Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:53 pm

I'm not a fan of any of them from what I've seen. One half I feel like just spreads misinformation and the other half reeks of elitism at times

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:25 pm

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way... :P
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:04 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:Well, I'm sorry you feel that way... :P
I actually haven't seen your videos so I guess you're excluded from that :)

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:08 am

I don't really think Rhymestyle's videos are very good, I saw one where he called Vegeta a tragic character and I had to exit out. I used to not watch Qaaman's and blackenfist but over the last year or so I think they've made more qualitative videos so I check in on their channels from time to time.
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

Videlphia76ers
Beyond Newbie

Post by Videlphia76ers » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:03 pm

soppa saia people wrote:Not bump my own topic but is RhymeStyle getting the Blitzwinger treatment (And for those who don't who/what that is Blitzwinger is a semi successful YouTuber with one million sub's who's besides his Lego videos barely surpassed 50,00 views), for 200,000 sub's his videos aren't exactly popular :?
Stuff like that is really common, if you have a bit of know how, anyone can fall into a niche and get up to 5 digits of subs easy if one thing catches fire and they run it into the ground over and over. To me, an impressive Youtube channel can keep a consistent amount of hits for multiple subjects.
Cool dudes do cool stuff like 5 Chipotle burritos

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:17 pm

Draconic wrote:The best guy is Geekdom101. He is the only one I am subscribed too. I used to be subscribed to Qaaman's Land and blackenfist too, but I lost my interest in their content so I unsubscribed. I like Geekdom because, even if don't really learn something new (mostly cause I am already familiar with most stuff) at least he is entertaining to listen to and seems to have the closest tastes to mine. I will admit that even his content has started to bore me a little, mostly since I joined this forum where I can actually actively take part in discussions, but if it wasn't for him I probably would never have joined in the first place. He really deserves to get big, unlike some other DBtubers *Rhymestyle*

Oh, and the TalkDB songs are just a freakin blast.
What bores you so that I may improve upon it?
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:18 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
He's talking about ME!!!!

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:51 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Draconic wrote:The best guy is Geekdom101. He is the only one I am subscribed too. I used to be subscribed to Qaaman's Land and blackenfist too, but I lost my interest in their content so I unsubscribed. I like Geekdom because, even if don't really learn something new (mostly cause I am already familiar with most stuff) at least he is entertaining to listen to and seems to have the closest tastes to mine. I will admit that even his content has started to bore me a little, mostly since I joined this forum where I can actually actively take part in discussions, but if it wasn't for him I probably would never have joined in the first place. He really deserves to get big, unlike some other DBtubers *Rhymestyle*

Well, it's just that ever since I joined Kanzenshuu I get reliable information at a much quicker pace than just waiting for your videos. I still watch them and enjoy hearing your thoughts about them, but I guess I find kinda dull hearing the same news twice (from here and from you). It's not your problem, as I think you are very informative for the majority of people who don't visit this forum/site regularly. And when you come out with a new TalkDB, where you literally discuss stuff in an entartaining manner, I always make sure to have time and listen to the video. I also love the Ask.fm videos, but I usually just binge two-three at a time late at night, so I don't really watch them straight away.
If there IS a flaw I can inform you about, is that you seem to only do colaborations with the same people (Jay, Zeon), but sinceI think they are very thoughtful, I don't really mind. However, a few fresh faces could really improve on some of this "routine" you seem to have fallen into. This is probably why I found the Importance of Bulma video (I think that's what it's called) the most enjoyable in a while, since you had a new gal come in and share her thoughts.
But, I found that this dullish trend I observed is also alleviated by the fact you started making videos about other stuff, namely Star Wars. I love your SW videos because they are a breath of fresh air, so you could try doing more of those. But that is dangerous, since I hope you stay a DB focused channel.

That's my two cents and I am just one guy, so you don't really need to listen to me or anything. The thing is, your content is fine as it is and what makes it great is your personality. You try to be as objective as possible. You don't cut the slack to the bullshit, but you also don't overblow stuff. Which is probably why I believe you are better than mist other guys. Qaaman has great what ifs, but he is kinda bland, blackenfist seems to be bored with almost everything (though he gave the community some amazing content), Rhymestyle is a little too hyperactive for my tastes and seems to care more about quantity over quality. Really, you needn't worry, you are amazing as it is.

And since you replied, I ought to thank you for introducing me to Kanzenshuu and making me watch the whole series in japanese (binged it in two months!). Keep up the great job!
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:45 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
He's talking about ME!!!!
I wasn't talking about you either. Just in the general sense. Like I said I haven't really seen any DB Youtuber videos as of the past few months. None of the ones I'm talking about are even on here as far as I know. I wrote that after my friend told me about a video called 7 Ways to Tell if You're a True DB Fan, which just got under my skin. I believe the whole true fan vs fake(?) fan concept is completely asinine for the most part, but that's a topic for another thread.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:42 am

Draconic wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:

Well, it's just that ever since I joined Kanzenshuu I get reliable information at a much quicker pace than just waiting for your videos. I still watch them and enjoy hearing your thoughts about them, but I guess I find kinda dull hearing the same news twice (from here and from you). It's not your problem, as I think you are very informative for the majority of people who don't visit this forum/site regularly. And when you come out with a new TalkDB, where you literally discuss stuff in an entartaining manner, I always make sure to have time and listen to the video. I also love the Ask.fm videos, but I usually just binge two-three at a time late at night, so I don't really watch them straight away.
If there IS a flaw I can inform you about, is that you seem to only do colaborations with the same people (Jay, Zeon), but sinceI think they are very thoughtful, I don't really mind. However, a few fresh faces could really improve on some of this "routine" you seem to have fallen into. This is probably why I found the Importance of Bulma video (I think that's what it's called) the most enjoyable in a while, since you had a new gal come in and share her thoughts.
But, I found that this dullish trend I observed is also alleviated by the fact you started making videos about other stuff, namely Star Wars. I love your SW videos because they are a breath of fresh air, so you could try doing more of those. But that is dangerous, since I hope you stay a DB focused channel.

That's my two cents and I am just one guy, so you don't really need to listen to me or anything. The thing is, your content is fine as it is and what makes it great is your personality. You try to be as objective as possible. You don't cut the slack to the bullshit, but you also don't overblow stuff. Which is probably why I believe you are better than mist other guys. Qaaman has great what ifs, but he is kinda bland, blackenfist seems to be bored with almost everything (though he gave the community some amazing content), Rhymestyle is a little too hyperactive for my tastes and seems to care more about quantity over quality. Really, you needn't worry, you are amazing as it is.

And since you replied, I ought to thank you for introducing me to Kanzenshuu and making me watch the whole series in japanese (binged it in two months!). Keep up the great job!

THANK YOU very much for taking the time out to give me your two cents. I try to get the news as fast as possible, but like these guys will tell you, its hard. Specially with families, jobs etc. BUT I appreciate your insight. As far as a variety of videos, Jay and Zeon ARE two of my primary partners whom I work with a lot because I want them to get more subs and grow, but I will be doing a video coming up with a BRAND NEW person about Bulma and Yamcha PLUS a QNA with LANCE next month! But yes I agree with you and thanks a lot.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:48 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
I wasn't talking about you either. Just in the general sense. Like I said I haven't really seen any DB Youtuber videos as of the past few months. None of the ones I'm talking about are even on here as far as I know. I wrote that after my friend told me about a video called 7 Ways to Tell if You're a True DB Fan, which just got under my skin. I believe the whole true fan vs fake(?) fan concept is completely asinine for the most part, but that's a topic for another thread.
Was that by GokuT23?

AS_Saiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by AS_Saiyan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:24 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
THANK YOU very much for taking the time out to give me your two cents. I try to get the news as fast as possible, but like these guys will tell you, its hard. Specially with families, jobs etc. BUT I appreciate your insight. As far as a variety of videos, Jay and Zeon ARE two of my primary partners whom I work with a lot because I want them to get more subs and grow, but I will be doing a video coming up with a BRAND NEW person about Bulma and Yamcha PLUS a QNA with LANCE next month! But yes I agree with you and thanks a lot.
Hey bro, if you are already here I gotta say I love your channel and videos, thanks to you I'm even here on Kanzenshuu and I've started reading the Manga and watching the Japanese dub of the anime. Hard to believe that before I was subscribed to you I was a dubbie and a Falconeer fanboy, and now I can't even see the show if it's not in Japanese. I even learned to respect Toriyama MUCH more thanks to you too.
And just an idea for some new series of videos, what about making a contest hosted by you, where each time you ask two subscribers/youtubers questions (but hard ones, you know :wink: ) about different topics/arc/characters they know a lot about. For example, a contest between MsDBZbabe and Jay of who knows more about Vegeta.
New User :) A Dragonball fan for over 10 years. My favorite character(s) are Kuririn and Goku.
And yeah, I need to find better signature.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:43 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Was that by GokuT23?

Nah it was ExpertGamerz (I think that's how you spell it)

BluePiccolo
Beyond Newbie

Post by BluePiccolo » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:29 pm

kidhero1000 wrote:No love for LSM?
Funny you mentioned it 'cause I actually like LSM the most (LaughingStock Media)

The host (Mike) is a really knowledgeable guy and a very thorough researcher on certain topics.
I like the way he presents cold facts with calculated theories based on comparison and math (not relying on powerlevels)
It's really fun when he brings in fun guests like Geekdom, SuperJaiyan or Quaaman
I know he's newer than most guys out there but I really feel like his material is at the very top in regards to quality.

Some DBZubers have silly catchphrases that irritated me at first but which I got to like over time, like Quaaman's "it's quaaman here two-daaaaay" or SuperJaiyan's "...from space australia" etc
\o/ Check out my Unboxing videos of high quality DBZ related stuff from Japan. \o/

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:43 pm

AS_Saiyan wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
Hey bro, if you are already here I gotta say I love your channel and videos, thanks to you I'm even here on Kanzenshuu and I've started reading the Manga and watching the Japanese dub of the anime. Hard to believe that before I was subscribed to you I was a dubbie and a Falconeer fanboy, and now I can't even see the show if it's not in Japanese. I even learned to respect Toriyama MUCH more thanks to you too.
And just an idea for some new series of videos, what about making a contest hosted by you, where each time you ask two subscribers/youtubers questions (but hard ones, you know :wink: ) about different topics/arc/characters they know a lot about. For example, a contest between MsDBZbabe and Jay of who knows more about Vegeta.
I have tears in my eyes (happy tears)

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:43 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Was that by GokuT23?

Yeha my buddy Joey. He's blowing up. I'm helping him out more check his facts and stuff. He's a good kid, blowing up huge.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:44 pm

BluePiccolo wrote:
Funny you mentioned it 'cause I actually like LSM the most (LaughingStock Media)

The host (Mike) is a really knowledgeable guy and a very thorough researcher on certain topics.
I like the way he presents cold facts with calculated theories based on comparison and math (not relying on powerlevels)
It's really fun when he brings in fun guests like Geekdom, SuperJaiyan or Quaaman
I know he's newer than most guys out there but I really feel like his material is at the very top in regards to quality.

Some DBZubers have silly catchphrases that irritated me at first but which I got to like over time, like Quaaman's "it's quaaman here two-daaaaay" or SuperJaiyan's "...from space australia" etc
SO THIS is your account Mike? Why didn't you just call yourself Mike_LSM or something? :lol:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:06 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
Was that by GokuT23?
Yeha my buddy Joey. He's blowing up. I'm helping him out more check his facts and stuff. He's a good kid, blowing up huge.
He sounds like a good guy, that one video just rubbed me the wrong way lol

BluePiccolo
Beyond Newbie

Post by BluePiccolo » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:17 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
BluePiccolo wrote:

SO THIS is your account Mike? Why didn't you just call yourself Mike_LSM or something? :lol:
Haha, I'm not Mike, but I'll take that as a compliment!
I am a DragonTuber though, check me out if you want! Just some unboxings so far, nothing fancy, but new stuff coming up soon!
\o/ Check out my Unboxing videos of high quality DBZ related stuff from Japan. \o/

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:59 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
No worries man! Just make sure to keep up the great work :thumbup:
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW