Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8) - COMPLETED!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8)

Post by Forte224 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:49 pm

Awesome man. Can't wait. Sooooooooo close. I'm guessing 97 and 98 should be a little less agonizing for you?

SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:47 pm

Forte224 wrote:Awesome man. Can't wait. Sooooooooo close. I'm guessing 97 and 98 should be a little less agonizing for you?
Yeah, I've already got them completed for the most part. I just need to update the reverb effects and change a few of the placements. I'm hoping I can release them both at the same time!

I'm also going to release two versions of episode 97: One that plays "Dragon Soul" at the end, and one that plays a different track instead.
Known as Hiltonium everywhere else.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Now Completed!)
----------------------------------------------------------------
YouTube//Twitter//Ask.fm//PSN: Hiltonium//Nintendo Network: BoomBomb712//3DS Friend Code: 3652-0542-0595//Skype: PM me if you're interested

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:07 am

SuperSaiyanHedgehog wrote:
Forte224 wrote:Awesome man. Can't wait. Sooooooooo close. I'm guessing 97 and 98 should be a little less agonizing for you?
Yeah, I've already got them completed for the most part. I just need to update the reverb effects and change a few of the placements. I'm hoping I can release them both at the same time!

I'm also going to release two versions of episode 97: One that plays "Dragon Soul" at the end, and one that plays a different track instead.
That's great news! Can't wait to see Trunks' wrap up story in 98. Keep it up, sir. You deserve all the cookiez

SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:44 pm

96 Preview 2

I was hoping I could finish it for you by today, but some things got in the way of that. Sooooon.
YouTube//Twitter//Ask.fm//PSN: Hiltonium//Nintendo Network: BoomBomb712//3DS Friend Code: 3652-0542-0595//Skype: PM me if you're interested

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:19 am

No worries. Where's that profile pic from?

SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:43 pm

Forte224 wrote:No worries. Where's that profile pic from?
Right here, bro.

SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:00 pm

EPISODE 96 AND THE CHAPTER FILE, LET'S GO

OH AND MAKE SURE TO GIVE KEI17 A PIZZA FOR DOING THE MUSIC SELECTIONS (As well as sending me the music-only audio track. That helped out.)

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:56 pm

YES!! Wish I was home so I could get this and mix it

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:35 pm

SuperSaiyanHedgehog wrote:EPISODE 96 AND THE CHAPTER FILE, LET'S GO

OH AND MAKE SURE TO GIVE KEI17 A PIZZA FOR DOING THE MUSIC SELECTIONS (As well as sending me the music-only audio track. That helped out.)
I hear some noticeable crackles at 18:50. You should turn down the volume. Also, sorry for saying this after the release, but now I think Cell's final moment feels a little underwhelming with that placement. Could you replace the score with this when you solve the said problem? http://yahoo.jp/box/bJcpVI

Thanks for crediting me anyway.

SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:46 pm

kei17 wrote:
SuperSaiyanHedgehog wrote:EPISODE 96 AND THE CHAPTER FILE, LET'S GO

I hear some noticeable crackles at 18:50. You should turn down the volume. Also, sorry for saying this after the release, but now I think Cell's final moment feels a little underwhelming with that placement. Could you replace the score with this when you solve the said problem? http://yahoo.jp/box/bJcpVI

Thanks for crediting me anyway.
Alrighty, gimme a second.

SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:36 pm

BOOM BOOM BOOM HERE WE GO, VERSION 2 OF EP. 96

BTW, Kei (if you're reading this), how did you get multiple profile pics to be on your account like that? Every time I refresh the page, it switches to a different picture! I think I've asked you about this before in a PM, but you never responded. It's cool if you wanna keep it a secret, tho. :wink:

thaman91
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by thaman91 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:52 pm

SuperSaiyanHedgehog wrote: BTW, Kei (if you're reading this), how did you get multiple profile pics to be on your account like that? Every time I refresh the page, it switches to a different picture! I think I've asked you about this before in a PM, but you never responded. It's cool if you wanna keep it a secret, tho. :wink:
It seems like he's using this site: http://signavatar.com
It allows you to get an image url which then redirects randomly to one of multiple pictures. The picture it redirects to cycles and keeps changing.

For example, his specific url is: http://signavatar.com/17913_v.gif
And it cycles between this, this, this, this, and this.

Also, thanks for the upload! I can't believe this project is almost finished. This is the way Kai was meant to be seen.

SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:19 pm

thaman91 wrote:
SuperSaiyanHedgehog wrote: BTW, Kei (if you're reading this), how did you get multiple profile pics to be on your account like that? Every time I refresh the page, it switches to a different picture! I think I've asked you about this before in a PM, but you never responded. It's cool if you wanna keep it a secret, tho. :wink:
It seems like he's using this site: http://signavatar.com
It allows you to get an image url which then redirects randomly to one of multiple pictures. The picture it redirects to cycles and keeps changing.

For example, his specific url is: http://signavatar.com/17913_v.gif
And it cycles between this, this, this, this, and this.

Also, thanks for the upload! I can't believe this project is almost finished. This is the way Kai was meant to be seen.
Ah, thank you! Maybe I should use that site sometime...

SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:06 pm

I have decided to turn into Sanic and go super fast. Episode 97 and the chapter file.

Dragon Soul version of 97 coming soooon, like maybe tomorrow? I hope? (BTW, decided not to upload 97 and 98 at the same time so you guys don't have to wait.)

Also, ask me somethin' on my Ask.fm page, ya nerds.

jumpshot22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jumpshot22 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:36 am

SuperSaiyanHedgehog wrote:I have decided to turn into Sanic and go super fast. Episode 97 and the chapter file.

Dragon Soul version of 97 coming soooon, like maybe tomorrow? I hope? (BTW, decided not to upload 97 and 98 at the same time so you guys don't have to wait.)

Also, ask me somethin' on my Ask.fm page, ya nerds.
Damn man! Thanks a lot for all your hard work. It looks like I'll have to start my re-watch of Kai sooner than I thought.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:22 am

Just curious. Why will there be two versions of 97? Is it because having Dragon Soul in 97 was in the original but kinda feels like a conclusion to Kai (because it was supposed to be I think), but then they ended up deciding to release 98 later? Also....nice two episodes released so quickly!!!

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:39 am

I've checked out episode 97 and got a little surprised. Why did you replace about half of my placements? I have nothing against you because this is not mine and it's just your own version partially based on my music placement, but I think all the changes feel needless, especially when it comes to Mr. Satan's scene. I added some kind of a "serious gag" feeling to it, like "Hey, these guys are all taking him seriously!" So, placing a humorous sounding track there kinda kills it.
Forte224 wrote:Just curious. Why will there be two versions of 97? Is it because having Dragon Soul in 97 was in the original but kinda feels like a conclusion to Kai (because it was supposed to be I think), but then they ended up deciding to release 98 later? Also....nice two episodes released so quickly!!!
I quote old posts from this thread:
SuperSaiyanHedgehog wrote:
fdsfgs71 wrote:I'm honestly not sure how to feel about this. While Dragon Soul does work well with its placement in episode 97, IMO it's intended effect in episode 98 - that of being, coupled with the ending montage, a send-off for Dragon Ball Kai - is kind of diluted when it's also used in the same place in the previous episode, for essentially the same reason.

Plus, considering both the earthquake that delayed DB Kai by a week, and subsequently pushed the final episode off the air and shunted to, essentially, a blu-ray special episode, coupled with the fact that the soundtrack for the last 3 episodes were completely replaced and redone, I'm not sure if Dragon Soul would have been what Yamamoto intended for that scene. Plus, IMO, kei17's music selection is just as good, and in scene I actually think it works better than Dragon Soul did.

In any case, in the end it's your decision, but I thought I should just throw my opinion out there.
I had forgotten that Kei changed the music in that scene. Hmm... maybe I will use the track he used instead of Dragon Soul.
kei17 wrote:I replaced Dragon Soul on episode 97 because they must have inserted the song as a result of omitting episode 98. Episode 97 suddenly became the final episode in the original run on Fuji TV, so they probably wanted to add some kind of concluding feeling to the end. If it's not the case, playing Dragon Soul twice in the last two episodes doesn't make much sense. So, my guess is that the original music placement of the Yamamoto version didn't have Dragon Soul at the end of episode 97. Also, the song kinda kills Chichi's sad moment.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:37 am

Ah nice so I sort of guessed right then

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:36 am

kei17 wrote:I've checked out episode 97 and got a little surprised. Why did you replace about half of my placements? I have nothing against you because this is not mine and it's just your own version partially based on my music placement, but I think all the changes feel needless, especially when it comes to Mr. Satan's scene. I added some kind of a "serious gag" feeling to it, like "Hey, these guys are all taking him seriously!" So, placing a humorous sounding track there kinda kills it.
I just watched both (at least, I'm assuming I watched yours Kei. It was the InternationalDBZ YouTube channel) and I dunno I kinda liked the humorous track. It felt like it was for the viewer, making us sort of chuckle, roll our eyes and go "Yeah, that's about right." The one I'm indecisive on is the flashbacks to Goku as a kid. Both work good, but Hedgehog's I prefer just a smidge because it gets silent when Goku is laughing and waving goodbye. The silence made it more emotional to me. Anyway, I enjoyed watching both so, ya know, both are available

thaman91
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by thaman91 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:44 am

This project examines what would have happened if one aspect of history had been changed, namely Yamamoto not being fired. By changing Dragon Soul, aren't we now expanding that to examining what would have happened if TWO aspects of history had been changed (Yamamoto not being fired AND the earthquake not happening)? I guess it's just my personal taste, but I would love to have something as close to the broadcast version as possible with the exception of Kikuchi's music replaced with Yamamoto's.

That's why I think having 2 versions is a good idea. If we want to experience the show with Yamamoto's score with 97 being the end and 98 being a "bonus" episode, we can do that. If we want to experience it as if the earthquake never happened AND Yamamoto not being fired, we can do that too.
(For the record, I actually think Kei's placement during that scene works better than Dragon Soul after having heard it a few more times)