Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [COMPLETE]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by Shaddy » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:26 pm

I like how I knew exactly which scene was redubbed without y'all even saying it. It's just that egregious and terrible.

Anyway, great job with this, looking forward to future work, happy to be patient as well.

HellDroid

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by HellDroid » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:31 pm

If some kind soul could PM me this new broadcast audio version, I'd greatly appreciate.

Awesome work, dude, you're the best! Can't wait for Buu arc as well!

ArmenianPepsi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ArmenianPepsi » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:11 am

I am most hyped for Buu Kai recut. Just thinking of the prospect make my mouth water. I wish you the best of luck on your work :thumbup:
First time Dragon Ball fan as of March 2020. Still learning the ropes. Nothing much else to say,

Cosenza

Post by Cosenza » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:51 pm

Wow. This edit is simply amazing, I'm watching it all the time, it's mindblowing. About time Dragon Ball got the "Kai" treatment. Thanks and congratulations for your effort.

Catsenti

Post by Catsenti » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:46 pm

I've been showing Dragon Ball Recut with the broadcast audio to my sister. Her only prior experience with Dragon Ball is Nicktoons' broadcast of Kai and I don't think she would've had the attention span for all of the original series. Plus she'd never watched anything Dragon Ball in Japanese before. I'm happy to report she loves it and is starting to see why I prefer the Japanese cast. So thanks, IAmTheMilkMan. You're awesome!

ThatPixarGuy

Post by ThatPixarGuy » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:12 pm

Finally made an account here, to give my thanks for these. DB Recut was a great experience for me and a few of my friends, and from the details I've gathered, Z should be even better! Good luck inserting the Kai Dub btw, should be incredible when it's finally done.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:17 pm

Did I hear right that there is DB Recut with broadcast audio now? Or is that just for Z? If there is DB Recut with broadcast audio could I get a PM? Thanks.

alazlam

Post by alazlam » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:36 pm

Any chance you'll do a version with the upscaled Dragon Ball release while there's no Blu Ray yet?

jrdemr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jrdemr » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:45 pm

alazlam wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:36 pm Any chance you'll do a version with the upscaled Dragon Ball release while there's no Blu Ray yet?
From what I've seen, it's not a very good upscale, so you would probably lose more than you'd gain.

Ajay might be able to tell you more about why exactly it isn't very good.

I'm also not saying this just because I want IAmTheMilkMan to finish The Final Chapters and start working on Z, why do you ask?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:59 am

jrdemr wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:45 pm
alazlam wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:36 pm Any chance you'll do a version with the upscaled Dragon Ball release while there's no Blu Ray yet?
From what I've seen, it's not a very good upscale, so you would probably lose more than you'd gain.

Ajay might be able to tell you more about why exactly it isn't very good.

I'm also not saying this just because I want IAmTheMilkMan to finish The Final Chapters and start working on Z, why do you ask?
There's supposedly a new French remaster coming but nobody knows anything about it. I tried to reach out to AB about it but they're radio silent.

PizzaShrapnel

Post by PizzaShrapnel » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:14 pm

I just wanted to say I'm a MASSIVE fan of this project. It's one of the best fan-edits I've ever seen. Thanks for all the hard work.

shomangaka

Post by shomangaka » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:19 am

Thanks for doing this Recut project, your work is very much appreciated. I'm very excited about the BA

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:07 am

I have to say, I really appreciate all of the work you have done on this. Dragon Ball really needed it because trying to get friends into Dragon Ball is impossible because of how long the RRA arc drags along in the anime and I don't want to skip to Raditz like some people do. Question: will you use the Japanese version (Kai 2014) as a base or the Final Chapters version released worldwide? Also will you replace the engrish opening song and ending song if you do use the final chapters? You could always use those fan covers of it because most people in general don't really like it and you would be doing a public service by replacing them. Again, I appreciate what you're doing and this is definitely the definitive way to watch Kai.

GoldDragon

Post by GoldDragon » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:36 pm

My friend and I just finished the namek arc of Kai Recut dub and aahhh it's so good!! I cannot give TheMilkMan enough props for allowing me to experience this show again vicariously by means of this fantastic edit. We are slowly approaching the final chapters.

Alexson_Daly3

Post by Alexson_Daly3 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:59 am

Can anyone send me a link so that I can download this series? Been finding it everywhere on net but couldn't find it. thank you so much!

GoldDragon

Post by GoldDragon » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:38 pm

Alexson_Daly3 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:59 am Can anyone send me a link so that I can download this series? Been finding it everywhere on net but couldn't find it. thank you so much!
Sorry, you will have to search for it because PM's get censored. That said, it's not super hard to find if you're used to looking for stuff like this...

On another note, it will be interesting to see how the intro for the Buu saga in Kai will be edited. TFC intro "Fight It Out!" is a catchy (albeit engrish) opening theme, but the video for it spoils practically every transformation in the saga. "We Gotta Power" aka danger zone :D intro in the original Z shows Teen Gohan as Saiyaman, and only spoils Goten & Trunks SSJ transformations, but it seems designed mostly for only the first part of the saga.

I am not sure what the editor is planning, but I wonder if he plans to have different video depending on what has been revealed in the series. So far, the intros in this edit have been really mindful of spoilers.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:06 am

GoldDragon wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:38 pm
Alexson_Daly3 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:59 am Can anyone send me a link so that I can download this series? Been finding it everywhere on net but couldn't find it. thank you so much!
Sorry, you will have to search for it because PM's get censored.
Really? Never happened to me.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:19 pm

I don't understand how people have such trouble finding the second result on google.

TARIPAR

Post by TARIPAR » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:53 pm

Hey, everyone!

Long time lurker of this project's thread, and I was just curious when Buu Kai is coming (or at least an estimate). I got my friend into DB through these edits, and I'd love to finish off the series with it too. We're in the middle of the actual Buu Kai right now and it's a bit of a slog.

Thanks!
If I had to choose between an overprotective, former-kung-fu girl and a self-absorbed, feisty tech-wizard, I'd probably choose the sneezing schizophrenic. Or the turtle.

Tye2K

Post by Tye2K » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:44 am

Is this project still alive?? I've been waiting on that Buu Recut for a good year now, as well as the original Z recut (the only available one is by Spyro Chris, but honestly based on how it was executed, calling it a "recut" is highly debatable).