Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:15 pm

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:25 pm

I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:04 am

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:15 am

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:49 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:05 am Image
I wonder what they're saying, probably related to how Pan is older than Bra and yet doesn't look mature as her :lol:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri May 08, 2020 11:40 pm

best clothes

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed May 20, 2020 2:37 pm

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon May 25, 2020 12:34 am

FoolsGil wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:37 pm
Risu is always on point :lol:

Though she didn't wanted to these anymore
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon May 25, 2020 3:35 pm

Shaddy wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:16 pm You need to remember, every problem that exists in Z only matters when something other than Z does it.
Is that something Omari said? I joined the forum in 2013 and have seen threads going back to the mid-2000's on here and other sites with fans discussing issues they had with DB including character usage, story structure, plotholes, overuse of transformations and other plot devices, etc.

A basic expectation of a sequel is try to avoid the issues that hurt the original. I've never heard a film critic or reviewer say "this sequel suffers from the following...but wait so does the original therefore I must reevaluate my rating!" Having the same problems doesn't mean they cancel out and only means the overall series suffered from that same problem that many more times. Sometimes if they're not willing to try to overcome them then the same problem could be taken to even more ridiculous extremes as the story goes on.

You don't even hear this excuse in fanfiction. I've been reading them since before I joined the forum and never heard someone say "this was a problem in Z so you accept my story doing it". Maybe some but the obvious response from most readers would be that if they knew it was a bad idea or overused back then, repeating it doesn't help their story and won't get them a pass. I get Omari hates DBS but there are better ways to go about it than claiming it's only a problem in something other than Z or that Z problems haven't been discussed for years.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Mon May 25, 2020 3:53 pm

The point is that you can't really blame a new work for specifically the problems its predecessor started. For not fixing them? Sure. But most of the time it's coupled with pretending those problems didn't exist with the originals, when if you ask me, a lot of them were just as bad or even worse in some cases. This is what a lot of Super criticism amounts to, and it's not as if it's invalid stuff to criticize, its that it's inconsistent with the opinions on the rest of the series, ie. getting mad at the U6 saiyans but not saying a thing about Trunks and Goten.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon May 25, 2020 4:10 pm

Shaddy wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:53 pm The point is that you can't really blame a new work for specifically the problems its predecessor started. For not fixing them? Sure. But most of the time it's coupled with pretending those problems didn't exist with the originals, when if you ask me, a lot of them were just as bad or even worse in some cases. This is what a lot of Super criticism amounts to, and it's not as if it's invalid stuff to criticize, its that it's inconsistent with the opinions on the rest of the series, ie. getting mad at the U6 saiyans but not saying a thing about Trunks and Goten.
I gave the example of fanfiction because this has never been a topic when criticizing them. For example, many fans thought Goten and Trunks achieving SSJ so easily cheapened the form so they try to avoid it in their stories rather than do the opposite and have a character achieve more transformations even quicker. There have some fanfics that gave new Saiyan characters transformations quicker than Goten and Trunks and they haven't exactly been well received.

If they pretend it didn't exist in the original, that's a problem but I haven't seen that to be honest. The older fans who have been on the forum long before DBS have been discussing all the issues of the original and not pretending they didn't exist. Every issue I've had with DBS has been something I thought was bad in DB/Z and feel it's just as bad now or taken to extremes. I don't think there's a bias against DBS especially from fans who have been reading fan work for years. If it's an idea someone came across in fanfiction and didn't like, they're going to have the same opinion seeing it in a official continuation.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Tue May 26, 2020 5:57 am

Skar wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:10 pm I gave the example of fanfiction because this has never been a topic when criticizing them. For example, many fans thought Goten and Trunks achieving SSJ so easily cheapened the form so they try to avoid it in their stories rather than do the opposite and have a character achieve more transformations even quicker. There have some fanfics that gave new Saiyan characters transformations quicker than Goten and Trunks and they haven't exactly been well received.

If they pretend it didn't exist in the original, that's a problem but I haven't seen that to be honest. The older fans who have been on the forum long before DBS have been discussing all the issues of the original and not pretending they didn't exist. Every issue I've had with DBS has been something I thought was bad in DB/Z and feel it's just as bad now or taken to extremes. I don't think there's a bias against DBS especially from fans who have been reading fan work for years. If it's an idea someone came across in fanfiction and didn't like, they're going to have the same opinion seeing it in a official continuation.
Well as I said, a new story not doing anything to fix an issue with its predecessor is a valid criticism in and of itself, but I most certainly have seen nostalgia-biased people criticizing newer material for problems present in the original story while also putting that story on a pedestal, and that's what my initial comment was responding to. These people are usually dub Z stans and tend to live off the childhood memories of Gohan's battle with Cell and take a lot of criticism of the show (or especially that moment) as an attack on that childhood itself. And no, they don't show up here very often, because Kanzenshuu is a largely purist community. That's part of the reason I like it, the crappy old dubs don't tend to wiggle their way into big emotional arguments from anyone.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Wed May 27, 2020 10:17 pm

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 28, 2020 9:42 am

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu May 28, 2020 5:48 pm

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Thu May 28, 2020 11:55 pm

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri May 29, 2020 10:03 pm

Come to think of it, Bulma was with Yamcha before, and he was a thief. And she flirted with multiple villains in the past, such as Zarbon. She really does dig the bad boys, doesn't she?

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:08 am

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:09 pm

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:48 pm