Defending Frieza's Golden Form

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
nickzambuto
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1626
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Defending Frieza's Golden Form

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDtcqDtGk08

This is my first YouTube video. I hope it's okay. It's a topic I've wanted to tackle for a very long time now, but I might have gone a little overboard with the length. I'm just trying to spread it around and get some views now, I need those comments and video retention (which means people watching the whole video instead of clicking away) in order for it to show up in a search, so if everyone can just keep it on in the background that'd be pretty appreciated. Alternatively you can also watch the whole thing, that would be even more awesome of you :0

Constructive criticism on my editing, scripting, and speech is also welcome.

Oh, and please forgive my use of dub terms, I know Hyperbolic Time Chamber is basically a swear word around here lol. Trust me I know that a lot of the terms I used were wrong and it was a real struggle to decide on using them or the Japanese ones, but eventually I decided the Japanese terms might alienate away a lot of viewers. I hope this is acceptable :silent:

User avatar
MarCas92
Regular
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:22 pm
Location: U.S/Mexican Border
Contact:

Re: Defending Freeza's Golden Form

Post by MarCas92 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:08 am

nickzambuto wrote:Trust me I know that a lot of the terms I used were wrong and it was a real struggle to decide on using them or the Japanese ones, but eventually I decided the Japanese terms might alienate away a lot of viewers. I hope this is acceptable :silent:
Geekdom101 (my favorite DB youtuber) is rising FAST to one of the most popular DB channels and he uses Japanese terms almost exclusively. To me personally, I don't listen to youtubers who use the FUNI terms since that just shows to me that they are not very knowledgeable.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

User avatar
Soppa Saia People
I Live Here
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:26 pm
Location: an apartment complex huh...i find it quite simple, really.

Re: Defending Freeza's Golden Form

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:29 am

MarCas92 wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:Trust me I know that a lot of the terms I used were wrong and it was a real struggle to decide on using them or the Japanese ones, but eventually I decided the Japanese terms might alienate away a lot of viewers. I hope this is acceptable :silent:
Geekdom101 (my favorite DB youtuber) is rising FAST to one of the most popular DB channels and he uses Japanese terms almost exclusively. To me personally, I don't listen to youtubers who use the FUNI terms since that just shows to me that they are not very knowledgeable.
You know theres one thing about Geekdom that I hate the, the video titles have dub names but the thumbnails have the Jappense name
Anyway the video I like it :thumbup: and there is nothing wrong with using dub names that are still used (Fr!zea, T!en power level etc) now dub names that are no longer used ... that's a different story.
Edit: Piccolo JR is not the son of Piccolo rather a clone.
they/them
non gay eva fans dni | dic dub 90s sailor moon fans dni

twitter dvd for the sega cd | bi-weekly mal updates | my shitty music taste

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6328
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Defending Freeza's Golden Form

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:35 am

I like the gold form. SSJGSSJ was far worse IMO.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5539
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Defending Freeza's Golden Form

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:42 am

MarCas92 wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:Trust me I know that a lot of the terms I used were wrong and it was a real struggle to decide on using them or the Japanese ones, but eventually I decided the Japanese terms might alienate away a lot of viewers. I hope this is acceptable :silent:
Geekdom101 (my favorite DB youtuber) is rising FAST to one of the most popular DB channels and he uses Japanese terms almost exclusively. To me personally, I don't listen to youtubers who use the FUNI terms since that just shows to me that they are not very knowledgeable.
i find this attitude really arrogant if you ask me. Just because they use dub names, they're automatically compeltely discredited? Give me a break.
If I were to make a video providing a really in-depth discussion video backed up by the manga, but I decide to say "Tien" or pronounce Saiyan as "Say-in," my points are completely discredited purely because I use dub terms? No. That's not how it works.

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10558
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Defending Freeza's Golden Form

Post by Doctor. » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:43 am

I have an issue with your theory. And it's because of the main character of the entire series you seemed to have overlooked. Goku wasn't born with a battle power equal to that of Bardock like Raditz was. Even after training, the maximum he got to was around 400, 900 if he used Ki. He could only break the 1,000 mark after otherworldly training. There's Tarble as well to consider, but canonicity and stuff.

Another thing is what you said about Gohan and Goten. You said Gohan has the superior form, but the manga implies with the aura designs that Goten (and Trunks) has the same mastered Super Saiyan form as Gohan does.

Your solution to Freeza's four month problem is also based on the assumption that Champa will train Freeza. What happens to your argument if Super passes and Freeza trains alone?
Last edited by Doctor. on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KonohaKillas
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:39 pm

Re: Defending Freeza's Golden Form

Post by KonohaKillas » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:46 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
MarCas92 wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:Trust me I know that a lot of the terms I used were wrong and it was a real struggle to decide on using them or the Japanese ones, but eventually I decided the Japanese terms might alienate away a lot of viewers. I hope this is acceptable :silent:
Geekdom101 (my favorite DB youtuber) is rising FAST to one of the most popular DB channels and he uses Japanese terms almost exclusively. To me personally, I don't listen to youtubers who use the FUNI terms since that just shows to me that they are not very knowledgeable.
i find this attitude really arrogant if you ask me. Just because they use dub names, they're automatically compeltely discredited? Give me a break.
If I were to make a video providing a really in-depth discussion video backed up by the manga, but I decide to say "Tien" or pronounce Saiyan as "Say-in," my points are completely discredited purely because I use dub terms? No. That's not how it works.
I agree with this, we shouldn't single out, discredit, or insult any sector of the fan base with a holier than thou attitude. I get the value in the Japanese information, however I don't feel superior to fans that don't know the terms other than funi terms, we are a community and should act like it.

Back to the main topic, I got very used to Golden Freeza, what really counted the most for me was his attitude and charm as this memorable nasty villain, it truly felt like the Freeza we all love to hate was back and meant business.

User avatar
nickzambuto
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1626
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Re: Defending Freeza's Golden Form

Post by nickzambuto » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:06 pm

Doctor. wrote:I have an issue with your theory. And it's because of the main character of the entire series you seemed to have overlooked. Goku wasn't born with a battle power equal to that of Bardock like Raditz was. Even after training, the maximum he got to was around 400, 900 if he used Ki. He could only break the 1,000 mark after otherworldly training. There's Tarble as well to consider, but canonicity and stuff.

Another thing is what you said about Gohan and Goten. You said Gohan has the superior form, but the manga implies with the aura designs that Goten (and Trunks) has the same mastered Super Saiyan form as Gohan does.

Your solution to Freeza's four month problem is also based on the assumption that Champa will train Freeza. What happens to your argument if Super passes and Freeza trains alone?
Well as explained, this doesn't mean that every single child born in the Dragon Ball universe will hold the potential to be thousands of times stronger than their parents. Race usually determines potential, but sometimes mutants appear. I could have tightened up the script and explained things better, definitely. Thanks for the input.

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10558
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Defending Freeza's Golden Form

Post by Doctor. » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:13 pm

It's a good effort for your first video, keep at it.

User avatar
Soppa Saia People
I Live Here
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:26 pm
Location: an apartment complex huh...i find it quite simple, really.

Re: Defending Freeza's Golden Form

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:18 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
MarCas92 wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:Trust me I know that a lot of the terms I used were wrong and it was a real struggle to decide on using them or the Japanese ones, but eventually I decided the Japanese terms might alienate away a lot of viewers. I hope this is acceptable :silent:
Geekdom101 (my favorite DB youtuber) is rising FAST to one of the most popular DB channels and he uses Japanese terms almost exclusively. To me personally, I don't listen to youtubers who use the FUNI terms since that just shows to me that they are not very knowledgeable.
i find this attitude really arrogant if you ask me. Just because they use dub names, they're automatically compeltely discredited? Give me a break.
If I were to make a video providing a really in-depth discussion video backed up by the manga, but I decide to say "Tien" or pronounce Saiyan as "Say-in," my points are completely discredited purely because I use dub terms? No. That's not how it works.
It depends though, if I made a video and I said Tullece, Karin,Fasha etc and people in the comments where like "DUR WHOS DAT ?" I would assume that they would be uninformed. Would I be right ?
they/them
non gay eva fans dni | dic dub 90s sailor moon fans dni

twitter dvd for the sega cd | bi-weekly mal updates | my shitty music taste

User avatar
MajinMan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1231
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:42 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Defending Freeza's Golden Form

Post by MajinMan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:35 pm

Great video. I would recommend trying to link with the bigger DB youtubers to help grow your channel; leave comments on their videos and try to engage slowly. Don't give up if your channel doesn't grow anytime soon, because it seems like you got what it takes.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

60.

Rest in peace.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5539
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Defending Freeza's Golden Form

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:08 pm

soppa saia people wrote:It depends though, if I made a video and I said Tullece, Karin,Selypa etc and people in the comments where like "DUR WHOS DAT ?" I would assume that they would be uninformed. Would I be right ?
You'd be right in saying they were uninformed, but I'm pretty sure even the most hardcore of dub fans can tell the difference most of the time.
But that's not my point. Just because some likes / is more familiar with the dub terms more, that alone doesn't make their points less valid.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1188
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:12 pm

Re: Defending Freeza's Golden Form

Post by jcogginsa » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:42 pm

soppa saia people wrote:It depends though, if I made a video and I said Tullece, Karin,Selypa etc and people in the comments where like "DUR WHOS DAT ?" I would assume that they would be uninformed. Would I be right ?
You could throw up a picture of the characters as you say the lines.

As for the names issue, i typically go with the Dub names because i'm familiar with them more than the Japanese. Except for Hercule. I make a deliberate choice to use that.

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6328
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Defending Freeza's Golden Form

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:49 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
Doctor. wrote:I have an issue with your theory. And it's because of the main character of the entire series you seemed to have overlooked. Goku wasn't born with a battle power equal to that of Bardock like Raditz was. Even after training, the maximum he got to was around 400, 900 if he used Ki. He could only break the 1,000 mark after otherworldly training. There's Tarble as well to consider, but canonicity and stuff.

Another thing is what you said about Gohan and Goten. You said Gohan has the superior form, but the manga implies with the aura designs that Goten (and Trunks) has the same mastered Super Saiyan form as Gohan does.

Your solution to Freeza's four month problem is also based on the assumption that Champa will train Freeza. What happens to your argument if Super passes and Freeza trains alone?
Well as explained, this doesn't mean that every single child born in the Dragon Ball universe will hold the potential to be thousands of times stronger than their parents. Race usually determines potential, but sometimes mutants appear. I could have tightened up the script and explained things better, definitely. Thanks for the input.
I'm not sure I get your idea either, you say a human on average would be born with a PL of 1, and could reach 10 by training, then if they have kids, that kid would be born with 10 and reach 100 by training... so after 9 generations you'd have humans born stronger than Freeza.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
Geekdom101
Regular
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 pm
Location: Universe 7
Contact:

Re: Defending Freeza's Golden Form

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:33 am

THIS WAS A REALLY GOOD VIDEO BRO! I like your skills and your voice
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

User avatar
Geekdom101
Regular
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 pm
Location: Universe 7
Contact:

Re: Defending Freeza's Golden Form

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:34 am

MajinMan wrote:Great video. I would recommend trying to link with the bigger DB youtubers to help grow your channel; leave comments on their videos and try to engage slowly. Don't give up if your channel doesn't grow anytime soon, because it seems like you got what it takes.
Bro I'll work with this guy NOW. I'm very impressed!
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

User avatar
Geekdom101
Regular
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 pm
Location: Universe 7
Contact:

Re: Defending Freeza's Golden Form

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:37 am

soppa saia people wrote:
MarCas92 wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:Trust me I know that a lot of the terms I used were wrong and it was a real struggle to decide on using them or the Japanese ones, but eventually I decided the Japanese terms might alienate away a lot of viewers. I hope this is acceptable :silent:
Geekdom101 (my favorite DB youtuber) is rising FAST to one of the most popular DB channels and he uses Japanese terms almost exclusively. To me personally, I don't listen to youtubers who use the FUNI terms since that just shows to me that they are not very knowledgeable.
You know theres one thing about Geekdom that I hate the, the video titles have dub names but the thumbnails have the Jappense name
Anyway the video I like it :thumbup: and there is nothing wrong with using dub names that are still used (Fr!zea, T!en power level etc) now dub names that are no longer used ... that's a different story.
Edit: Piccolo JR is not the son of Piccolo rather a clone.
Btw just an FYI - I use dub names because of google searches. Videos show up better on searches if I use Frieza and Spirit Bomb.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

User avatar
emperior
I Live Here
Posts: 4157
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 pm
Location: Dragon World
Contact:

Re: Defending Freeza's Golden Form

Post by emperior » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:50 pm

lol why do people here have problems with FUNi names? as long as people can understand what you're saying it's fine. want to hear japanese names? go look for a japanese video. I swear some people are really stupid
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

User avatar
Soppa Saia People
I Live Here
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:26 pm
Location: an apartment complex huh...i find it quite simple, really.

Re: Defending Freeza's Golden Form

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:11 pm

emperior wrote:lol why do people here have problems with FUNi names? as long as people can understand what you're saying it's fine. want to hear japanese names? go look for a japanese video. I swear some people are really stupid
Because always old Funi terms and censership is annoying.
they/them
non gay eva fans dni | dic dub 90s sailor moon fans dni

twitter dvd for the sega cd | bi-weekly mal updates | my shitty music taste

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5539
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Defending Freeza's Golden Form

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:17 pm

soppa saia people wrote:
emperior wrote:lol why do people here have problems with FUNi names? as long as people can understand what you're saying it's fine. want to hear japanese names? go look for a japanese video. I swear some people are really stupid
Because always old Funi terms and censership is annoying.
95% of the English names are completely valid translations though. Even Mr. Satan is used in the uncut version of the Z dub save for a few exceptions which seemed to just be an oversight.

Also Geekdom, wouldn't that sortve be like click bait? Just asking. If I see a video with Spirit Bomb for example, but in the video I hear Genki Dama, Kuririn, Saiyajin / Sigh-yan etc, it seems like click baiting to me is all

Post Reply