One Minute Melee: Mewtwo vs Freeza!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

One Minute Melee: Mewtwo vs Freeza!

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7YdAL9KLQY

Well if anyone's interested it exists. Freeza won and it's honestly the shittiest fight they might have made so far. I mean that by entertainment value without going into statistics or right vs wrong. The choreography wasn't even that interesting and wasn't very engaging. Sure Freeza won, but it was a pretty dull animated fight.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: One Minute Melee: Mewtwo vs Freeza!

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:30 am

That was fun. At least Freeza won and no one would have bitch about it. I guess those 1,000 dislikes are from the Mewtwo fan boys :P.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:15 am

I just wish they'd have used Chris Ayres's voice instead of Linda Young's.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:33 am

I find it kind of hilarious that one of the emphasis for these kind of fights is that Screw Attack do no research on the characters and the only other Screw Attack Death Battle video that there is in the recommended videos section is Gaara vs Toph.

Pretty good fight between Mewtwo and Freeza regardless. :)

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:54 am

Puto wrote:I just wish they'd have used Chris Ayres's voice instead of Linda Young's.
That would imply that they care about accurate representation.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:53 am

Isn't Mewtwo supposed to be like the most powerful Pokemon of them all except for Arceus?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:00 am

Bullza wrote:Isn't Mewtwo supposed to be like the most powerful Pokemon of them all except for Arceus?
He basically only has psychic/telekinesis powers.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:11 am

Yeah but I think that was pretty much all he needed. I'm referring to the anime by the way, from what I read he's meant to be one of the strongest of the lot. I remember in that first movie that other really powerful Pokemon like Charizard and Gyrados couldn't even touch him.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:26 am

Bullza wrote:Yeah but I think that was pretty much all he needed. I'm referring to the anime by the way, from what I read he's meant to be one of the strongest of the lot. I remember in that first movie that other really powerful Pokemon like Charizard and Gyrados couldn't even touch him.
Sure, but that's only impressive in the world of pokemon.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:27 pm

Pretty silly. Frieza or not, no one says his psychic power and chi can compete with Mewtwo. This was just an its Frieza and DB battle.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:31 pm

Cetra wrote:Pretty silly. Freeza or not, no one says his psychic power and chi can compete with Mewtwo. This was just an its Freeza and DB battle.
Hmm... When did Mewtwo ever did anything remotely close to what Freeza is capable of?

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:32 pm

They only did this to appease the rabid morons who still hate them for making Goku lose to Superman. Freeza winning is a no brainer and Mewtwo didn't stand a chance against him.

Deathbattles started off fun and interesting but now they're just devolving into mindless popularity contests.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:41 pm

Sure, but that's only impressive in the world of pokemon.

Pokemon is supposed to be a very powerful verse actually. Going by what this page has to say about Mewtwo I'm sure he'd give the original Dragon Ball and early Dragon Ball Z characters a run for their money.

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Mewtwo

That could all be split over the game, manga and anime continuities but I remember in the first movie he could manipulate storms that were going to wipe out mankind.

He also became Mega Mewtwo in one of the newer movies.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:55 pm

Not really, at least compared to dragon ball. Mewtwo destructive capabilities are inferior to saiyan arc Vegeta, as well as his physical abilities. As for his psychic abilities which is his speciality, I wouldn't expect them to be effective since they are mainly focused on telekinesis.

And this is a top, legendary pokémon. The other legendary aren't much stronger or are even weaker, and regular pokémon are much weaker.

Even first form Freeza should be too much for this fight, let alone final form Freeza.

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:06 pm

Mewtwo is very powerful but Freeza can destroy a planet with little effort even in his base form. I don't think Mewtwo can top a feat like that.

The only way Mewtwo could stand a chance is with mind control but the thing is we don't know if it would even work on an alien like Freeza the same way it does on humans. Freeza has his own telekinesis so perhaps he can block mind control somehow.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Not really, at least compared to dragon ball. Mewtwo destructive capabilities are inferior to saiyan arc Vegeta, as well as his physical abilities. As for his psychic abilities which is his speciality, I wouldn't expect them to be effective since they are mainly focused on telekinesis.

Well I did say early Dragon Ball Z. His destructive capabilities of being able to destroy a country puts him closer to Nappa's level. It's likely that he could flood the planet also destroying it in that way as opposed to blowing it up.

If he was casually dodging thunderbolts that puts him at faster than Saiyan saga Goku.

He has mind control and force fields similar to that of Babidi who could control Dabura and withstand Buu's energy attacks. On top of that it says he can teleport and teleported an entire island, maybe he could drop an island on someone.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:28 pm

He can destroy stuff like that indirectly. That's not very useful in a direct fight. Vegeta was also able to produce an awesome storm with his power in the saiyan arc but that wasn't very useful to attack Goku.

Btw, saiyan arc Goku travelled about 1 million kilometers in little more than 24 hours, which means that, on average, he got speeds of about 25 mach. And since thats just average speed, it means, logically, that in quick bursts of top speed he would be much faster. And this is saiyan arc goku, not Freeza.

And Mewtwo's mind control is nothing like, say, professor Xavier. If it was he would just control everyone instead of fighting. Which means that any mind control he actually has is very limited.

Which is why he loses actually. He would have to try to defeat Freeza by force and that just wouldn't work because the diference is way too great. Xavier would have a better chance.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:28 pm

Its not a fighting move no, its part of his physic powers but it still shows how powerful he can be in general, he could wipe out mankind faster than anyone from the original Dragon Ball could. Vegeta's storm was completely different altogether, it wasn't even a move.

Screwattack brought this up already but Goku didn't travel the entire 1 million KM as he flew in a straight line. They worked his speed out at being Mach 9 and even though it wasn't a quick burst he was still travelling as fast as he could.

So to casually dodge a Mach 35 attack puts his speed more compable to low Namekian saga levels.

I don't know what the extent of Mewtwo's mind control powers are but he could control humans, he also wiped the memories of dozens of Team Rocket members.

Again I'm not saying he could beat Frieza but I don't see why he couldn't give the earlier characters a good fight. Whose to say that their attacks could even get through Mewtwo's force fields if vastly more powerful characters couldn't get through Babidi's.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:23 am

That poor Mewtwo sprite was so stiff!

*reads Battle Wiki*

"Dodges Mach 35 Thunderbolts"

...what?

Freeza is stronger and faster, we can reasonably assume Mewtwo's telekinesis is more potent given that across multiple media (inconsistent though we become in doing that) Mewtwo has replicated virtually all of the few psychic attacks used in the series and some more pseudo-Dragon Ball nonsense besides.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:21 pm

Bullza wrote:Its not a fighting move no, its part of his physic powers but it still shows how powerful he can be in general, he could wipe out mankind faster than anyone from the original Dragon Ball could. Vegeta's storm was completely different altogether, it wasn't even a move.

Screwattack brought this up already but Goku didn't travel the entire 1 million KM as he flew in a straight line. They worked his speed out at being Mach 9 and even though it wasn't a quick burst he was still travelling as fast as he could.

So to casually dodge a Mach 35 attack puts his speed more compable to low Namekian saga levels.

I don't know what the extent of Mewtwo's mind control powers are but he could control humans, he also wiped the memories of dozens of Team Rocket members.

Again I'm not saying he could beat Freeza but I don't see why he couldn't give the earlier characters a good fight. Whose to say that their attacks could even get through Mewtwo's force fields if vastly more powerful characters couldn't get through Babidi's.
But the discussion was never if Mewtwo could give a good fight to early Dragon Ball characters... It was if Mewtwo could stand up to Freeza and if the pokemon verse was a powerful verse... And as it has been answered, no he can't, and no it isn't, at least compared to Dragon Ball, especially since Mewtwo is much, much more powerful than 99% of the pokemon verse.

As for snake way, that line of thought doesn't make much sense because the exact line from the manga is "its about 1 million kms", and we don't even know how that length is measured, for all we know it might even refer to a straight line from the start to the end. The assumption that by traveling in a straight line Goku didn't travel 1 million kms is based on other assumptions that we don't know if they are true... Furthermore, Screwattack based their math on the size of the scales of the road and how many there were in a curve to calculate things... I don't think I need to demonstrate how wrong that might turn out to be...

My math for snake way is way more basic and, I believe, more accurate because of it. Its simply this: about 1.000.000 kms in about 32 hours = around average speed of mach 25. It can be lower and it can be higher, but its meant as a indication, and I think it ends up being a more accurate indication than what screwattack figured out. This is especially true considering that Taopaipai reached an average speed of around Mach 8 when he threw that stone pillar. Goku being significantly faster than that on average while crossing snake way is logical and consistent.

Also, I think you are underestimating how much of a difference there is between average speed in a long journey and top speed in a small burst. Compare the average speed of a marathon runner with the top speed of 100 meter dash athletes. The average speed in a marathon for the man who has the Olympic record is 20,01 Km/h. But Usain Bolt, the record holder for the 100 meters, apparently reaches 44.7 km/h, more than double.