Death Battle: Goku vs Superman 2

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saiyan007
Regular

Re: Death Battle: Goku vs Superman 2: Live Now!

Post by Saiyan007 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:41 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:I liked the video. They made good points and showed Goku respect, at least.
They showed goku respect by making him fight a composite Superman?

:lol:

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:47 am

The fight itself serves only to entertain.

I meant they showed Goku respect in what they said in their analysis after it. You know, the part where they explain why such and such won? I hope some of you don't just watch the fight and turn off the video...
Last edited by fadeddreams5 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:48 am

Of course they disrespected Goku. They paired him up against Superman. A guy he had no chance against. They also disrespected Superman, by putting him against a guy not worth his time.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:50 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Of course they disrespected Goku. They paired him up against Superman. A guy he had no chance against. They also disrespected Superman, by putting him against a guy not worth his time.
Well, that is true too. lol.

But imagine all the fan mail they've received since Goku achieved a new form. They just wanted to meet demands.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:01 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Of course they disrespected Goku. They paired him up against Superman. A guy he had no chance against. They also disrespected Superman, by putting him against a guy not worth his time.
Thy disrespected Goku by not showing how he truly fight. All the fight was just punching. Where did the IT go? Where did Goku's martial art proest go? And Goku use a Kamehameha as a full frontal attack and just stand there when he sees that it didn't work? And this is the Goku that already fought Superman once. Nice one screwattack.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:04 am

fexus wrote:
Thy disrespected Goku by not showing how he truly fight. All the fight was just punching. Where did the IT go? Where did Goku's martial art proest go? And Goku use a Kamehameha as a full frontal attack and just stand there when he sees that it didn't work? And this is the Goku that already fought Superman once. Nice one screwattack.
We're lucky they don't just have Superman fly up and snap Goku's neck before he even knows what's happening, cause Supes can do that. Or lobotomize him in a millisecond before Goku can even do anything. They also coulda just had Superman stand still and have Goku wail on him, with Superman never flinching.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:14 am

To be honest Goku standing around while shit goes sour for him isn't exactly new.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:17 am

Saiga wrote:To be honest Goku standing around while shit goes sour for him isn't exactly new.
Didn't he do that in Broly when Broly tanked kamehameha? He stood there with that dumb look on his face.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:22 am

TheGmGoken wrote:
Saiga wrote:To be honest Goku standing around while shit goes sour for him isn't exactly new.
Didn't he do that in Broly when Broly tanked kamehameha? He stood there with that dumb look on his face.
You mean the non canon movie?
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:24 am

fexus wrote: And Goku use a Kamehameha as a full frontal attack and just stand there when he sees that it didn't work?
*ahem*
https://youtu.be/Bc5vVAUcaR4?t=1m4s

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:26 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
fexus wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Of course they disrespected Goku. They paired him up against Superman. A guy he had no chance against. They also disrespected Superman, by putting him against a not worth his time.
We're lucky they don't just have Superman fly up and snap Goku's neck before he even knows what's happening, cause Supes can do that. Or lobotomize him in a millisecond before Goku can even do anything. They also coulda just had Superman stand still and have Goku wail on him, with Superman never flinching.
But Superman combat speed isn't that fast. Z fighters combat speed is in the FTL speed when thy were fighting Cell. Superman also can't go 0 to light speed in a second. Even wonder woman has better combat speed than Superman.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:29 am

The hate for this fight is sooo funny! :lol:

So many people upset that their blue haired hero didn't beat the man of steel, hilarious! Bluper Saiyan got taken out by a fucking toy ring... People should be happy Goku lasted as long as he did.
Last edited by SSJ God Gogeta on Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:39 am

fexus wrote:But Superman combat speed isn't that fast. Z fighters combat speed is in the FTL speed when thy were fighting Cell. Superman also can't go 0 to light speed in a second. Even wonder woman has better combat speed than Superman.
I see people post that a lot, but what does that even mean? Is Wonder Woman slow or something? What does it matter if WW is faster than supes if both of them are faster than Goku? And is WW even faster than Supes if he isn't holding back at all. I've seen the page that everybody references for saying that Wonder Woman is faster but like its been said Superman holds back a lot.
But in any case I'm pretty sure she is supposed to be pretty quick. I saw a scan once where they showed her deflecting attacks that were coming from the edges of the galaxy (or maybe the universe). I don't remember the details but it was a bunch of attacks and somebody did some calculations on it, and it came out to some completely absurd over the top speed.
Last edited by dario03 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:40 am

fexus wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
You mean the non canon movie?
They use every medium. Filler generally makes Goku stronger anyways.

And again, don't argue over the fight itself, which only serves for entertainment, but against their analysis of why Superman is the victor. Can you debunk what they said?

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:42 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:The hate for this fight is sooo funny! :lol:

So many people upset that their blue haired hero didn't beat the man of steel, hilarious! Bluper Saiyan got taken out bu a fucking toy ring... People should be happy Goku lasted as long as he did.
I don't care that Goku loses but showing him lose like that is embarrassing if I were to put it lightly. They are pretty bias towards Superman and didn't even want to recognize the mistake they did in the previous "research". They even consider themselves to be the official fight on what would happen if both fight and basically telling all the previous Superman VS Goku fight other people made was unofficial and basically saying all of them were wrong.
Last edited by fexus on Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:44 am

fadeddreams5 wrote: They use every medium. Filler generally makes Goku stronger anyways.

And again, don't argue over the fight itself, which only serves for entertainment, but against their analysis of why Superman is the victor. Can you debunk what they said?
I don't need to. Jut search Google. A lot of people already debunk their so call research.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:52 am

I'm just surprised how many people really thought that Goku would win... I mean come on...
Last edited by SSJ God Gogeta on Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:53 am

fexus wrote:I don't need to. Jut search Google. A lot of people already debunk their so call research.
It's not another posters' job to search and verify your claims. If you've got them, post them.

Some of their "so called research" from the first Death Battle came from the wonderful people who run this very site. They didn't seem bothered by the outcome from what I recall.

Dunno about this one, but it didn't seem like much changed in the grand scheme of things.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:01 am

Mewzard wrote:
fexus wrote:I don't need to.pow search Google. A lot of people already debunk their so call research.
It's not another posters' job to search and verify your claims. If you've got them, post them.

Some of their "so called research" from the first Death Battle came from the wonderful people who run this very site. They didn't seem bothered by the outcome from what I recall.

Dunno about this one, but it didn't seem like much changed in the grand scheme of things.
You mean they were the one to say to scale his power like that and actually calculate his speed using the Snake way?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:11 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:I'm just surprised how many people really thought that Goku would win... I mean come on...
I agree. It's not even the least bit comparable. The ending part pretty much shows everything Supes can do, that Goku can't even come close to doing.