"Hyper Dragonball Z" Videogame Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Hyper Dragonball Z" Videogame Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue May 27, 2014 12:50 am

How do I play this? I have no idea how to use M.U.G.E.N. or how to incorporate all this stuff.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Tue May 27, 2014 5:30 am

dbzfan7 wrote:How do I play this? I have no idea how to use M.U.G.E.N. or how to incorporate all this stuff.
You downloaded the sample included on the video, or stuff separately? It the former, it's pretty simple you boot up the .exe, you go to the options screen configurate your controls and voila. If the latter it's a bit more tricky as you need to put the content in the folder it belongs (characters go the char folder, stages to stage folder) and edit a text file located in the data folder (usually select.def) and wirte the name of your characters there, after that the process is the same.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue May 27, 2014 5:45 pm

Quebaz wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:How do I play this? I have no idea how to use M.U.G.E.N. or how to incorporate all this stuff.
You downloaded the sample included on the video, or stuff separately? It the former, it's pretty simple you boot up the .exe, you go to the options screen configurate your controls and voila. If the latter it's a bit more tricky as you need to put the content in the folder it belongs (characters go the char folder, stages to stage folder) and edit a text file located in the data folder (usually select.def) and wirte the name of your characters there, after that the process is the same.
It works, though it didn't for some reason before as I didn't get all the files from the package. The initial download screwed me over.

Also I need to get my PS3 controller to play as using a key board sucks for this.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

HandOverFist

Post by HandOverFist » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:59 am

The soundtrack is so damn good. Composed from the old CPS2 soundboard used by CAPCOM in the mid-late 90's, WizzyWhipitWonderful has done a fantastic job making the music for this project. He has all of his original compositions posted on his YouTube channel. I can't wait to download them on MP3.

Here's a few of my favorites..

Piccolo's theme - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzwobqPM ... re&index=6
Krillin's theme - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAyc2aog ... 7w&index=7
Gotenks' theme - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJXsfAOf ... 7w&index=8
Perfect Cell theme - http://youtu.be/dlHkSA0-o3s

Original Stages: 'Saiyajin's Landing' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MvNfhvI ... c&index=65
Original Stages: 'Planet Namek' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_iBsytx ... c&index=36
Original Stages: 'Babidi's Fortress' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd4poDvN ... c&index=50

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:33 pm

I made a thread on WizzyWhipitWonderful's CPS2 music in the music section. Favorite stage theme so far is between Saiyajin Landing and Freeza's Ship. Favorite character theme is between Perfect Cell's theme and amazingly Raditz's theme.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Post by Akumaito Beam » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:36 am

HandOverFist wrote: Piccolo's theme - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzwobqPM ... re&index=6
Like Legacy of Goku it appears I'm a fan of the dub music...just so long as it's remixed and anywhere but the dub. :lol:

Those tracks are amazing. I really like them a ton.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:15 am

Little question: are the music files in this game a "regular" kind of music file (wav, mp3, etc...), making it possible to replace tracks with whatever you want?
Or is it a kind of music files that's specific to the MUGEN program (or similar applications) and can't be replaced by "regular" music files?

Cause I remember a fan-made game that one of my roommates had during university named Pokemon Gemme, and surprisingly the files were regular music files, making it possible to replace some tracks for him (although for some reason, some tracks would start late while in-game, I never figured out what the problem was regarding this, I'm no expert).

If it was the same with this game, you could actually have a Dragon Ball game where you can customize your soundtrack, for example with your favorite composer for the franchise but also setting the tracks that fit the various stages according to you (your own ambiance for the Room of Spirit and Time, your own ambiance for Goku's house, your own ambiance for the outerspace planet on which Vegeta trains, etc...)
And THAT would multiply the game's appeal to all fans.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:19 am

Yes, you can just use regular sound files, .mp3 for sure but I think anything goes really. M.U.G.E.N. is fully customizable in every way.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:29 pm

^ Thanks! :thumbup:

Well, that's a strong selling point (even though the game is actually not for "sale")!
You can put your perfect BGM into each stage, talk about getting close to your own perfect Dragon Ball experience!

You know, putting your own music and having it play randomly on your console is already great, but being able to do track-by-track specific replacements just like Tekken Tag Tournament 2 or the latest Jump crossover game really is something else, making the music aspect perfect by each player's standards!

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:30 pm

If I remember correctly, you can attach a song to a character and attach a song to a stage. You can also attach songs to menus and stuff and have a random selection of songs to play. Again, if I remember correctly.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:24 pm

DNA wrote:If I remember correctly, you can attach a song to a character and attach a song to a stage. You can also attach songs to menus and stuff and have a random selection of songs to play. Again, if I remember correctly.
You can do all of those except randomizing songs, which is a feature the community is actually waiting for a long time however no one has made that possible yet.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Tumblr

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:12 pm

Quebaz wrote:You can do all of those except randomizing songs, which is a feature the community is actually waiting for a long time however no one has made that possible yet.
Right! That. I've actually haven't messed with the configuration files in a long, long time, so I don't recall everything correctly.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:31 pm

DNA wrote:Hi guys! Just sharing this awesomeness with you. I hope you like it, it looks awesome to me.
Get hype!

Demo Trailer 2014
OH MY F***ING… I can't even.. that was just.. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thank you Balthazar and Team for putting in the hard work, dedication and most of all LOVE in creating this game. :thumbup: :)

Soon as I get my Desktop fixed I'm downloading this ASAP and will even purchase a PC Controller to play as well. Tapping the keyboard will do this game NO JUSTICE.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Fulicer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fulicer » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:00 am

I remember playing the old CPS2 games emulated since they are aren't in the arcades anymore. This is something that I would definitely check out. The "difficult to master" part of the trailer is definitely true.

Seems like Goku has a move similar to the shin-shoryuken....interesting,,,

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:17 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:Soon as I get my Desktop fixed I'm downloading this ASAP and will even purchase a PC Controller to play as well. Tapping the keyboard will do this game NO JUSTICE.
I'd recommend a fightpad if you can get one.
The button layout is perfect for fighting games.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:00 am

No, join the arcade stick master race.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:11 am

ringworm128 wrote:No, join the arcade stick master race.
Join the keyboard master race and never be able to do a 180 mid combo or a 360 at all.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Tumblr

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:37 pm

Hmm, so if I get it correctly, the demo sample includes five characters (Goku, Super Saiyan Goku, Vegeta, Mr. Satan, Saibaiman) and five stages (Goku's house, Vegeta's training in space, the rocky wasteland, Namek and the Room of Spirit and Time).
It's easy to know instantly about characters since you all see them on the selection screen of course, but for stages, you just have to randomly see what's there.

So I'm curious: on whatever official OST from the anime series (therefore Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, Dragon Ball Kai and all movies, as well as insert songs and image songs), do you have ideas of which track you would associate with which character and which stage (since you can either associate tracks with characters you encounter or with the stage you're in)?

To you, what would be THE track symbolizing Goku, THE track representing planet Namek, THE track for the ROSAT's ambiance, etc...

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:10 pm

Seems like they forgot to include the City stage in the demo, you can download it in Balthazar's site tho.

I never tought anime music fitted the 2d fighting games (both this and the Budokai series), specially in this case in that you have to pick a ceratin song to a certain stage, however if MUGEN allowed randomizing songs, there's plenty of stuff in the movies that could go in there.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Tumblr

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:01 pm

Cold Skin wrote:do you have ideas of which track you would associate with which character and which stage
These. They were made for the project.