53 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:48 pm I really really really really really REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY hope that meme was made before the Kyo Ani fire because otherwise I would beat the shit out of the person who said that Toei should burn. NO ONE deserves that. Especially over shitty fan whining.

EDIT:Tian didnt translate the last part of the meme that said "Toei should have been burned a long time ago #Asshole"
Oh sweet Kami, I didn't even realize that was what the rest of it said. I'm with you - it was a ridiculous enough reaction even before the Kyoto Animation fire, but if whoever made this did it after the fire, then...I don't even have words for how disgusting that is.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)