Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by Forte224 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:24 am

IAmTheMilkMan wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:38 am
Forte224 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:27 pm
I'm curious about something. I noticed a mild difference in my DB Dragon Box footage and the Dragon Box footage you used for Recut. There's this kind of ugly line on the left side of the screen in my release. I assume you cropped that out? Or is something up with my discs? Because it is in a lot of my episodes and is not in any of yours despite using the Dragon Box. If that is the case then I'm happy with the decision, but I'm just curious.
Yep, I cropped it out. For the first episode or two that it appeared, I actually tried to keep it by adjusting the color as best I could to match the rest of the image, but the results weren't as good as I'd hoped, so I just cropped it out after that.
Ah I see. Well, I'm glad it's nothing wrong with my discs, though I'm not sure how an issue like that could happen with a disc anyway, I'm just paranoid sometimes, haha. I'm glad you got rid of it because for me it's very distracting.

MistaL
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by MistaL » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:39 am

Forte224 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:24 am
IAmTheMilkMan wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:38 am
Forte224 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:27 pm
I'm curious about something. I noticed a mild difference in my DB Dragon Box footage and the Dragon Box footage you used for Recut. There's this kind of ugly line on the left side of the screen in my release. I assume you cropped that out? Or is something up with my discs? Because it is in a lot of my episodes and is not in any of yours despite using the Dragon Box. If that is the case then I'm happy with the decision, but I'm just curious.
Yep, I cropped it out. For the first episode or two that it appeared, I actually tried to keep it by adjusting the color as best I could to match the rest of the image, but the results weren't as good as I'd hoped, so I just cropped it out after that.
Ah I see. Well, I'm glad it's nothing wrong with my discs, though I'm not sure how an issue like that could happen with a disc anyway, I'm just paranoid sometimes, haha. I'm glad you got rid of it because for me it's very distracting.
The DVDs were mastered for use on 4:3 CRT TVs, and the line would've been outside of the deadzone so it wouldn't have been visible back then. They likely figured there was no point in correcting something they didn't expect anyone to ever see anyway.