Revisiting Old DBZ Games on "Nostalgia Trip"

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Revisiting Old DBZ Games on "Nostalgia Trip"

Post by Innagadadavida » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:22 am

Hello everyone! I have a new series that's not completely dissimilar to a "Let's Play" style of series. The idea is that my friend and I go back and play games from our past and comment on them with a new perspective. Mostly we're just having fun playing games together and discussing video game topics (everything from development, industry, culture, fans). We are both big fans of Dragon Ball so we're going to be revisiting this series a lot. Here are some of our Dragon Ball videos! :D

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 (Gamecube)

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (Wii)

Tell me what you think of the videos, and if you have a recommendation for a game also let me know. Thanks for watching. :thumbup:
Last edited by Innagadadavida on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Uncle Jesse

Re: My friend and I recently revisited Budokai 2

Post by Uncle Jesse » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:30 am

I'd recommend giving Super DBZ a try.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Re: Revisiting Old DBZ Games on "Nostalgia Trip"

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:30 pm

Super Dragon Ball Z? That's an amazing idea. I'm going to try to get on that soon. I haven't played Super DBZ in such a long time.

I update the post and added a new video. Thanks for checking out my shameless plugs. :D

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (Wii)

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: Revisiting Old DBZ Games on "Nostalgia Trip"

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:56 pm

Do Budokai 3... punk, or else I'll find you and kick your ass!! jk

But seriously, can you do it?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.