ParkerAL's Dragon Ball Super Reviews

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

ParkerAL
Regular

ParkerAL's Dragon Ball Super Reviews

Post by ParkerAL » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:42 pm

I figured this would be a better place to post my episode reviews for Dragon Ball Super as I write them, rather than in the episode threads in the Super section. We'll see how much longer I last writing these. :lol:

Episode One
Episode Two
Episode Three
Episode Four
Episode Five
Episode Six
Last edited by ParkerAL on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Doctor.
Banned

Re: ParkerAL's Dragon Ball Super Reviews

Post by Doctor. » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:44 pm

Episode 2 is inside episode 1's spoiler.

I've been reading it when you post, at least I skim through it, I never had the need to comment mostly because I end up agreeing. Good job :thumbup: .

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:48 pm

Heh. Thanks for pointing that out. Forum formatting can be hassle sometimes. I appreciate the kind words. I'm mostly doing these reviews as a way to practice writing, but I do hope people can get some level of enjoyment out of my ramblings.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Skar
Regular

Post by Skar » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:57 am

I really enjoyed these reviews! They're really eloquent and I wish I could write like that to be honest. I agreed with most of it so I didn't comment while I was reading. I wanted to ask if you plan on writing more of them?

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:29 am

Thanks for the kind words! It means a lot to know people enjoyed my reviews.

I actually did write a review for episode six. I just didn't get around to uploading it here (I'll edit it into my first post after posting this message). After finishing it, I felt pretty burned out from watching Dragon Ball Super in general, though I might write more if my schedule allows. If I do continue, I'll probably cover the remainder of the Battle of Gods arc in one review. Catching up would take far too long otherwise.