"Hyper Dragonball Z" Videogame Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Re: "Hyper Dragonball Z" Videogame Discussion Thread

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:57 pm

I just downloaded the game, and it's great. Waiting for more additions soon!

Except it's hard as hell. Shit, I change the difficulty level from Hard-8 to Easy-1 and I can't feel the difference. I only managed to cut SSJ Goku's HP to half before being utterly destroyed. I liked fighting against the Saibaiman, though.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:03 pm

Sandubadear wrote:I just downloaded the game, and it's great. Waiting for more additions soon!

Except it's hard as hell. Shit, I change the difficulty level from Hard-8 to Easy-1 and I can't feel the difference. I only managed to cut SSJ Goku's HP to half before being utterly destroyed. I liked fighting against the Saibaiman, though.
The difficulty is coded into the characters, AFAIK. The difficulty setting does nothing.

balmsold

Post by balmsold » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:38 pm

hello everyone, I'm one of the contributors for hyper dbz , gotta say that piccolo and gotenks are having a really steady progress

and oh boy! I have my own set of characters to work for this game once I'm done with some of my projects

Image guess who :p

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:19 pm

Trunks, ...Yamcha... and Tenshinhan!
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:35 pm

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:20 am

Its fun!! I downloaded it and tried it!
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

KamiSaiyan

Post by KamiSaiyan » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:38 am

Gotenks in action :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3PjDLGnfvs

You can see these guys still working. Game was not abandoned :)
Oh, you can download the latest build for example here:
http://www.dbzgames.org/download/hyper-dragon-ball-z/

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:07 pm

KamiSaiyan wrote:Gotenks in action :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3PjDLGnfvs

You can see these guys still working. Game was not abandoned :)
Oh, you can download the latest build for example here:
http://www.dbzgames.org/download/hyper-dragon-ball-z/
No, the game was not abandoned at all. Development is still going, ideas are aplenty. The only thing that died was Kanzenshuu community's interest.
I mean, the webmasters didn't give a wet fart about this game so there was no coverage at all, save for a passing mention in a podcast. This was one of the only sites that didn't cover the game whatsoever.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:28 pm

We do not cover unlicensed fan projects as news on the website-proper, and I personally didn't have an interest in talking about it on the podcast (none of the other guys ever pitched it, either). If and when it's a complete project, perhaps I will. I haven't ruled it out, or anything.

None of that should have an impact on the discussion here, however. If no-one here wants to discuss it, that's not our "fault".
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:52 pm

I'm still highly interested, been following development ever since Balthazar released Goku Z2 as a standalone MUGEN character. Just not much to discuss at the moment. Praying for a Perfect Cell character to come soon.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:52 am

VegettoEX wrote:We do not cover unlicensed fan projects as news on the website-proper, and I personally didn't have an interest in talking about it on the podcast (none of the other guys ever pitched it, either). If and when it's a complete project, perhaps I will. I haven't ruled it out, or anything.

None of that should have an impact on the discussion here, however. If no-one here wants to discuss it, that's not our "fault".
That's a pity, since I'm on good terms with some of the developers and they had expected you to enjoy the game since it's been done with fans like you in the mind, people who liked Super Dragon Ball Z. So you can see how it can be a little disheartening to be met with such indifference. I mean, this is the first time anyone from the moderating team comes posting here and the only reason is because I pointed a finger. But no worries, they've got plenty coverage from other websites, I've been told, a million and a half views on YouTube and all that.

Also, a "complete project" won't likely happen since it goes against the whole nature of the platform itself. They expect to be updating the game over and over, polishing any glitches, adding new interactions with new characters, etc.. So in a sense, it will never be "complete". The version that got the most coverage was used in official tournaments, it's as "complete" as any version will be from now on.

Anyway, I just spoke to one of them who voiced concerns about people getting the game from possible illicit websites, risking not getting the most up to date version or worse, some virus or malware. He asked me to link to the main thread which will always have the latest build. I hope that's okay to link here.

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:04 pm

DNA wrote:Also, a "complete project" won't likely happen since it goes against the whole nature of the platform itself. They expect to be updating the game over and over, polishing any glitches, adding new interactions with new characters, etc.. So in a sense, it will never be "complete". The version that got the most coverage was used in official tournaments, it's as "complete" as any version will be from now on.
So has there been or will there be a "version 1.0" release of the game? I know that such a milestone doesn't mean much in this era of public alpha and beta releases, but if the game has no "complete form" in sight, perhaps having a "version we'd be confident enough to sell publicly if we could" would suffice for Mike and co. to check it out?
"Perfect" is the enemy of the good. True for Cell and true for real life.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:09 pm

metamoss wrote:So has there been or will there be a "version 1.0" release of the game? I know that such a milestone doesn't mean much in this era of public alpha and beta releases, but if the game has no "complete form" in sight, perhaps having a "version we'd be confident enough to sell publicly if we could" would suffice for Mike and co. to check it out?
I presume you could consider the mock-up roster in the first trailer as their initial goal, as in, I'm sure more characters would be made in the future, but at that point you could say that Hyper DBZ was a full complete game.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:38 pm

metamoss wrote:perhaps having a "version we'd be confident enough to sell publicly if we could" would suffice for Mike and co. to check it out?
They really don't seem that concerned with them checking it out or not. It was disheartening at the time, sure, they have been keeping Kanzenshuu informed out of respect for the community, it's not like they need the approval. Especially since many other websites, Dragon Ball related, gaming related, general "nerdy" related, extensively reported it when the game was featured in EVO 2014.

This conversation stemmed from the fact that, yes the game is alive and well, the interest in within community is what doesn't seem to be.

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:08 pm

DNA wrote:They really don't seem that concerned with them checking it out or not. It was disheartening at the time, sure, they have been keeping Kanzenshuu informed out of respect for the community, it's not like they need the approval. Especially since many other websites, Dragon Ball related, gaming related, general "nerdy" related, extensively reported it when the game was featured in EVO 2014.

This conversation stemmed from the fact that, yes the game is alive and well, the interest in within community is what doesn't seem to be.
Still, I think it'd be interesting to see their thoughts. Perhaps an episode of the podcast sometime?
"Perfect" is the enemy of the good. True for Cell and true for real life.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.

KamiSaiyan

Post by KamiSaiyan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:27 pm

Few days ago Piccolo has been released for Hyper DBZ. You can add him to your build or download new build with Piccolo :)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:59 pm

A new version is out, and with promises of more to come!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Zqebj0Rp0

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:22 am

That was great. Liked, faved, shared.