Dragonball Universe F(Fan Manga)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Dragonball Universe F(Fan Manga)

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:27 pm

Made by http://deadlychestnut.deviantart.com/
I'll be posting chapter 1 for him. Not sure what to think so far(Haven't read that much) but I'm sure he'll like to know. The chapter is going to be in spoiler tab with exception of the cover, preview and the last page. So lets start the adventure.

END of Chapter 1

Here's a FAQ http://deadlychestnut.deviantart.com/jo ... -229490042#

Got to say as I was reading and posting at the same time. I'm glad to say that's the action is great. The art is very American Comic Book like. Which isn't bad. In fact it's a good job IMO.
Though I'm sad to say if you like this so far then you won't see more as he is

Alright, I've been procrastinating on making this decision, but it's time to do it.

I will not continue Universe F.

:noes:

And it's not necessarily because of lack of time, or even interest. I would love to continue this story, mainly because of Kuriza. I feel like I've adopted this child. XD
No, it's because I need to move on. It takes soooooooo much time to draw a comic, and nowadays I feel like this time is better spend on commissions, or my own stuff, which is ten times more useful. (Even though I still have painfully little to show of the latter, I know...) This comic was vital to me at its time, because it gave me the motivation to continuously work on my skills as an artist, but now it has outlived its usefulness. It doesn't help me grow anymore, in the way it did. And trust me, it pains me to leave behind a story that hadn't even really begun yet. But maybe - maybe - it will live on. A part of me still clings to it, because I'm stubborn like that. I've been thinking of continuing it as a fan fic, heck, I've already written, like, two pages! ... But, alas, I'm not a writer. My writing skills are... nonexistent.

So, why am I rambling like this? Well, I'm not sure who's still interested in knowing about all this after such a long time, but the fact is that it was you, the readers, that kept me motivated in the long run. Looking back at it, this fan comic has done a lot for me, and I may not be where I am today, if I hadn't managed to keep it going for so long. And I definitely am happy where I am today.
This is why I think you at least deserve some kind of explanation. Sorry everyone who had still been hoping for new pages, and thank you, who've been following me all this time. You're awesome! :w00t:

Bottom line, I will put this account, DeadlyChestnut, into sleep mode. It will still be here, I won't deactivate it, but nothing will happen here anymore. Its time is over.
I will still draw fanart sometimes, and I don't think I'll ever be able to leave DBZ behind (actually I still have some recent pieces of DBZ fanart that I haven't posted yet. Hypocrisy, much?) but from now on everything will exclusively happen on my other DA account FriendlyChestnut Keeping up with two DA accounts is just too much of a hassle.

TL;DR, Universe F will not continue, this account won't be updated anymore, dunno if you understand my reasons, follow FriendlyChestnut if you want to.

Other places where you can find my art: