Downloading

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Downloading

Post by Dominator » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:49 pm

Yeah, I'm logged in and can't download ANYTHING. I just get a load of crap. Christ, what happened to the "Click Here to Download" option we had in the good old days, hm?
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:52 pm

It should be somewhere at the bottom of the page and then you have to wait a short while to download, they can't help it they need money to keep the site running.

PS: I'm assuming you're talking about the AMV site.
Who said life isn't a game?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:06 pm

Click the "LOCAL" link at the bottom of a video's listing. Scroll down and click "Proceed" (series of three buttons). Download will start in 10 seconds (and a link will appear, if not).

And please consider donating. There's not enough cash to support the bandwidth.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:47 pm

Yeah, after 10 seconds nothings, so I tried something else, nothing again. Donating will probably be unlikely, as I still live under my parents' roof, and my dad simply won't approve of it.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:26 am

Dominator wrote:Yeah, after 10 seconds nothings, so I tried something else, nothing again. Donating will probably be unlikely, as I still live under my parents' roof, and my dad simply won't approve of it.
I have the same problem :D

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:07 am

Umm... do you guys have accounts and are logged in... ? ^^;;
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:21 pm

I had that problem too. If you're using Internet Explorer, try holding down Ctrl on the keyboard. That bypasses some of IE's securtiy function and should allow a download option to pop-up.

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:41 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Umm... do you guys have accounts and are logged in... ? ^^;;
Yes :P I wasn't talking about the download problem, but about the problem that I still live with my parents and don't have a credit card myself ;) I was the first to answer so it would've been pretty stupid if I didn't have an account and had the same problem :D

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:47 pm

Just keep clicking Proceed and wait a few minutes if you're using FireFox. The download pops up immediately if doing so

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:18 pm

Just keep clicking Proceed and wait a few minutes if you're using FireFox. The download pops up immediately if doing so
Wait, do you mean immediately after waiting a few minutes?
^I´m with stupid^

How to keep a blonde occupied, see below.
How to keep a blonde occupied, see above.

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:51 pm

I think it's the same with firefox as it is with IE. When you click Proceed, after about 10 seconds it should prompt you to save or open the file. I think there's also a download url that appears in case the save box doesn't automatically appear.

Tenka-Ichi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenka-Ichi » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:03 pm

well for me (I use IE), after clicking proceed I have to hold control to bypass the google toolbar pop-up blocker, then wait 10 seconds for the active X controls to tell me it blocked the download, click it and select download file. Then after it refreshes I have to hold control and wait 10 seconds again, then the download box opens.

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:10 pm

tarsonis wrote:I think it's the same with firefox as it is with IE. When you click Proceed, after about 10 seconds it should prompt you to save or open the file. I think there's also a download url that appears in case the save box doesn't automatically appear.
That's what I meant =D